• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Texturers, look here!

As per request of @Finrod_Amandil , here is a side by side with more lore appropriate colors
old:
jbekd2NK1nohX0_e.jpg
jM5xTKlDUxsPS_e.jpg
j7JKxqP46qYNY_e.jpg
jsBLWAPgC8Hdc_e.jpg
jbgtRRK8EM9pmc_e.jpg

new:
jLKi1islqHp1j_e.jpg
jxemYQtdKkPus.png
jbjbL0e9RU7nue_e.jpg
jRcPOFzc6FjKv_e.jpg
jbgtRRK8EM9pmc_e.jpg

I am not sure if I will attempt the ones with purely rings as I am pretty satisfied myself with the current ones. I think the pickaxe adds some fun depth to the icon and that the pictures within are visible enough where it is easy to distinguish the location and what region it belongs to (@SugarKoala )
I can understand "more lore appropriate colours" but seriously. =p With the new colours I recognise that they represent the locations better (Mordor could alternatively be black I suppose). But may I ask why is Eriador light blue?

"Lore-appropriate" does not have to be taken too serious, following thoughts are behind the colors:
- Eriador: water / sky
- Rohan: Flag reference (white horse on dark green ground)
- Lothlórien: Mallorn trees
- Gondor: Flag reference
- Mordor: fire / lava

"Lore-appropriate" does not have to be taken too serious, following thoughts are behind the colors:
- Eriador: water / sky
- Rohan: Flag reference (white horse on dark green ground)
- Lothlórien: Mallorn trees
- Gondor: Flag reference
- Mordor: fire / lava

Lol - I had different but similar ideas that I'll show:
Eriador - light blue: Blue Mountains, the Belegaer ---- although I still prefer this colour than the light green (although you could say light green for the Shire)
Rohan - dark green: grassy plains
Lothlorien - gold: Mallorn trees
golden Mallorn trees
Gondor - white: the White City
Mordor - red: eye of Sauron, lava and fire

Could we get a list of people who are currently defined as "Texturers?" I know most people already know who does textures, but this would be helpful for those who don't know, or if a new person joins the texture development team.

i think we should do 1 texture pack just for dwarwen things like Blue Mountains, Moria, Erebor, Iron Hills, 3 Clans of Red Mountain etc.

I are a textyourrear.

Note: I work better with assignments/requests, rather than "Here is a list of every block we need - work on what you want."

Hey everyone, it's been a while since someone posted here.
Do we have any new people that are good with textures? Preferably 16x16 and 32x32 textures.

Please send me some of your work in a PM and I'll check with the other current texturers if you are worthy to join the ranks.

how many different ways do we have to submit things? i feel like it changes once a month.

so do we need permission to do the github pull requests? or is the final decision of whether a texture makes it into the official resource pack done afterwards? im inexperienced in this type of thing if you couldn't tell.

so do we need permission to do the github pull requests? or is the final decision of whether a texture makes it into the official resource pack done afterwards? im inexperienced in this type of thing if you couldn't tell.
all textures are looked at by credoo before being added,
Once the texture is accepted, you can either submit it to sugar, or do a pull request of your own