• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

The Future of Builder Leadership

~:~ The Future of Builder Leadership ~:~

After careful consideration, a lot of meetings, and 1 month of careful planning. The valar have decided that it is for the benefit of the community that the role of Head Builder be split. This might come to surprise, as we already removed the development aspect of it with the Head Developer role, however, even then it is a large burden. Therefore we are going to have two Head Builders.

It will be split so that there is a Project Supervisor and Operations Manager sub division within the role. So, let me explain what each one of these roles entails.

Project Supervisor:
Primary Tasks:
  • Review the ongoing projects, optimally on a regular basis. Check up on whether the project is on track regarding the following aspects (maybe more)
    • Styles: Does it match / line up with other builds or does it look alien, if it does, is it just progressive or just plainly different?
    • Lore: Are all mentioned lore facts researched and respected?
    • Realism: Does the project match the standards of realism we have established in past projects? Is there more that could be done?
  • Command changes: If the project checkups unveil issues, address them and make sure they are changed.
  • Organize projects: Allow starting of new projects, assign projects to designers and vice versa.
  • Enforce project planning: Especially when projects are started, make sure thorough research is made and documented by the builders, project updates by the builders would be nice too and eventually assist in the finding of styles, give feedback, ideas…
  • In Charge of All Construction: By being the primary leader over regions and by being part of and leading projects just like Designers to remain in full-on contact with the matter of building.
Jointed / Secondary Tasks:
  • Put an effort to general improvement of builds, i.e. new aspects of realism to respect, new textures, styles…
  • Resolving conflicts and issues (rule infractions) of community members, especially Artists, Foremen and Designers.
  • Responsible for server-wide concerns and running the community as an Admin.
  • Continue to grow the community through aspects of building and other means and seek to develop MCME further into a healthier and better community
Operations Manager:
Primary Tasks:
  • Review the builders of MCME, optimally on a regular basis. Check up on the builders of MCME regarding the following aspects (maybe more)
    • Growth: How can we get more ranked builders? Are there any builders who should be promoted based on their work, attitude, and responsibleness?
    • Structure: How can more communication be achieved? Is the current structure rank and leadership structure most optimal for the community?
    • Standards: Are the builders maintaining good activity? How can application and promotion process be improved for more applicants and higher standards?
  • Take charge of the responsibilities through delegation: Lead the Builder Assistants and ensure that each one is doing their job so that all aspects of a healthy building community is achieved.
  • Approve and lead applications: Be in-charge of all applications and aid in the application process and solidifying the applicants final steps in their promotion.
  • Encourage community development through building: Prompts building events, and more integration of the wider community into the project of MCME.
  • In Charge of Builder Ranks: By getting to know and growing bonds with the team and by encouraging larger cooperation between builders.
Jointed / Secondary Tasks:
  • Put an effort to general improvement of builds, i.e. new aspects of realism to respect, new textures, styles…
  • Resolving conflicts and issues (rule infractions) of community members, especially Artists, Foremen and Designers.
  • Responsible for server-wide concerns and running the community as an Admin.
  • Continue to grow the community through aspects of building and other means and seek to develop MCME further into a healthier and better community

Through this way, more aspects of the building community can be lead and less prioritizing has to be done. And now the moment you have been waiting for… let me announce your new leaders.

Congratulations to @barteldvn on your promotion to Head Builder : Project Supervisor … and …

Congratulations to @TotiGonzales on your promotion to Head Builder : Operations Manager

This has been in the planning for a month, and we are not rushing the transition by any means. We will have an official inaugural ceremony next weekend (more details later), where Bart and Toti will lay out there visions for MCME. The admin team is most excited to work with them and I feel this is in MCME’s best interest.

I will continue to aid behind the scenes and will step down from Head Builder in the coming weeks… but for now you have three Head Builders! I hope the community will give their unconditional support to these two as they take on these large positions.