• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies

This movie was the funniest thing I have seen in years. I couldn't stop laughing at how silly it all was. When Legolas jumps on those falling bricks I just lost it. I'm pretty sure gravity just had a seizure during that fight :p
You must have been the guy behind me in the theater unable to control his little quips and laughter during the film.....

Oh wait no. That guy had a girl with him, couldn't have been you.

I must say the movie was not great. Not as epic as the lotr in its time. But it was not bad, they should have read lore better for this movie that is true. I mean going on a horse to gundabad seeing orcs marching out and the next day we are fighting at erebor. Or going to look in the wild for a 10 year old.

But these are things we lore fanatics spot. You need to understand we are probably the 1% of the people that watch this movie that know more then the 99% combined. If you make a movie about a book you need to make it in line with the book but you also need to make sure it is a enjoyably movie. The lotr is 800 pages of songs and explaining how the trees blow in the f.... wind. But the movie was way way more action based.

I had a good laugh at this movie and all the other hobbit movies. And if take lore and compare it with this movie we are going to stumble on a flaw in every scene. We can either accept the fact that new lore has been made with these movies or not.

And for the legolas jumping scene it is plausible in the peter jackson movies. Legolas could also walk on snow without sinking into it as a elf as shown in the lotr. Now either elf don't weight a damn and follow the proper physics of the world we live in. Or elfs are in a way magical beings that get uplifted by some unexplainable force. For elfs to be as tall as they are they consist out of a lot of matter and there is no way that all the matter that make up a elf is lighter then a feather. So (insert magic meme) legolas could jump on falling rocks because of magic.

sorry for the crappy english I have no time to check all that I typed (as usual).

Just saw it, so...

At the beginning, after Smaug destroys Lake Town, that one person asks where the Master is. One lady says "Halfway down the Anduin by now!"

The Long Lake... does not... connect to... the Anduin.
Seriously. Why???

Other than that, was pretty good.

Just saw it, so...

At the beginning, after Smaug destroys Lake Town, that one person asks where the Master is. One lady says "Halfway down the Anduin by now!"

The Long Lake... does not... connect to... the Anduin.
Seriously. Why???

Other than that, was pretty good.
I thought I felt something gnawing in the back of my mind when she said that.......
Maybe we should fix it?

"Halfway down the River Running by now!"

*inevitable spoiler warning*

I just got back from seeing it, and honestly...it was better than I expected. Not fantastic, and granted my expectations were somewhat lowered by the first two parts, but it was a nice solid film. Smaug trashing Lake-town was fantastic, though the arrow-launching was really derpy, and I missed Bard saying his Black Arrow line. (Also needed way moar Stephen Fry.) The Wraith fight maybe didn't make too much lore sense, but the idea of a 90-something Christopher Lee being a total badass was just beautiful. Jackson went a weeee bit overboard with Thorin's madness and Thranduil's general dickitude. (Sweet moose ride though!) Tauriel was a lot more subdued in this one, thankfully, and though it was still fundamentally stupid the romance didn't annoy me nearly as much. Billy Connolly as Dain was an absolutely inspired choice. The battle itself felt well-paced for how long it was, with plenty of ups and downs. I'm bummed that Beorn only got a brief cameo; that seems ripe for some scenes in the EE. I love how I had a complete "Here we go again!" reaction every time Legolas did something Legolas-y. Had to feel bad for anyone who wasn't familiar with the book; all the hot dwarves die! The very end did feel a bit rushed, but I got a kick out of the auction getting in there (Lobelia!), and it was nice having everything come full-circle with the final scene from Fellowship. It all probably would have worked far better as two films at most, but even so I think it'll wind up working better when I finally get around to marathoning them.

(Also I totally missed the fact that Aragorn would be so young at that time. On the other hand, the film version didn't have that 17-year gap between Bilbo's party and Frodo setting off, so if you add that back he's a respectable 27.)

tumblr_nhvk7ecM2c1u1womyo1_1280.jpg

The final version is coming out in April. Get hype.