• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Summer Times~ [07/20/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
qZRemZY.png

Opening Statement

With the MCME Two Trees Summer Event just around the corner now, it seems only fitting to shift the focus of the Times to such a summer spectacle! Therefore though there is still a vast amount of project progress happening on the server itself, there is a lot of behind the scenes planning happening right now in order to make the Summer Event THE minecraft event of the summer. By checking in every week, you can get an idea of what events are coming up, when they will be happening, and who will be hosting them on the server itself. There are a lot of great and fun activities planned so stay tuned!

The Two Trees Summer Event

twotrees.jpg
Opening Ceremony: On August 1st, MCME will be hosting the opening ceremony centered around Bilbo's party tree. This will include not only a community gathering, but an impressive display of fireworks and other fun events to get everything started!

The Great Lore Tour:
One of the highlight of last year, The Great Lore Tour will be a three day long tour, spanning over three weeks, that will highlight everything in MCME thus far with far more detail and fun then you could possible imagine. This will happen on the 10th, 17th, and 24th of August in case you were wondering!

Events
: Other events such as PvP, build contests, races, and other fun activities will be hosted by staff members for the pure pleasure of the community! Be sure to keep an eye out for this in the future!

Closing Ceremony and Awards:
The piece de resistance, the final days are marked by the dealing out of awards for everything ranging from best voice, to most hilarious laugh, to best builder. These awards are voted on by the community for the community so be sure to keep an eye out for opportunities to vote for such. Furthermore, speeches are made and celebrations will be had.
1sAarKnq9jX8J5ITEIFPsXaqAK3pzx_rep1FDaH2f39hjAyyj_sNBgWhOqtAbfdzQx_GQ0qASlHqfCCjqKAOGlpgW4-eKJa43q_r57aMNb8ZSqatI347ZZPJaAmFzPUNxw

Project Progress

jtMNpQ7hgQcLr.png

Osgiliath (1/2 Finished): At this point, the building of Osgiliath is done after a lot of hard work and effort the past few weeks. Congrats to everyone who helped build the city as it looks absolutely marvelous as seen above. However if you thought we were done, you are wrong as it is time for the infamous MCME ruining process!

Cair Andros (Almost Done): The last big building was announced for Cair Andros in the form of a build contest! Registration is open until the 25th so be sure to sign up now if you are interested. Otherwise finishing touches are continuing to be added to the fortress as the build gets closer to being completely finished.
ibbbJJ2MsO6Mu8.png

North Ithilien (In Progress):
At this point, all of the village ruins and roads have been finished as well as the process of pasting in all of the trees. Now it is coming down to the finishing touches of fixing trees, problems, and other details. Be sure to look for public jobs in this area as there are bound to be plenty as Northern Ithilien comes closer and closer to being done.

Paths of the Dead (In Progress): More and more tunnels and caverns in the Paths of the Dead are continuing to be constructed with the work of @Despot and others. If you are feeling daring enough on a given day, be sure to try your luck at navigating the tunnels.

Media of the Week

This week features @freshmilkymilk who took a beautiful screenshot of the newly added Ithilien terrain surrounding Henneth Annun.
jCyFmvakknYTb.png

Build of the Week

This week goes to @wodleth and all those who contributed in building the finished project of Osgiliath as this city features some of the best aspects of the MCME build style and technique. Congratulations for all of the hard work guys as it really payed off!
w6362pY.png

Status Updates

Promotions:

Congratulations @Shenjtor for his promotion to Bounder this week! Very well deserved!
As well as congratulations to aaldim, MrScarface981, Glovenator for their promotions to Artist this week! We all look forward to your contributions.

Resignation:
None

Noteworthy Happenings

Blunder of the Week: None

Quote of the Week: Thanks @DragonHorizon for this lovely quote!
Stokie : That guy, he's really loud
Smithle : How can you actually hear it?
Stokie : I hear it through Mikeys Wik
(meant to say Wikeys Mic)

Adventure of the Week

Coming Soon (@Tryfor34 )

Community Outreach

Facebook Page:
Have you checked out the MCME Facebook page? It is updated almost daily and provides not only great updates on the server, but also top screenshots, builds, promotions, and more! In other words, be sure to like us HERE.

Planet Minecraft Page
: As stated before, please vote for us every day HERE. This helps draw attention and commemoration towards the server and is really appreciated by the community. So do your part and support MCME!
13974_2.gif

Fable of the Five Wizards: Running on version 1.5 be sure to download the map and read up about it more HERE if you want to get the newest edition.

Times Feedback: Have a thought concerning the presentation of the MCME Times and how it can be improved? Because I am always looking for new ways to mix up and improve the Times experience through any means necessary and, if you have a comment or concern, its likely that someone else had it as well and just didnt say anything about it. So be sure to message me your thoughts on the forums.

Closing Statement

So the big highlight of this week is not the enormous project progress made, but the amazing announcement of the Two Trees Summer Event. This really will be the highlight of the summer for MCME so, if you are new and havent yet seen a summer on MCME, get ready to have your socks blown off, and if you are a veteran, welcome home :)

It was a splendid summer morning and it seemed as if nothing could go wrong.
-John Cheever

Last edited:
Here's a few ideas pertaining to the Great Lore Tour:
First, could we turn on the day/night cycle during the tours to get more of a Middle-earthy feel? Second - this idea would really only work if there is no warping on the tour - we could build small camps to stay at during the night. For example, if the tour was going along the Great East Road, and would be at, say, Weathertop near nightfall, we could build a camp around that location, and people could sleep at that camp, then continue in the morning. The tour could also stay at an inn or settlement - such as the Prancing Pony or Rivendell - the people could sleep there for the night. I guess it could work if there was warping, but it wouldn't be as cool. Obviously, there wouldn't be enough tents at each camp for everyone on the tour, but there could be more beds outside to sleep under the stars;)

Personally, I think this would add an interesting dynamic to the tours to make them more memorable. These two things would make it feel more like we're actually travelling around Middle-earth. I have no idea how much has already been planned, so if this doesn't work with the plan, then just disregard it.

First, could we turn on the day/night cycle during the tours to get more of a Middle-earthy feel? Second - this idea would really only work if there is no warping on the tour - we could build small camps to stay at during the night. For example, if the tour was going along the Great East Road, and would be at, say, Weathertop near nightfall, we could build a camp around that location, and people could sleep at that camp, then continue in the morning. The tour could also stay at an inn or settlement - such as the Prancing Pony or Rivendell - the people could sleep there for the night. I guess it could work if there was warping, but it wouldn't be as cool. Obviously, there wouldn't be enough tents at each camp for everyone on the tour, but there could be more beds outside to sleep under the stars;)

Personally, I think this would add an interesting dynamic to the tours to make them more memorable. These two things would make it feel more like we're actually travelling around Middle-earth. I have no idea how much has already been planned, so if this doesn't work with the plan, then just disregard it.
what would you do during the night time?

Something worth starting a discussion thread about (ie: "Great Lore Tour Suggestions" Thread) rather then discussing it here
What time will the opening ceremony start and how long will it last?
@Iru @SugarKoala

What time will the opening ceremony start and how long will it last?
I think we will reveal more details next week ;D
We still need to organise a full schedule and availability. 8pm BST (gmt+1) looks good for a lot of things.

Awards?

I nominate Jord, Fornad and Fallen Sanity as official Lore Masters.
I nominate myself and Shen as Apprentice Lore Master.

Forum rank pl0x.

but everybody should be able to make their own tent and put their own bed in it, (if we use DSEGH's idea) but please don't do anything inappropriate. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.