• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Sunday Times~ [04/20/14]

Are you excited for the new Adventure Map?

• Yes

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • YES

Votes: 41 70.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
qZRemZY.png

~04/20/2014~

~Update~

Its that time of the week again. Apologies on posting this week's edition a bit late today, I have been traveling the entirety of the morning and afternoon heading back to college and its sometimes hard to post the MCME Times from the air! Anyways, a lot of great things have happened this week after the very successful staff meeting last sunday in all aspects of the community. So sit back, maybe grab some chocolate this time, and enjoy the Third Edition of the MCME Times.

~Projects~

jZJBEiKQIPrvf.jpg

jG6E03ZuYnNjH.jpg

• Minas Tirith (In Progress): The much anticipated Minas Tirith freebuild has opened to the public! Be sure to help out and build a house for the wonderful white city of Gondor after reading the guide found HERE
  • Pelennor Fields (Finishing Touches): The finishing touches are being added to Pelennor. This week the last few farms were constructed along with the Rammas Echor that surrounds it. Be sure to congratulate @wodleth on finishing up his project. The above screenshots are, once again, done by @freshmilkymilk highlighting the project.​
  • Gondorian Villages (In Progress): Many staff members are continuing to work on the remaining Northern villages. There are lots of houses that need building, fields that need planting, and roads that need paving so look out for those jobs.​
  • Osgiliath, Cair Andros, & Ithilien (On Hold): Waiting on project leaders due to real world commitments that take precedence​

~Screenshot of the Week~

@SonicBlaze101 recently uploaded a bunch of screenshots highlighting a full year at MCME. Check out the one below for a bit of nostalgia from shop building in Osgiliath as well as the rest of the album here.
jbbaslPehAZpot.png

~Status Updates~

Promotions:
None this week, but check the artist watch list.

Resignation:
None this week.

~The Community~

@Shmattins has informed me that the new Adventure Map will be out very soon. Keep an eye out for that and be sure to download it when it comes out as a lot of our community members have put a huge amount of time and effort into perfecting the final project. There will be an announcement highlighting the map once it is public. For second by second updates, be sure to watch this thread.

If you are interested in developing texture resources for MCME, be sure to check out the list of priority textures found here. Dont hesitate to try as you never know how good you might be until you give it a whirl. These textures can be submitted onto Github to be incorporated into the official resourcepacks.

~Meet the Staff~

Name: @Will_em
Age (optional): 23
Country of Origin: Belgium
Current Rank Held: Foreman

How did you find out about MCME and when did you join?

I actually found the first OMFGcata video on a showcase on ign with the ten best minecraft buildings. I checked out more and more and after a while I decided I just had to buy minecraft to actually see everything and participate in the building and creation of something that speaks to my imagination as pasta speaks to my stomach. Eventually got online on the build day of helms deep for the first time, and helped ever since. (25 of february 2012)

What was it like when you were a thrall/commoner (droog/member)? Any nostalgic moments?

I remember being shy and trying to do whatever small tasks I could get my hands on to do as best as I could. Eventually ended up bonemealling 100000 bonemeals to grass the fields of old rohan. I clearly remember the sunrise above the fields as I was the only one online and just keep going at the grass-blocks. Plenty of roadjobs along rohan are also fond memories of way back.
What was the first staff rank you got? Why did you apply/shoot for that rank in particular?

Back when I was member, staff were implementing a new rank called builder (which is artist now) as a sort of building equivalent of ranger. I didn’t have an amazing set of building skills, but enough to try for the rank. I (together with others) was one of the very first builders to be promoted. I remember the stress 4everDJ had about his application and when the promotions started he was on vacation, so that was pretty funny looking back at it. After earning my stripes as a good artist and helpful person, staff decided I’d be fit for the foreman rank which I secretly wanted a bit. Lots of jobs and thralls later, I remain the oldest still active foreman online. Darn I’m old.

Is there any type of architecture or server job that you enjoy working on the most? Why?

Hmm, this is a tricky question. I’d have to say I love any type of job as long as it’s something you can collaborate on with other people. So villages or small cities are something close to my heart. Also ruining buildings is also something I like because you can implement a story to the building in the way it is ruined.

What is your favorite thing about MCME?

The community makes MCME. You get to know people all across the globe and experience other customs or habits aswell as hone your language skills on many different levels (or at least for me). I now have several places across the globe I can crash which means I kind of have to do a globe trip. The fun moments in Teamspeak are also so different from anything else that you have to experience it by yourself to know what I mean. Thing like build days, Ruben getting drunk, Music streams, jams, discussions, and so on…

Do you have any other hobbies outside of MCME (besides MC and gaming)?

Yeah, I play guitar, bass, banjo, ukulele and with women. I love cooking italian food, and like to eat it aswell. I sometimes go swimming or climbing, depends on where I am and which facilities are around. I also am a big music fan and vinyl collector. Could add more but just ask me on Teamspeak if you want to know.​

~Closing Statement~

One of the themes this week, amongst both community members and staff, has been communication and efficiency. Some exciting new changes have been put in the works with the end goal of improving the MCME community as a whole in both an individual and project driven sense.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" -Gandhi​

Last edited:
Lots of build progress is happening! I'm excited to seeing more things near completion, everyone is doing a wonderful job. Pelennor fields are my favourite right now~
Once again want to mention that this link is more up to date and easier to understand in terms of what items and blocks need retexturing, it has several tabs at the top for both items and blocks, so once again, hope to see some more budding texturers c:

Promotions:
None this week, but check the artist watch list.

Resignation:
None this week.
Finally, a week with no resignations:)

Also, will any promotions be made to "replace" the retirees (you can't actually replace them, hence the quotations:p).

Finally, a week with no resignations:)

Also, will any promotions be made to "replace" the retirees (you can't actually replace them, hence the quotations:p).
This has remained undecided as, you have to keep in mind a lot of the time, the members who retire are usually inactive for the period before their leave and the server is still able to function at full capacity without them for the most part so there is no big rush to replace lost staff. However, I can imagine it does leave vacancies that can be filled so feel free to submit an application to be considered HERE.

This has remained undecided as, you have to keep in mind a lot of the time, the members who retire are usually inactive for the period before their leave and the server is still able to function at full capacity without them for the most part so there is no big rush to replace lost staff. However, I can imagine it does leave vacancies that can be filled so feel free to submit an application to be considered HERE.
Is this just speculation or do you have official information?

I'll probably do an application sometime, just in case:p

Also, if you're not excited about the Adventure Map, you probably have excitement issues.

I've had the privilege to see the map in its development, and IT. IS. FRODDIN. AWESOME. That's right - its so awesome I had to make up a word. Seriously, though - @Shmattins @BevsForBros & @devilius did an absolutely amazing job with it. It feels like a professionally developed platformer (it even had a two-year development cycle... :p). Basically what I'm saying is that this is Half-Life 3 for Minecraft. Except it's ACTUALLY REAL.

If Adventure Maps aren't your thing, make it your thing. You'll thank me later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.