• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Summer Times~ [07/27/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
qZRemZY.png

Opening Statement

We are getting closer and closer to the MCME Two Trees Summer Event! Are you getting excited because I am for sure! If only you could see all the behind the scenes planning that is going on for this right now because it truly is, ridiculous and impressive what is in store for all of you. Other then the Summer Event, there were several project updates this week that are in need of explaining. So sit back and enjoy this edition of the MCME Summer Times!

The Two Trees Summer Event
1sAarKnq9jX8J5ITEIFPsXaqAK3pzx_rep1FDaH2f39hjAyyj_sNBgWhOqtAbfdzQx_GQ0qASlHqfCCjqKAOGlpgW4-eKJa43q_r57aMNb8ZSqatI347ZZPJaAmFzPUNxw
Opening Ceremony: On August 1st, MCME will be hosting the opening ceremony centered around Bilbo's party tree. This will include not only a community gathering, but an impressive display of fireworks and other fun events to get everything started!

The Great Lore Tour:
One of the highlight of last year, The Great Lore Tour will be a three day long tour, spanning over three weeks, that will highlight everything in MCME thus far with far more detail and fun then you could possible imagine. This will happen on the 10th, 17th, and 24th of August in case you were wondering!

Events
: Other events such as PvP, build contests, races, and other fun activities will be hosted by staff members for the pure pleasure of the community! Be sure to keep an eye out for this in the future!

Closing Ceremony and Awards:
The piece de resistance, the final days are marked by the dealing out of awards for everything ranging from best voice, to most hilarious laugh, to best builder. These awards are voted on by the community for the community so be sure to keep an eye out for opportunities to vote for such. Furthermore, speeches are made and celebrations will be had.

Project Progress

qXWkOhM.png

Osgiliath (1/2 Finished): Though the city itself may be complete, the process of ruining literally everything has just begun! Be sure to look for jobs and opportunities to help as concepts are decided and implemented for the community to see!

Cair Andros (Almost Done): Registration for the Cair Andros Build Contest has closed. At this point, teams are working on completing their build by the upcoming deadline to try their luck at having their build included in the MCME rendition of Cair Andros above all others. Good luck to everyone participating!

North Ithilien (In Progress):
It is time for a job marathon! A huge grid has been implemented over Ithilien that will allow staff members to run jobs in a somewhat organized fashion. Lizzy and I will be running a bunch of jobs Sunday and Monday afternoon so be on the look out for these joint jobs.

Paths of the Dead (In Progress): As more and more tunnels are constructed, the only thing holding us back right now is textures. If you are interested in developing some of the much needed textures for the Paths of the Dead, be sure to contact @Despot as he could use your help! The lighting above is not completely decided upon for the record

Media of the Week

This week features @Luyten who took an awesome screenshot of the transition between Cair Andros and Ithilien, well done to you good sir!
6QE1gIm.jpg

Build of the Week

This week goes to @Will_em and @iSMiTHz for their rendition of the "Not So Lonely Orc" in Osgiliath, party on fellas
jj7vSunTCXLzb.png

Status Updates

Promotions:

None

Resignation:
None

Noteworthy Happenings

Blunder of the Week: None

Quote of the Week: A bit of an identity crisis going on...
IodwvsS.png

Adventure of the Week
By @Tryfor34

Lords and ladies gather around for this weeks Adventure. Since this is the first adventure of many, I wanted to take a little bit of time to explain its purpose. The server is a big world, many people have contributed and it would take quite a of bit of time to visit everywhere on the server. So I figured why not help guide people, have them create their own adventures and get to see the world of MCME.

8yryaf.jpg

Today we will start with a gem known as the Southern Marshes. The Southern Marshes are located in the South East region of the Shire. To get to the Marshes, one must simply follow the rivers. But beware! The land between Bagend and the Marshes are often full of threats like hordes of orcs, wild beasts, and criminals. If you are lucky enough to arrive at the Marshes in one piece, you will enjoy the architectural sites, a great display of MCME ingenuity, and the wonders within.

A word of warning: not all Marsh inhabitants are good Shire folk!

Adventurers of Middle Earth, go out and visit this place, search for criminals, defeat hordes of orcs, and see the server. Please share your pictures and we will pick the best submissions and showcase them in upcoming Adventures of the Week. Until next week, remember one cannot simply warp to Mordor.

Community Outreach

PvP:
That is right, I said PvP! @JordD04 wants to know how many of you are interested in participating in different MCME Summer PvP Games in the coming weeks so be sure to give him your opinion HERE

Path of the Fellowship
: @Finrod_Amandil has been working on mapping out the entire path of the fellowship with little footprints in the ground (you have probably seen them here and there). Here is a map if you are interested!
sce13b.jpg

Facebook Page
:
Have you checked out the MCME Facebook page? It is updated almost daily and provides not only great updates on the server, but also top screenshots, builds, promotions, and more! In other words, be sure to like us HERE.

Planet Minecraft Page
: As stated before, please vote for us every day HERE. This helps draw attention and commemoration towards the server and is really appreciated by the community. So do your part and support MCME!
13974_2.gif

Fable of the Five Wizards: Running on version 1.5 be sure to download the map and read up about it more HERE if you want to get the newest edition.

Times Feedback: Have a thought concerning the presentation of the MCME Times and how it can be improved? Because I am always looking for new ways to mix up and improve the Times experience through any means necessary and, if you have a comment or concern, its likely that someone else had it as well and just didnt say anything about it. So be sure to message me your thoughts on the forums.

Closing Statement

Keep looking out for details on the Summer Event, because the closer we get, the more details will be shed as planning becomes a reality! Its an exciting time on the server so be sure to stick around!

Tears of joy are like the summer rain drops pierced by sunbeams.
-Hosea Ballou

Last edited:
Fire i have posted an album with some sreen of the work for the summer event

Quite excited for this new section by tryfor. Excellent choice of a location to start with!
Also good job Fire for including it.

With the adventures section, you should include somewhere that there are no orcs, wild beasts, or criminals, because that could definitely confuse new people. Nicely written though, and appropriate choice since the Southern Marshes were done by fire himself:p

haha yea I choose them because when I came back it was one of the first areas Fire showed me. Also I wanted to add some excitement to the tale haha. If anyone has suggestions for next weeks or in general feel free to post them here or message me.

Love seeing the footprints back in action. The Barrow-downs portion kind of makes me wish that area hewed closer to the book description; there are some cool creepy details in there that we don't really have.

I'm really pleased with the progress of Ithilien and Cair Andros.

I'm also really excited for the summer event and the Great Lore Tour, with Jord's lovely voice.
That is a legitimate reason to come, to listen to Jord.

well the channels are gone be flooded and it could be hard to communicate
I would go as far as saying every event will probably require teamspeak. (This is coming from someone that has looked at every event plan)
With the lack of priority speaker it may look like it can be difficult to force everyone but the leaders into silence, but we do have our ways ;D
Speaking might end up reserved only to the leaders and questions are left through chat communication just for the sake of sanity c:

I would go as far as saying every event will probably require teamspeak. (This is coming from someone that has looked at every event plan)
With the lack of priority speaker it may look like it can be difficult to force everyone but the leaders into silence, but we do have our ways ;D
Speaking might end up reserved only to the leaders and questions are left through chat communication just for the sake of sanity c:
the PVPGames will not require teamspeak.

Oh how I miss priority speaker... I want it back so much...

lol i hope it goes well

I know some of us have instructions already created, so as long as you read them and can type you should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.