• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

The Battle for Middle-earth

MattTheLegoman

Worthy of Mordor
Credits
XP
The title should be: what I have been doing since creating one or two flowers for MCME and a rejected rock texture for ArdaCraft.

G'day, I've been buys in Middle-earth as you can see, and I thought I might showcase my 3d models and environments created for the video game The Battle for Middle-earth. If you'd like to try it out I recommend getting patches from T3A:Online which fixes Windows 10 compatibility and returns online play.

I'd love to be some inspiration for the people here. If you have any questions or simple requests please ask.

Erebor
First up is the complete map of Erebor. I modelled most of the inside kingdom, parts of Dale and the landscape. The fortress map plays like the older BfME 1 game with build-plots and upgradable walls. There several large banner designs which you can see if you follow the link.

FULLMAP.1.jpg

Rivendell
The Rivendell Conservatorium is a music college, and functions like a video game castle but with musicians, singers and revelers, a dormitory, observatory, cathedral-shaped hall, gardens and a stage.

Rivendell_Conservatorium_by_Matt_Alexi.jpg

Gondor
These towers were inspired by another great RTS, Age of Empires. We have the watch tower, guard tower, trebuchet tower (no explanation) and the keep.

Gondor_all_towers.1.png

Moria, with @RubenPieterMark
Yes, I get to mention you here. ;D Thanks for reminding me about MCME.
My current project with the Age of the Ring modding team I'm in is a Moria campaign, a hundred new models and more today.

Who_will_you_send_to_the_depths_of_Moria.png

Who_will_you_send_to_the_depths_of_Moria_p2.png

I hope you enjoyed these pictures from one of the best LotR games. The mod that I'm part of, The Age of the Ring, we're having a competition with other mods on ModDB if you're interested. link to mod page

So what is this exactly? A mod for Battle for Middle Earth? I thought that game was discontinued?

It's an overhaul mod for Battle for Middle-earth: Rise of the Witchking, not only adding a loot, also revising some models with HD textures and high-poly models. As far as I reckon.

Looks cool man I liked that game allot when it got released! Never played the dlc but I might actually pick it up.

The game has a large fan base, enough for patching teams for the whole series and many active mods. T3A:Online has returned the online servers and there have been HD Editions of all the series but RotWK.

If you're interested in the HD Editions I could link them here. Here is a picture of the project, there's a nod to Game of Thrones and the Witch King's original movie armour. The artists involved in the project are now working on The Age of the Ring.

boysofthenorth.jpg

The Edain mod has an issue with not working with the latest patch and also installing directly into the game folder, but you can disable it and install RotWK 2.02 and then install The Age of the Ring.

This week I was landscaping a map of Khand.
Khand.PNG

Hey, guys are you still playing this game? Well, I didn't try playing this game. Looking to have this.
I also like playing battleground game, previously I used to play Call of Duty. Had anyone tried this game before?

Hey, guys are you still playing this game? Well, I didn't try playing this game. Looking to have this.
I also like playing battleground game, previously I used to play Call of Duty. Had anyone tried this game before?

G'day, there are still plenty of people playing it - check out T3A:Online or the Age of the Ring ModDB faq article which will give you a link to get the game.

However, The Battle for Middle-earth is an RTS, I guess that you are thinking of Lord of the Rings Conquest, where you play as a soldier or hero.

P.S. I'll add a picture of my model of Elostirion based on John Howe's concept art.
elostirion.png