• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Sunday Times~ [05/04/14]

Which are you looking forward to more?

• Cair Andros

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Osgiliath

Votes: 34 41.0%
  • Both!

Votes: 38 45.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
qZRemZY.png

~05/04/2014~

~Update~

Sorry for the delay! It is that time of the week once again for us to indulge in the worlds greatest past time, reading the MCME Times. A lot of things have been happening both on and around the server this week so there are quite a few updates and works in progress that have been put into motion. Hopefully you know the drill by now, so grab an ice cold drink, enjoy the weather outside, and sit down for the Fifth Edition of the MCME Times.

~Projects~

jVg2V257o2fu1.jpg

• Minas Tirith (In Progress): The Minas Tirith house build is still going strong so be sure to check out the guide for more information HERE. Also, the Pink Palace contest has also been put into motion as teams compete to have their design implemented into the White City. The screenshot above features just one of the many great builds held in the work in progress city.
  • Osgiliath (In Progress): Under the leadership of @wodleth , this project is now a go once again. Be sure to look for updates on the forums and check out the active project sites surrounding the palace to see the progress in action.
  • Cair Andros (In Progress): Thanks to @Thatruben , along with the help of @freshmilkymilk , Cair Andros is now back in business. Be sure to watch the forums for updates and check out the project site itself.
  • Pelennor Fields (Done)
  • Gondorian Villages (Done)
  • Ithilien (On Hold)
~Screenshot of the Week~

This week features a Worldpainter design done by @freshmilkymilk , this great program can create some amazing terrain for those who are interested on the side.
i1WwgdsvDYC74.png

~Status Updates~

Promotions:
Congrats to @Angelimar on his promotion to Artist!

Congrats to @foxyyy1 on his promotion to Artisan! Welcome to Staff!

Resignation:
meggawatts is no longer a Valar. For more details concerning this decision, please check the official post here.

~The Community~

Due to changes in organization, MCME now has new Domains for each of the respective servers. These addresses have been listed below:

Build Server - build.mcmiddleearth.com
Freebuild Server - freebuild.mcmiddleearth.com
Teamspeak Server - ts.mcmiddleearth.com

Is there something you think I have been missing on the MCME Times? Be sure to send me a message on the forums if you have ideas for things that you think should be included in the next edition. This could be a new section, or simply a community highlight that you think deserves attention because unless you speak up, I wont know to add it.

@q220 announced a new Management Structure to the community HERE. This update in the way that MCME works looks to improve the rank duties as well as the workflow as a whole while introducing new systems such as auditing to the community projects. Keep an eye out for these changes in the future.

@Shmattins and @BevsForBros (as well as many others) are working hard to take out the last few bugs of the Adventure Map. Keep watching THIS thread to see progress updates and how the crew is doing when it comes to getting this amazing project out the door. There will likely be an official announcement once the map is released to the MCME community and the general public.

If you are interested in developing texture Resources for MCME, be sure to give it a try and submit your results on Github. Best case scenario, they get incorporated into the official MCME Resourcepacks for future use. A full list of item textures can be found HERE if you are wandering what needs to be retextured.

~Ranger Tours~

Working on this still

~Meet the Staff~

Name: BigJeyEm

Country of Origin: Germany

Current Rank Held: Foreman

How did you find out about MCME and when did you join?

I joined in July 2012 after stumbling over the old website while looking for LotR stuff to build in my singleplayer world. From that day on, I never played Singleplayer / Survival again.

What was it like when you were a thrall/commoner (droog/member)? Any nostalgic moments?

The time of riverdigs and desert covering was already over in 2012, and I’m not sure if I should be glad or sad that I missed out on those. But I was very lucky to join just a few days before the big Shire revamp started, so I was one of the last Droogs to get a tour through all the old towns and villages all the way to Rivendell! The large Revamp that went on for many weeks kept the server busy, but with the newly introduced Builder (now Artist) rank there wasn’t much to do for Droogs and Members. So I was trying to get Builder as soon as possible, and my wish came true due to a series of fortunate circumstances.

What was the first staff rank you got? Why did you apply/shoot for that rank in particular?

My first step towards a staff rank was actually taking part in every single major MCME project as Builder. I got to help with terrain (the infamous Shire terrain fix or the old Weather Hills) as well as all the different building / architectural or ruining jobs. I quickly noticed that I am not the most creative guy, but I really like working on something together with other people, so foreman was the rank I aimed for!

Is there any type of architecture or server job that you enjoy working on the most? Why?

As a foreman, I don’t usually get involved with the architectural research that is done for new projects. But while I was still Artist, I liked working in Rohan the most. Building stuff with wood just fits my style best.

When it comes to leading jobs, I don’t have any preferences. All of them are fun and enjoyable, for a while at least - if you find yourself running the 27th marsh digging job in a row, even a simple grassing job is a welcome opportunity to do something else for a while.

What is your favorite thing about MCME?

It’s a combination of many things that keeps me addicted to MCME. I got bored of Minecraft itself after a few months of playing, but I never had that feeling when being on our server. It’s the “common goal” that we are all working towards to that keeps this community and this server alive and I’m proud to be a part of it! Also, the people are the most awesome online community I’ve ever met. You can come on TS drunk on a Friday night and you’ll always find a channel with a ton of people ;-)

Do you have any other hobbies outside of MCME (besides MC and gaming)?

Besides MC and gaming? Well, university keeps me kind of busy, especially during exam periods… In addition to that, I am almost a professional Volleyball player (one league higher is where they start getting paid). That’s also the reason why I often miss out on the Saturday night fun stuff, because I’m usually on the road somewhere in Germany with my team...​

~Closing Statement~

A lot of changes were made this week for the long term better. With changes in server management and previously on hold projects opening up, a lot of progress and noticeable difference can be expected for the server in the upcoming weeks and months.

"It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad."
- C.S. Lewis​

Last edited:
Awesome quote from Lewis. Is it possible to include weekly birthdays in the future? Minas Tirith rules!!!

Awesome quote from Lewis. Is it possible to include weekly birthdays in the future? Minas Tirith rules!!!
Good idea, however, it is difficult to go through all of the forums members every week and list all of the birthdays just because not all members are active members/contributors to the community. It wouldnt really make sense to wish "Person X" happy birthday if they no longer participate on MCME..

Good idea, however, it is difficult to go through all of the forums members every week and list all of the birthdays just because not all members are active members/contributors to the community. It wouldnt really make sense to wish "Person X" happy birthday if they no longer participate on MCME..
Ok, that makes sense, never thought about that, that was a fast response

How does one do to compete for screenshot of the week?
Good question! I simply go through the screenshot section of the forums and pick one, less of a competition, more of me just finding a random highlight from the week. You can also submit them via the media section.

Just seeing that C.S. Lewis quote reminded me of a fun little fact that I learned about him and Tolkien. Sorry if it seems random but, Toliken and Lewis were good friends as they were both teaching at Oxford at the same time. Lewis was also in Tolkien's book club where they shared their works with each other for criticism. It was here that Tolkien read the beginnings of "The Lord of the Rings." And they also had Trench Fever at around the same time if not together. Anyway, I thought it was interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.