• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Sunday Times~ [06/08/14]

Which format was easier to read?

• Everything Centered

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • Everything to the Left

Votes: 32 58.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should do body text to the left, title text centered (how I always write, maybe a bit of bias involved, but I can't tell when I'm biased or not)

Nothing is wrong with getting an eye-patch.
Everything is wrong with people who look at people wrong because of an eye-patch.
I mean, pirates get away with it, and they pillage and plunder, unlike our friend @iSMiTHz .
Just because I want to say it, did you know that pirates wore eye patches because it would improve their night vision in one eye? When they needed to fight below decks, they'd switch the eye-patch to the other eye, and they could see better. Most pirates with eye-patches, just to finish it off, had eyes.

Last edited:
Just because I want to say it, did you know that pirates wore eye patches because it would improve their night vision in one eye? When they needed to fight below decks, they'd switch the eye-patch to the other eye, and they could see better. Most pirates with eye-patches, just to finish it off, had eyes.

IIRC, the tactic does not appear in any naval combat manual or historical account of the era.

Who would want to lose depth vision as a pirate? And the only thing that improves dark adaptation is carrots since the conversion of activated rodopsine happens faster. So you can call the person who told you that myth, a liar. Nice pub story though!

Who would want to lose depth vision as a pirate? And the only thing that improves dark adaptation is carrots since the conversion of activated rodopsine happens faster. So you can call the person who told you that myth, a liar. Nice pub story though!
Mister will. When you walk into a dark room from a bright one you can't see shit, your eyes have to get adjusted to the dark. However, if you were to have a eyepatch on one it would already be adjusted to the dark so you could skip that 10-30 seconds of being blind in the dark by taking of that eyepatch. That's why the myth seemed plausible and was probably formed, because it would actually work.
Though as you pointed you do lose depth perception which isn't a good trade off.

Status
Not open for further replies.