• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~[02/23/2020]

Love is in the air!

MCME is the only true love!

OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by Soarz

It may be passed valentines day but that doesn't mean we can just love something for one day. MCME has a special place in all of our hearts especially those who have been here for a while. We can see all those who have brought us this far, and the things that we have achieved and know that this was not just a solo effort, but of a community and one that has one drive and passion, and that is the singular love for Middle Earth. This edition will be a bit smaller as we transition our projects and move forward with the new 1.14 patch. So not to keep you waiting any longer, lets dive right on into this weeks edition of the MCME TIMES!!!

~ Project Progress ~

Anorien - Lead: @Oberanio | In Progress

Report by Soarz

Most of the derps in Anorien have been located and eradicated off the face of MCME. With this being close we are waiting for the textures, and with that we will move head first into more build projects.

Anorien 100.png

Andrast - Lead: @jacenpeter | In Progress

Report by Soarz

Yup, its back and better then ever. They glorious Andrast terrain is going to start its building, so try and look out for any jobs that will allow you to help with they beauty that is middle earth.

Andrast 100.png

Lond Daer – Lead: @Ivan1pl | In Progress

Report by Soarz

All the planning in this region has slowed down a lot over the past weeks. Ivan has started working on the Eriador Pack update, in hopes to start official building soon.

Lond_Daer 100.png

Osgiliath – Lead: @ooitsbirdo | In progress

Report by Foolhardyfiish

Much like the previous update, work continues on the Main Camp. LeBlancGandalf is still at the helm and under his guidance, his droogs are making substantial progress. In addition, later this coming week I will begin adding trees to this final section, hopefully bringing us closer to completion.

Osgiliath 1.png

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor

Keeping MCME running is not free, every month we have to pay $235 to keep up all our work. Donations help us keep doing what we love and providing you with amazing builds to look at. Donations are not required but greatly accepted, if you want to help us in our feat of rebuilding Middle Earth in Minecraft you can donate here.

Viewing Donation Drive: Community Costs

Our Donors

• theace001

#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

#News

New Theme-Build:

This weeks theme is Ilmarin, this is a great opportunity to add on to your artist application or just have fun with, happy building. :)
Click here for more information!

Reference: Ilmarin - Tolkien Gateway
Resourcepack: Gondor - /rp g
Custom inventory: /inv b rp:g
Apply For Artist!

Mordor Sneak Peek:

While Mordor is on hold how could we pass up sharing a bit of the builds that are being done within those mountains.

Mordor 100.png

~ Rank Updates ~

Report by Monster_Duck

TeamPalladian: MCME will miss TeamPalladian :(. He was an amazing artist and great foreman. He sadly had to turn his focus toward schooling and stepped down from the rank of foreman. Don’t be a stranger Palladian; we hope to see you around Middle Earth.
Resignation

LeBruhGandalf: Congrats to Gandalf for making it to the rank of designer! Hope to see some great builds coming from you.
Promotion

_Lord_Of_Squids_: MCME is losing one of its best guides. We are happy for the fun times MCME could have with you. Whether you were guiding the node tour or running a game of hide and seek, you always managed to stay bright and happy. We hope to see you back wandering around your favorite city, Pelargir, soon.
Resignation

~ Interviews ~

Interview with @Oodz

Question 1. How did you find MCME?

I found a video about it when I was browsing the interwebs.

Question 2. What is the most impressive MCME build in your opinion?

Probably Minas Tirith because it's just so cool and interesting.

Question 3. What’s your favorite place on MCME?

I love Belfalas’ amazing countryside and scenery

Question 4. Who did you first interact with as an Adventurer?

I don't much remember the players , but one of them was Creeperpig0

Question 5. How were your first few days on MCME?

First days were nice. I explored and helped other new players

Question 6. What is the funniest thing that's happened to you while on MCME?

So when I joined the very first time, I spawned in that quiz cave. Someone was standing on top of one of those pressure plates that showed the next question. I couldn't continue to the next question, so I left and said that the server was bad :D I rejoined after about a month and that's where it all started.

Interviewer: wazowskithewhite

~ Winners of the Fortnight ~

This week we have another round of amazing builds and Media posts. We only choose from the best every time, so hard work does pay off. Sometimes it can get competitive and that is what will win a place here. Please give a warm welcome to this Times, winners of this week.

MEDIA Winners:

tgHPUzq.png

I have been naughty, because I did not select a handful of screenshots this week as usual. Instead I selected a total of seventeen screenshots. Partly out of laziness because I couldn’t decide which one was better, but more so because I realized every screenshot would have been the best by far, just one year ago. The quality of screenshots is rapidly improving, as is the number of people that can take them. The content of new photographers like Mershy and Lacotax excites me and makes me wonder what will come.

THEME-BUILD Winners

Sdx9Tha.png

Great theme-builds this fortnight, showing great potential! I was excited to see the use of village structures consisting of overlapping boxes. That works amazingly with the flat-roofed Harad houses.
Congratulations to JustTheo for winning this week’s selection. It was a close call with other theme-builds like Norirs, Gizids and Lost_Souls’.

~ Lore of the Week ~

Elves and Rebirth:

Elves, being immortal beings, are bound to Arda until its end. Their Fëar is always linked to the lifetime of Arda, never being allowed to leave it till its end. When an elf dies their Fëar is separated from their hröa and they receive summons to go to the halls of Mandos in Aman.

If an Elf chooses to accept these summons they will dwell within these halls for however long they feel is necessary. The purpose of this waiting is for an elf to come to terms with all they have done in life and accept any guilts or regrets they may hold. This can be a very quick process or could also take many many years. Once an elf has properly accepted their life and all that came with it, they're offered the chance at rebirth and a second life. Again, this is a choice for an elf and they may accept or decline this offer. Upon acceptance, the elf’s Fëa will be housed within an infant body and be birthed naturally by a random parent, and quite often from a random kin. What this means is if a Noldo chooses rebirth he or she may be birthed by a parent of the Vanyar or Teleri. This is to avoid an unnatural second birth from the same kin of the elf. Once the elf is born again, they do not have their memories of their former life and grow with their new parents and are nourished by them. Gradually though, their memories do return to them, usually once they have reached maturity. After rebirth, an elf is given the freedoms to do with their life as they wished, but is forbidden from travelling back to Middle Earth, unless given specific instructions to do so.

If an Elf refused these summons after death, they became what is known as “the unbodied”. They are cursed with wandering the world as spirits for the rest of time either through self exile, self pity or regret. Some are filled with bitterness, grievance, and envy. Some were enslaved by the Dark Lord and do his work still, though he himself is gone. They will not speak truth or wisdom. The most evil of these spirits may try to unlawfully take new bodies however there has never been such a recorded case.

The Eldar say that more than one re-birth is seldom recorded. But the reasons for this they do not fully know. Maybe, it is so ordered by the will of Eru; while the Re-born (they say) are stronger, having greater mastery of their bodies and being more patient of griefs. But many, doubtless, that have twice died would not wish to be reborn a second time.

~ Question of the Week ~

This Week's Question:{Question}

What is Tolkien's view on what happened to the Entwives?

Question: {Question}

Who was the doorward of Meduseld/captain of the king’s guard, and how did he die?

Bonus Question: What legendary sword did he almost get to hold?

Correct Answer: {Answer}

Háma, who was killed before the great gate of the Hornburg, and subsequently hacked to pieces by Uruks.

Bonus answer: He almost held Anduril

Unfortunately there was no winner for last week's question. Look out for this weeks and try and answer!

Presented by: Arothir Alamáreo

~ More Media ~

You know us, we love sharing our progress and Twitter is the perfect place. Give us a good follow and always have something to look forward to on your daily scroll. Just to spice it up, comment your favorite parts of our builds at

MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter . You won't be disappointed!

Sometimes you just want to enjoy some quality pictures, we got you covered. Head on over to our Facebook account, try following us there too Minecraft Middle-Earth

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ New players ~
Howdy there new players of MCME, i hope this has found you well. When you first start it can be quite confusing and that is why we are here to help. There are many resources at your disposal. Below are a few links that will take you directly to the sources that can answer your questions and more. Furthermore, if that is any questions that you need answered that you cant find here don't hesitate to ask a member of our community.

To Connect/Run the server Click HERE
For our Terms of Service and Rules Click HERE
For our Ranks and Duties Click HERE

~ Advertisements ~

Artist

Ahh yes. We all know the question. “How can I build?", As well as the responses “You can try a theme build” and “You can take part in jobs." The other answer is “Apply for Artist”, and the last option is by far the most exciting. Being able to build in your favourite places all the time. Sounds awesome. We can never have enough Artists, and with a wide range of current projects, there’s plenty for you to do!
Are you inspired to join MCME’s main build rank? You can apply for Artist/ today on the forums! The Managers, Designers and current Artists will work with you and help you on your journey.

Guide

Or perhaps, you’re not a builder. Well. That’s not a problem! Becoming A guide is obviously the better option anyway. As a Guide, you’re the forefront of MCME, and there’s no greater feeling than when someone says your tour was awesome. You don’t actually have to be a lore nerd either, you’ll pick up on lots really quickly.
When you join the Guides, you’ll be giving tours, running minigames and testing players in lore quizzes, or if you prefer less “on the spot” stuff, Guidebooks are obviously your zen, or helping to tell MCME about MCME by writing up articles in the times. You’ll also plan help plan events such as The Summer Events and The Anniversary Events. We hope you join us soon, because us Guides really would love some more of us. What’re you waiting for?
Just click Guide and apply today!

~ Closing Statement ~

Oof is it that time already, dang i guess we gotta let you go at some point. We hope you enjoyed this weeks times edition and don't forget to like, comment, and yup subscribe.

Great job for the Times Team, who did what they had to do, great job!

Quote from JRRT

“I will not walk backward in life. ”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times

mcmiddleearth.com​

Attachments

• Moria 1.png
    Moria 1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 754
Last edited:
This Week's Question:{Question}

What is Tolkien's view on what happened to the Entwives?

Tolkien wrote in a Letter that the Entwives disappeared for good. However, on a map from 1971 Tolkien wrote by the Sea of Rhun "Here may be the Entwives".

Since you get so many screenshots nowadays maybe you should pick out a top 5 plus honourable mentions instead of just one winner? Although, I guess choosing one winner is hard enough so ranking the top five screenshots would just be too hard to do.

Apologies. Yeah I can lose track after a while, hopefully I haven't made this mistake before, unnoticed.

Since you get so many screenshots nowadays maybe you should pick out a top 5 plus honourable mentions instead of just one winner? Although, I guess choosing one winner is hard enough so ranking the top five screenshots would just be too hard to do.
You said it yourself. I should be harsher. For now I can only say, I haven't been harsh in the upcoming edition yet. Next edition.

Apologies. Yeah I can lose track after a while, hopefully I haven't made this mistake before, unnoticed.

You said it yourself. I should be harsher. For now I can only say, I haven't been harsh in the upcoming edition yet. Next edition.
But... what about all the mediocre screenshotters like myself who also hopes to get a chance to be in The Times?