• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ [01/07/18] Announcments

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Hey guys! As usual, we need donations to keep the server running, so please help out if you can!
https://www.mcmiddleearth.com/donate/community-costs.1/campaign

Our Donors
Here are this week's latest donors. Good work guys! #MCMEdoesnotrunitself:

A NEW LINK?
Our beloved q220 has now given us an amazing new command… *drumroll* /link, it links your forums account, discord account, and Ingame account together, so you are the same rank on all three platforms!
Nicely done Q, thanks for fixing all our rank problems haha :D

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by superlolster

Well, these last few weeks have seen the introduction of two, yes two new ranks to MCME, the ‘Assistant’ and the ‘Lead Builder’ ranks.

Assistant Superlolster: Well I can’t really write anything about myself can I, I don’t want to seem too egotistical, but I guess congrats super? promotion

Assistant Lizzy_: Another promotion to the rank of Assistant is lizzy, she has returned after an ‘extended break’ from MCME to help us all out, thank goodness the docs queen has returned :p But on a serious note congrats liz we know you are going to benefit MCME greatly :Dpromotion

Assistant TotiGonzales: Another one *DJ KHALID* (Sorry couldn’t help it), yep that’s right another Assistant here to assist the whole of MCME in the Media department is Toti! Grats TotiWoti! *BWOT here: his work is spectacular and I cannot wait to share it with the rest of you! promotion

Assistant Arkengarde: And last, but definitely not least is one of our beloved Guides, Ark, who left the ranks of teal to help good old Mandolore out. Congrats Ark, we know you will do a great job! promotion

Lead Builder Lindolas: Another rank I see? Yes, this is the lead builder rank, and they got given the best color ever, Pink! Lindo has been promoted to Lead Builder, because well, his builds speak for themselves really, he is a very very talented builder, who will benefit MCME greatly in the weeks and months to come. Grats Lindo! promotion

Lead Builder QuantaCube: It wouldn’t be a “building” rank without Quanta now would it? Quanta is an incredible builder who has left the light blue’s for the light pinks? Yes light pink or in Minecraft colours &d, anyways, congrats Quantum physics! promotion

Lead Builder Thijs1801: And last, but by no means least, promoted to the rank of Lead Builder is our beloved leader of Lag..I mean Dol Amroth, congrats Thijs, have fun being pink, unlike the assistants who are stuck as yellow -,-. promotion

(Quick disclaimer, there was no pink colour available for the Lead builders, so just ignore that they are black )

Dallen is also back in the developer team, after an ‘extended break’ we cannot wait to see what development wonders you will bring to MCME!

~ Interviews ~
Now as it is custom we have two interviews; the “First Impressions Interview” and the “Meet the Regulars Interview”. I (super) will be interviewing a new adventurer about their experience on MCME and I will be interviewing our regular. Our regular in this edition is one of our newer artists, but he is one of my favourite players on MCME, its…@Oberanio!
Interview with @Oberanio

1. How did you find MCME?
I found out about mcme after Keralis uploaded his video about the server. I didnt watch much of the video (but i was blessed to hear ark sing) because I felt that I needed to go and watch and explore this epic world myself.

Superlolster: Ewwww, you’re one of the ‘Keralis players’ how rude of you :p

2. What was your experience like as an Adventurer?
When I first joined i got a warm welcome and instantly thought that this was a good community if that many people stopped exploring/building just to welcome me. I then asked for a tour, and the amazing guide Lord_Rafox (Raffy) toured me around Lothlorien. I was amazed about how amazing not only the builds were, but the community in general. I spended my adventurer days exploring or helping in jobs (many farm jobs by bart lol) while getting to know more and more amazing people.

Superlolster: You forgot how hard I made you work on those theme-builds ;(

3. What made you want to become an Artist?
After that tour by raffy I had my mind set on becoming an artist to be a part of this amazing community as well as building more for others to explore and enjoy. (yes you can all thank raffy lol, without that tour I would probably not be here). I applied quickly for artist because in my eyes it could go 2 ways, either I could get accepted or I could get tips for improvement by really talented builders. A win-win situation in my eyes :)

4. What do you like most about being an Artist?
What I like the most about being an artist is the ability to build together with other builders. I think its an awesome way of doing things where you get progress while also bonding with other players. I also love how everybody helps each other. On my first project (a farm) i got help from nic, slowlex, bart, eriol and Lindolas (and maybe even more). They all taught me different things which I’ve kept in mind building other things. You can always ask other to tp and check something out, and usually you get tips for improvement to make you a better builder.

Superlolster: And maybe even more… you mean yours truly right (Moi)?

5. Where is your favourite place on MCME?
have a lot of places that I absolutely love on MCME like dol amroth, lostfalls, moria and minas tirith, but funnily enough my number one place on mcme is actually....drumroll langstaed. It’s a cozy village south in Gondor that in my eyes is just beautiful. Boats, a dock, houses and a castle on the hill, that's it, but it’s amazing.

6. Who is your favourite character in LOTR or the Hobbit?
My favorite character is (as quite a lot of you know I believe) Gimli. Dwarves in general is my favorite species in middle earth and in some aspects remind me of a bit of vikings which I love. And Gimli is just amazing. «Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?» Other characters I really liked was aragorn (loved his battle style) gandalf (magiiic) and legolas (10/10 would love to have that aim)

First Impressions Interview
By superlolster

Here is another interview with a new player to gain their perspective on the server. New players are just as important as our eldest players, so getting to know them is crucial! This week, we’re interviewing a new player, hence the title, its @MusicPhoenix20

Question 1. How did you find MCME?
I joined at a friends suggestion.

Superlolster: Nice :D

Question 2: What were your impressions of the community on the server when you first joined?
I was highly impressed by the quality of the buildings and the beauty of hobbiton. This is my favourite server by far

Superlolster: Glad to hear that :D

Question 3: What was your impression of our finished projects; Minas Tirith and the Shire?
I am very impressed by the shear size and detail of the projects, especially Minas Tirith.

Question 4: What was your impression of our current projects such as Dol Amroth and Moria?
Again, similar to my answer to question three, these projects are huge! The scale and detail blows my mind away and I was shocked when I saw Moria for the first time

Thank you again @MusicPhoenix20 !

~ Winners of The Week ~
So we got some good ones as always. Make sure you show some special recognition towards the winners of the week! They’ve presented exemplary displays of our server’s creative potential! Give a hand to these winners!

MEDIA OF THE WEEK:
This edition, I (Sam) have chosen the amazing @AlleKarlHD for Media of the Week!​

Rbix1ji02UTvVd6EjW-2hU22xDmzonjtPrUzANhp3Sbyp20RD8lrc0OaKJBfyETBRVTEaSNh4pc8xEhLtFXg4LQIYZELDMbOtLHv0AYjGe5UsgZ21Q2GnrIS9mxqi6iQY5-vN6UZ

Looks amazing @AlleKarlHD great job!​

THEME-BUILD OF THE WEEK:
This edition, I (super) have another two winners, ye were back to two thank Eru. One for last weeks theme,House of Tulkas and this weeks theme FFA mansion. So here we go, our first winner is *pauses for dramatic effect* is no one ? Yep, thats right, I don’t know if I was totally blind but when I went to look for The House of Tulkas winner I could not find any that were winner worthy, many were incomplete and rather basic. If you did have an amazing one then I’m sorry I couldn’t see it

And our second winner, the winner of the FFA mansion theme goes to @PhoenixGaming108. His Mansion was well, amazing, his use of colours and blocks was very interesting and he had an overall amazing build, great job! Now there were many which I did like so everyone should go check these theme-builds out!
Gc6KunLVeNmA3EXpR3fPuA0tDrM7sU0UuOPvYAjLI3v9bfpRrR87WxGqMsw6aCCcUQ1ekUiFk5eljTFi2joJANFnlAG38RwHdr1i1Z5Je_JJ2zp895fSNQ6UXuOEkQLsqkKqL8AH

FREEBUILD OF THE WEEK:
By Raffy

Less work for me this week :p However, this week, the once in a lifetime award goes to….. @trobolos!!!! Trob built a massive rocket which, well, is nothing short of spectacular! Awesome job Trobolos!!!!​

9nM_tw7XGo9zYmirnoRwmZD8nqDB2Q0dtfsfglJ1LjdJEe_no4RoumZNl_r6pRm2AypJRFy3wPSY2NW0l1Ey42QiTzfgNTvlGHnD5cA1qayEfstUrl9krL95iE85wGjg_uXQn8NC

~ Upcoming ~
Themed Build
Theme: FFA Docks
Resource Pack: Any resource pack
Duration: 1 week
Link: #23/18 - [FFA] Docks

~ Lore of the Week ~
Oldest Elf of Middle-earth
The first Elves awakened at the lake of Cuiviénien at least 17,000 years before the War of the Ring. Maybe there are still some of those first elves in the far East of Middle-earth but as there are no tales about them. So let’s have a look at the known elves of the West of Middle-earth.
Elrond was born in First Age 532 as son of Earendil and Elwing after the Fall of Doriath. So at the war of the Ring he is 6,512 years old but by far not the oldest elf in Middle-earth.
Galadriel was born in Valinor during the Year of the Trees 1362. Those years were (probably about ten times of our Years of the Sun). Her grandfather Finwe was also great-great-great-grandfather of Elrond. At the time of the War of the Ring Galadriel was about 13,400 years old but he is still not the oldest known elf of Middle-earth.
Cirdan of the Grey Havens was a kinsman of Elwe and Olwe who led the Teléri on the Great March from Cuiviénien to Beleriand (and later to Valinor). Cirdan was a lord in Elwe’s host. There is date of birth given in the tales but he was probably born in Cuiviénien before the march began. This means that at the time of the War of the Ring he is about 16,000 years old. He is also regarded as the wisest and most foresighted elf of middle-earth.
Note: Length of the Years of the Trees are unsure and there are contradictory writings of Tolkien, I calculated my dates using the Annals of Aman and the Grey Annals and used as an approximation 10 Years of the Sun for 1 Year of the Trees, a more exact value would be 9 years, 212 days, 18 hours :p

~ More Media ~

Howdy folks, just want to let you guys know that we do have multiple platforms that represent MCME. One of those being Twitter! If you have an account, make sure to follow MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter for some additional content revolving around the community!

For those of you without Twitter, fear not!!! We are also represented on Facebook! Like us here: https://www.facebook.com/mcmeproject/

Now, make sure you give us a diamond on Planet Minecraft! The more popular this thing is, the more help we receive :)Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ Advertisements ~
Artist
Building is one of the fundamental parts of Minecraft Middle Earth, and it is done by the amazing Artists on the server. Many times we are asked how can I build and we have an answer for you: Become an Artist! Working on all the new projects with Designers and Foremen while furthering your building skills in this community is something all Artists get to take part in!
Does this sound like something that you would like to do? You can apply for Artist/ today on the forums! The Designers and current Artists will work with you and help you on your journey.

Guide
You’ve joined MCME but you really couldn’t care less about building? But how can one do something different on a build server? Become a Guide! There are many things other than building that help the server and one of those things is guiding people:
As a guide, you are the face of MCME! Without the rank of guide, we don’t attract nearly as many new players and those responsibilities are shifted onto busier shoulders. We are here to keep people interested and make MCME as fun as possible without distracting the focus of the server. Think that sounds like something you would want to do?
Just click Guide and apply today!

~ Closing Statement ~

Well thanks again Times Team for the hard work you put into this one!
We have so much coming I hope you are all excited like I am. Summer Events are basically all ready to hit the show and by what I have seen they are going to be a lot of fun.
Get some sleep, relax, drink a couple of beers because I’m letting you know now, I want 110% effort in building during the later part of this month. See you in two weeks!
Lots of love BWOT <3
But here’s a word from our source of inspiration and reference: J.R.R. Tolkien himself:

“Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.”

DUk3FIoI-VUdxfWLdvLE9ms8olF5CSTrGAWV3nNBhFmu2n1_dPmOzJ8JjhfHM1938FcEOSw0p3DUc7Sru5ROO1tPayyWayCvq85LqKW3-hvfw0CoTrgsVj3vHkfMlsEgCZ1zzLxW

bdwN2lWbGlCt5SE3oXXw-46LbeF-pYQiwdCC8JHXrk03UnbpXznmUwgHlPqwe0gw-TfxI34C9LM9STXVXj81c8sLoLsUn_0N4c1TcBhkpc1VyPAv2MZKqZCdgTMp-4CsbaEbDl4g

The Official MCME Times
mcmiddleearth.com​

Last edited: