• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Summer Times~ [08/10/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
qZRemZY.png

Opening Statement

The MCME Summer Two Trees Event is still going strong! Make sure to post below what events you have been to and which you enjoyed the most so far. If you want more information on the event, be sure to click HERE for all of the fun and games that will be taking place this week and for the rest of this month. Other then that, get ready to sit back, relax, and enjoy another edition of the MCME Summer Times

The Two Trees Summer Event
1sAarKnq9jX8J5ITEIFPsXaqAK3pzx_rep1FDaH2f39hjAyyj_sNBgWhOqtAbfdzQx_GQ0qASlHqfCCjqKAOGlpgW4-eKJa43q_r57aMNb8ZSqatI347ZZPJaAmFzPUNxw
Events This Week:

Skin Fashion Contest:
(All Week) This week has the theme of Favorite Super Hero, be sure to model yourself after that super hero (or villain really) that inspires you and post it in the thread!

Uruk Hai Obstacle Challenge Course:
(Sundays) Test your endurance and strength, since real life skills transfer to your minecraft character, and race throughout Middle Earth, following the path of the Uruk Hai while struggling through a variety of different challenge.

The Great Lore Tour: (Sunday) Are you ready for the three part event of the summer? Test what you know about lore and learn facts that you never could have dreamed existed about Middle Earth. This tour will be led by almost all the guide along with some help from others in order to make it both fun, and education, at the same time!

Droog Races:
(Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays) Ever feel nostalgic for the days in which you were a Thrall/Droog? No? Thats good, cus really who wants to be a Droog again! But if you want to relive the good ol days for just a moment in the form of a race, be sure to show up for this event!

Spleef Arena Tournament: (Wednesday) Challenge yourself to some spleef!

MCME Audiobook Tour: (Friday) Walk with the fellowship and experience the adventure of the Lord of the Rings by listening to the audiobook and walking in their footsteps online. Join a large group of community members and get ready to explore Middle Earth like never before.

The Wall Siege Tournament: (Saturday) More information coming soon

Project Progress

JL8chIN.jpg

Cair Andros (Almost Done): Only one more major build is left for the fortress of Cair Andros as the Barracks Building Competition gets closer and closer to being all done, it is only a matter of time before this build is finished with a ribbon on top!

North Ithilien (Almost Done):
Only a few more dead trees and stumps are left to add thanks to the help of artists and a few jobs. Otherwise North Ithilien is pretty much done other then adding the necessary flowers once the resourcepack is released to the public

South Ithilien (In Progress): All of the terrain has been finished for South Ithilien. Now the focus has turned to concept design for the dryer parts of Southern Ithilien. Be sure to check it out, or try a concept of your own.

Osgiliath (In Progress):
As the city itself has been done for a while now, jobs are continuing to be run throughout the city to begin and extend the process of ruining everything in an organized fashion

Paths of the Dead (In Progress): With the new textures being implemented into the Gondor Resourcepack, we are now able to proceed with integrating both the ghostly structures and stone supports. It is turning out to be quite an innovative build so be sure to check it out!

Media of the Week

This week features a screenshot of the Argonanth by @KlemensPlusLukas
0pIo7ji.png

mJrVCWa.png

Build of the Week

This week features the mountain range done by @taylore in South Ithilien (Emyn Arnen)
jWordcwg1sFeG.png

Status Updates

Promotions:

@Ma5terMinD was promoted to Artisan for the second time

Resignation:
None

Noteworthy Happenings

Blunder of the Week: None

Quote of the Week: Dont worry, he is certified
Thrall Joe_Lop: may i just apply ing
Artisan Ma5terMinD: apply for ?
Bounder DynoDaring64: apply for what?
Thrall Joe_Lop: builder
Bounder DynoDaring64: you need to be active for 2 weeks to get Commoner first
Thrall Joe_Lop: Sir im a certified builder of the planet minecraft
Thrall Joe_Lop: I shall be artisan if i am allowed
Bounder DynoDaring64: good for you but here you have to apply for Commoner first then try for Artist
Thrall Joe_Lop: Oh my

Adventure of the Week
By @Tryfor34

Welcome back adventurers! I see you've survived another week. This week’s adventure will be a little bit of a shameless plug for the Summer Events, along with a little bit of history. It will talk about a little river which flows throughout the lands of Middle Earth. It has the power of armies and is a true force not to be taken lightly. As some may have suspected this little stream is called The Anduin.

OvHwVD7.jpg

Come have fun on the river race :D

The Anduin, the longest river in all of Middle Earth, the true king of the 3rd age. This river encompases so much of the land that an orc in the grey mountains could be enjoying the river while a man in Gondor is fishing for some dinner. Hopefully that will give you an idea of the true scale of this river. So adventurers, enjoy the river and take a week off. But remember, there are also plenty of events happening on the server. Racing, swimming, shooting and relaxation are the doctor’s orders.

Until next week, one cannot simply warp to Mordor.

http://www.mcmiddleearth.com/forums/community-announcements.11/

Community Outreach

Jesse Cox:
In case you didn't see him, Jesse visited the server last Saturday and was given a tour of all of the new locations and important information surrounding MCME and the like. He will be coming out with a video soon enough so be sure to watch out for an MCME spotlight on his channel!

Path of the Fellowship
: @Finrod_Amandil has been working on mapping out the entire path of the fellowship with little footprints in the ground (you have probably seen them here and there). Here is a map if you are interested! Currently the path goes all the way from Bagend to Rivendell
sce13b.jpg

Facebook Page:
Have you checked out the MCME Facebook page? It is updated almost daily and provides not only great updates on the server, but also top screenshots, builds, promotions, and more! In other words, be sure to like us HERE.

Planet Minecraft Page
: As stated before, please vote for us every day HERE. This helps draw attention and commemoration towards the server and is really appreciated by the community. So do your part and support MCME!
13974_2.gif

Times Feedback: Have a thought concerning the presentation of the MCME Times and how it can be improved? Because I am always looking for new ways to mix up and improve the Times experience through any means necessary and, if you have a comment or concern, its likely that someone else had it as well and just didnt say anything about it. So be sure to message me your thoughts on the forums.

Closing Statement

It has been a great week of Summer Events so far and I, personally, cannot wait to see what else the people in charge have in store to participate in. Be sure to step out of your comfort zone, come on Teamspeak, and join an event even if you are not sure you will like it. Worst comes to worst, you have now met a big group of the community!

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
-Dalai Lama

Last edited:
The Anduin, the longest river in all of Middle Earth, the true king of the 3rd age. This river encompases so much of the land that a hobbit in the Shire could be enjoying the river while a man in Gondor is fishing for some dinner
@Tryfor34 but the Anduin doesn't go through the shire!

Yea I didn't really have time to adjust it. I know it starts in the mistys. Maybe fire can correct it

Its called the "Adventure of the Week" not "Lore Accurate Adventure of the Week", sheesh people, learn to read

Its called the "Adventure of the Week" not "Lore Accurate Adventure of the Week", sheesh people, learn to read
But you simply can't state on here that the Anduin flows through the Shire, That's as if you'd write in your geography exam that the Amazon flows through London. I may repeat myself, but when there's a kind of person in this world who should care about Tolkien lore its a MCME staff member.

But you simply can't state on here that the Anduin flows through the Shire, That's as if you'd write in your geography exam that the Amazon flows through London. I may repeat myself, but when there's a kind of person in this world who should care about Tolkien lore its a MCME staff member.
Dont fret, Monsieur Marius

I was simply trying to be funny, I have taken the measures and permabanned @Tryfor34 for his insolence

I have also fixed it

Just spot two small fixes in the post. "for a second time" might work better than "for the second time-(usually something behind)" in the promotions section. In the Project Progress section regarding Osgiliath.. "As *As you all know the city itself has been done for a while now; However jobs are continuing to run throughout the city, to begin and continue the process of ruining everything in an organized fashion"
Just little changes to make the sentences flow together better, but you can understand the post with or without the change so it's absolutely not necessary, just a partiality.
-Sincerely, the Grammar Nazis

Status
Not open for further replies.