• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Sunday Times~ [05/11/14]

Is the weekly MCME Times...

• Getting Better

Votes: 38 65.5%
  • Staying the Same

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • Getting Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@findekano which high ranking people have't read Tolkien's books (not because it matters, I just want to pester them to read the books:p).

My 2 cents on the whitelist removal:
Obviously, this is a significant event, although I don't think it's especially problematic. I would think (no verified facts here) that the whitelist was originally enabled when the server was very new, as there were probably no sophisticated anti-griefing plugins. However, we now have WorldGuard and Hawkeye, so it is significantly easier to enforce anti-griefing rules.
I agree that the whitelist somewhat ensures dedication to the server, but it was not super effective. Think about how many people (around 10,000 I think) bothered to fill out the application only to play on the server one or two times and leave. That said, I'm not criticizing the whitelist application, and there was no problem with it, but only stating what happened. With the whitelist removal, the "average dedication" among new players may decrease, but, in my opinion, it will by no means be detrimental to the server as a whole.

Besides, we'll spread our awesomeness to more people:D

Anyone think this may cause the maximum amount of players online at once to increase? I mean, eighty is plenty, but now that 'the floodgates are open' you never know...

i seem to remember that the player limit was always the same (since I joined), even when we expected increases
with the exception of build days, like helms deep and edoras (forgive me, i can't think of a more recent one)

I'm guessing whitelisting was removed to further the number of droogs online and to promote the server even more?
At least Commoner requires actual effort.

Bring on the Tolkien noobs..... lol
We need to teach them so much lore, and pronounciations and of course the fact that some of the iconic film moments never happened in Tolkien's Legendarium.... lol, the Rangers are going to have a handful... lol :D

Just the Rangers? The legion of Lore-masters has a new purpose!

New Rangers and Bounders need to be promoted to handle it
So far we have had very few problems when it comes to an influx of new players. Although many new people are joining, it is at a fairly slow rate, so it is very manageable. However, If the time comes when there's a massive influx (I.E. A new Jesse cox video or showcase) we will handle the situation accordingly.

I apologize for the delay on this weeks issue. It will be up as soon as Q moves it to the correct forums

Status
Not open for further replies.