• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled Thalaeris' Artist Application

Thalaeris

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP

• Jobs and Plot-builds

- Jobs

Stuffmoria, 23/04/2021, Supervisor: barteldvn

• Themed-builds

- The Green Dragon Inn (-3274, 19, 56988, Updated 27 April 2021), The Inn is inspired by the Real-Life building in Hobitton

• Additional Builds

- World of Keralis:

This is a video of two Youtubers reviewing a build I made years back on the World of Keralis server, I did go by a different username back then, namely Apenbuilder.

- Single Player Worlds

"City of Belmont":

Japanese Castle:

- Ravand

I used to be Architect (=Designer) in a medieval building server called Ravand, but sadly this server went down and I do not have access to my builds there, but they were well appreciated :D.

• My Interests

I honestly love to build in any style, to learn new things and ways to build. I have built in Modern, Victorian, Medieval, Roman, Fantasy, Elven and so on. I try to practise as much as I can, as to get better at a lot of styles. If I had to pick one style, I would pick Elven, as I do want to learn more about this style, however in Lord of the Rings the Hobbit style specifically does interest me, as well as cities such as Laketown, Dale (Even though this is WELL into the future), the area around Gondor, and Mordor :D. I'd hop on board on pretty much all projects.

• My Motivation

I have always been a big fan of Lord of the Rings, and lately I have been really obsessed by it. I've watched a lot of lore videos and I wanted to do more with it, it also went paired with the fact I started to play Minecraft again since lockdown. I remembered this server, and decided I would take a look for myself. I flew around, and I instantly couldn't think of anything else than just wanted to help create the World. I am very impressed with what you guys had built so far, and I really just want to be part of it! Combining two of my biggest obsessions right now would truly be a spark of motivation.

Attachments

• 1619728331641.png
    1619728331641.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 142
  • 1619728380528.png
    1619728380528.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 160
  • 1619728422423.png
    1619728422423.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 141
  • 1619728514197.png
    1619728514197.png
    1 MB · Views: 148
  • 1619728549152.png
    1619728549152.png
    903.1 KB · Views: 172
  • 1619728591516.png
    1619728591516.png
    791.6 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Hey Thalaeris,

You definitely seem to have been building for a little while already, which shows in your builds.

Green dragon
- Great layout and atmosphere, it feels like a place I could see in the Shire.
- Good organic shapes to your buildings.
- Nice fields
- Good exteriors, a little too messy, though I see it might be hard to make them look good otherwise right now.

- Roads look messy/noisy due to the Polished granite and the mossy variant of it.
- The river looks very deep/rocky, which to me seems weird, I'd expect in these types of lands a more shallow and smoother river, which nicely green vegetated banks.
- The interiors to your buildings are a bit of a mess.
- Try adding just a normal log/slab design for beams or using arched ceilings.
- Avoid spamming carpet/leather/pressure plates over the ground
- In general try to organize your interiors more.

Looking forwards to seeing you try more stuff out in the future :)