• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Sunday Times~ [05/18/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
qZRemZY.png

~05/18/2014~

~Update~

Its that time of the week again for the wonderful MCME Times. Like usual, there are plenty of project and community related updates for me to share with the lot of you. My focus this time around is looking for places to improve the Times experience by making it more enjoyable and entertaining for everyone who reads, so be sure to leave your feedback below. Otherwise, sit back, relax, grab a handful of Swedish Fish, and enjoy the Seventh Edition of the MCME Times.

~Projects~

jbvjMFSksyKyJw.jpg

jLcsjrsTSemBh.png

• Minas Tirith (In Progress): We need a lot of houses still for the White City so be sure to check out the forums post HERE. Teams are continuing to build in the Pink Palace competition to secure their build as the official citadel. The wall and gate are coming along great!
  • Osgiliath (In Progress): @wodleth is continuing to work on the rich district of Osgiliath, if you would like to build a house for him, be sure to ask or check his project post.
  • Cair Andros (In Progress): @Thatruben and @freshmilkymilk are still working on mapping out and finishing the rest of Cair Andros so watch them go
  • Ithilien (In Progress): Terrain is being set up and concepts are being created. Be sure to check out the Culumalda Tree Build currently going on by checking the forums post as these will be used as future stencils for the project.
  • Pelennor Fields (Done)
  • Gondorian Villages (Done)
~Screenshot of the Week~

This week features a screenshot from the infamous @MrScarface981 who took a great pic of Hobbiton a while back and I thought I would feature it here
5H0pi81.png

~Status Updates~

Promotions:

@Shenjtor was promoted to Ranger!

@Ben92SWE , @ScoobyDeezy , @oth0116 , and @Jetfire301 were all promoted to Artist!
Resignation:

Bocklebee resigned from Bounder

~The Community~

The Adventure Map Fable of the Five Wizards has been officially released to the public so be sure to check this out and play it for sure! A lot of hard work and effort was put into this on the part of the community and it definitely payed off in the end as the product is amazing. Check out the forums post HERE for more information on how to download and play the great adventure.

Q220 is planning on Upgrading the Infrastructure of the server, stay tuned for an update and do not panic if for some reason you cant get on the server for a day. So check the forums regularly.

@SugarKoala will be starting her very own "~Weekly Ranger News~" which will be released every Monday. This news letter will be very different from the MCME Times, consider it the gossip column of the newspaper that gives you all of the little ins and outs of the server that you may or may not know about on a more personal level. We all look forward to reading this in the future.

MCME no longer uses a Whitelisting system!

What do you think of the MCME Times? I am really looking for ways to make the Times more interesting and exciting for everyone that reads it. If you have some fun new ideas that are not terrible hard to implement, please let me know by either posting below or PMing me on the forums.

Have you seen the Builder School? This is a great place to learn about the MCME style of building and how to improve your building style and creative output by observing simple techniques and ways of looking at a build. For more information, check out the thread HERE or do "/warp builderschool" on the freebuild server.

Lizzy (@SugarKoala ) recently updated the item texture list HERE for those interested in developing texture Resources for MCME, be sure to give it a try and submit your results on Github. Best case scenario, they get incorporated into the official MCME Resourcepacks for future use.

~Ranger Tours~

@Shenjtor will be doing a tour of The Path of the Fellowship on Wednesday May 21st at 5:30pm American Eastern Standard Time. Be sure to join in on this if you want to learn more about the lore of the shire and the MCME creations that it is composed. Or just because you have nothing better to do.

~Meet the Staff~

Name: Wollip666

Age (optional): 18

Country of Origin: Australia

Current Rank Held: Steward

How did you find out about MCME and when did you join?

Bored one night back in 2011, had just gotten into minecraft and was reading LOTR at the time (again) and thought I’d have look for some server. I found a pre-Jesse Cox video on youtube and was like, “Dayum, I want in!” So I applied on the 15th of June 2011, but never got my whitelist confirmation email -.- One day I just decided to see if it would work if I just typed in the IP and joined. It did, and I’ve been here ever since.

What was it like when you were a thrall/commoner (droog/member)? Any nostalgic moments?

Don’t remember much of my Droog life, only that I did a heap of jobs for Fro and Tryfor. Then I got Oathbreaker… Oops. After 2 months I was promoted straight to Member. I have way too many nostalgic moments to list, but the best of the old days, were chilling with Tryfor, Oronwe and Credoo (yes he was a droog once too) building random ass junk in the old freebuild plots on the build server.

What was the first staff rank you got? Why did you apply/shoot for that rank in particular?

Technically the first rank I got was Architect cause Homie made a mistake when promoting me to Foreman. I didn’t apply for the rank, I was just asked whether I wanted to do it or not. So I held that rank for about 18 months, until Ryan came online one day and held a stupid (fantastic, sorry Ryan) little ceremony to promote me to the rank I am now, Steward.

Is there any type of architecture or server job that you enjoy working on the most? Why?

I love working with Dwarf architecture as well as Mordor/Orc stuff. I’m not much of a massive terrain worker, gets boring quickly. Gondor is also pretty great too I guess :p

What is your favorite thing about MCME?

The Community without a second thought. Sure we have our odd problem people, but everyone on here is like family and I’m so glad to have found this server just for the amazing people and community that comes with it.

Do you have any other hobbies outside of MCME (besides MC and gaming)?

As a few (maybe more than a few) know, I am a dedicated musician. I spend majority of my offline time promoting, selling merch, emailing, ringing venues and all the stuff that comes with being in a band. Being paid to do your hobby is the greatest thing in the world (hint to the valar ;) a six figure salary would be nice guys.) Apart from that, I’m also studying Ancient History and Archaeology at the best University in Australia (suck it Iru huehuehuehueuhe), and have a few part time jobs on the side. So yea. Thats me. The Pillow.

~Closing Statement~

With all of the continued progress that this server is witnessed, I thought I would leave you all with some personal closing statements that have less to do with the direct events of this week and more about the server as a whole.

First of all, if you ever have a concern, comment, or question about a given project or how the server works, never hesitate to ask. Too often do people sit on their little problems and let them combine to form a frustration that could have been completely avoided. Hence, I encourage everyone to always contribute on projects and other discussions because the worst that can happen is that you learn from your misconception and move on! Never hesitate to speak your mind.

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."

-Audrey Hepburn​

Last edited:
You probably shouldn't get on this topic again, @spike010 . We discussed it on the last mcme times, and there's also a thread for it. You can post your thoughts in that thread:)

What about making the texture packs with connected textures, as well as biome specific textures. This would surely take a lot of time and effort, but i think it is acually 100% worth it. Take Conquest for example. you could also use the stick plugin ravand.org uses.

What about making the texture packs with connected textures, as well as biome specific textures. This would surely take a lot of time and effort, but i think it is acually 100% worth it. Take Conquest for example. you could also use the stick plugin ravand.org uses.
Hmmm....I'm not an expert in the world of texturing, but I'm pretty sure that's impossible without alot of modding :confused:....

You cant make biome specific textures in vanilla, you can only change the colour of vegetation.

starting her very own "~Weekly Ranger News~" which will be released every Monday.
Bit of a miscommunication here, (Rangers get secret news muahaha) but I do plan on perhaps starting closer to summer perhaps a Weekly News on potential Summer Events which Rangers will be getting involved. Or maybe even a monthly overview on general forum happenings.

ANYWAY. Shame on the delay. But once again a fantastic round up on server happenings Inferno. You're doing a great job c:

Status
Not open for further replies.