• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Texture Requests

I don't know if this is my idea or something I remember someone else saying. Also it would be tedious to do in game. But…
If three stained glasses in Loth pack had the mallorn leaf texture transferred over to them, and we placed them all around throughout the forest to get light and stuff (not necessary every block though, give it a sort of dappled look). That would make it look more foresty.

Okay first things first. Here is Quartz Pillar for your consideration. (I will need some instruction as to how the process for submission is handled)

sxX70fg.png

Okay first things first. Here is Quartz Pillar for your consideration. (I will need some instruction as to how the process for submission is handled)

sxX70fg.png
This looks awesome,

Best person to give you feedback would be @Credoo since Minas Tirith is his baby

Otherwise @MattTheLegoman or @ScoobyDeezy could probs teach you how to submit things on Github, or, you could simply give us a texture download of it and have someone else upload it for you if you do not mind.

Can we see them with the other blocks used for Minas Tirith? I have a feeling your design needs a bit more contrast to fit with the white bricks and blocks that are in use in Minas Tirith.

What are the Acacia wood logs being used for?
Currently they are not being used for anything and remain in a default state

However I would like to use them for the forests by introducing a new log coloring. What I am thinking is a smoother grey bark for something such as an Ash tree (you can find one at the current treebuild that muddy did)
commonashtree.jpg

That is cool - is it okay if I make the inner log texture log_acacia_top useful? I am thinking of making a hole for a bird family to live in?

That is cool - is it okay if I make the inner log texture log_acacia_top useful? I am thinking of making a hole for a bird family to live in?
Uhmm, try both variations. You will probably be better off doing a simply log face just because a birds nest would limit the use of the log to a degree, especially when it comes to placing it sideways

Thanks matt!

Yes, darker still - by about 10%. =p

Try to increase the contrast of your grunge/detail/noise map. Or you could use the burn tool to make a few pixels here and there have a little bit more shadow.

This isn't a texture but it still has to do with the resource packs. I noticed one of the splash texts (in eriador at least) said "spears shall be splintered". This is wrong, the spears are the ones getting shaken. Its the shields that are splintered. (If we want to be super accurate to the book, theres only one spear and one shield.) If this could be fixed I would be happy.

Yes, darker still - by about 10%. =p

Try to increase the contrast of your grunge/detail/noise map. Or you could use the burn tool to make a few pixels here and there have a little bit more shadow.

If these look okay, then I am willing to submit them to Github, but have absolutely no clue where to start with this. :confused:

A bow painting for the Gondor pack:D It would need to replace one of the current paintings; not sure which one...

I request Activator Rails be retextured to ladders, at least on the Gondor pack. This will allow for ladders leaning against things and laying on the floor. Currently they are not retextured at all.