• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~[03/08/2020]

Shamrock Sunday!

Make a Wish!

OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by Soarz

Dang, has i really been three months already, time flies when your on the best Minecraft server in existence. Every week is a new adventure, or a challenge to take on and we push for the best. In MCME there is always something to do, it doesn't matter if that is building great big things or helping new players around the map, there is always something that you can do. In this weeks edition i urge you to look at all the amazing things people have done and put there love into and try and find something that you would enjoy doing, because if you aren't having fun then it feels more like a job then a passionate hobby. Not to put anymore time away, lets move into March's first edition of the MCME Times.

~ Project Progress ~

Anorien - Lead: @Oberanio | In Progress

Report by Soarz

Textures, textures, textures, is the name of the game over here on this side of the world. Once that is done nothing is standing in our way of completing Anorien, then maybe the world.

Anorien 3.png

Andrast - Lead: @jacenpeter | In Progress

Report by Soarz

Over the mountains there is a field/forest that needs your help, progress is going great over here and projects are moving along smoothly.

Andrast 10.png

Lond Daer – Lead: @Ivan1pl | In Progress

Report by Soarz

Some Intensive work has been put into the completion of the Eriador pack as this is the only thing standing in the way of us starting the building of Lond Daer.

lond daer 23.png

Moria: Fellowship's path – Lead: @DoctorDaom | In progress

Report by Monster_Duck

Halls and shafts are slowly being constructed in Moria. Thanx4Loot is working on a shafthall near the path the Fellowship takes according to the book. Jonatanknalle also traveled to every cave and made sure it had water in it. Good job Jonatan!

Moria 10.png

Osgiliath – Lead: @ooitsbirdo | In progress

Report by FoolhardyFish

Osgiliath is still moving along. The major vegetation is now complete in Section 4 with only trees left to be added. I've started planning in Section 1 with the intention of updating the vegetation there and work will hopefully begin soon, but nothing is set in stone just yet.

Osgiliath 3.png

~ New players ~
Howdy there new players of MCME, i hope this has found you well. When you first start it can be quite confusing and that is why we are here to help. There are many resources at your disposal. Below are a few links that will take you directly to the sources that can answer your questions and more. One of the biggest is "how do i get commoner" well all you need to do is simple, be friendly, helpful, and participate in jobs, events, and fun all around the server and you can get voted on by guide/artists + and with 10 votes you get commoner! Furthermore, if that is any questions that you need answered that you cant find here don't hesitate to ask a member of our community.

To Connect/Run the server Click HERE
For our Terms of Service and Rules Click HERE
For our Ranks and Duties Click HERE
Once you get commoner check HERE
~ Plug-in Development ~

Report by Soarz

MCME server to be 1.15.2

The server while still on version 1.14.4 will now allow 1.15.2 clients to join.

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor

Keeping MCME running is not free, every month we have to pay $235 to keep up all our work. Donations help us keep doing what we love and providing you with amazing builds to look at. Donations are not required but greatly accepted, if you want to help us in our feat of rebuilding Middle Earth in Minecraft you can donate here.

Viewing Donation Drive: Community Costs

Our Donors

• Eriol_Eandur

#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

#NEWS

New Theme-build:

This weeks these build is House of Tulkas. We hope you enjoy your good building and as always the best theme gets picked to be displayed here, so we wish you the best of luck fellow traveler. And dont forget to vote for the next themebuild. For more information click HERE

Reference: House of Tulkas - Tolkien Gateway
Resourcepack: Gondor - /rp g
Custom inventory: /inv b rp:g

How to participate

Use the following instructions to get your Themed Build working:

• Get to the Themed Build area: /theme warp
  • Claim a plot: /theme
  • Go to your plot (after claiming): /theme toplot
  • Reset your plot if you want to start over: /theme resetplot

MCME Podcast:

It's come to be that time again, with this months new edition of the MCME Podcast. We're they will be accopinied by none other then the friendly neighborhood OOITSBIRDO.

For Audio only Version Click HERE
For Video Version Click HERE

To LIKE, COMMENT, AND SUBSCRIBE click HERE

dsfdfsadfassfdafdsa.PNG

Guide of the Month

We shouldn't forget about our best guides of the month now should we. Last month was full of energy and with that came certain guides that pushed further in front of the pack, last month's guide of the month is of course
:GuideMCME:
Ben_the_Epic
:GuideMCME:
. Please make sure to give him a hardy greeting and congratulate him on his amazing guide skills.

~ Rank Updates ~

Report by Soarz

NicovicTheSixth: Purple isn't a bad color on you, and its great to see you back. Its always nice to have great builders and Nic is no exception, and i hope to see you around for a while to come.

Promotion

Monster_Duck: With an amazing trial tour, a new guide has been born. You are looking fresh in that shade of blue, and with how you are looking i don't suspect that will be changing anytime soon.

Promotion

wazowski: It's with great sadness that i have to announce one of our brothers has fallen, hopefully not for good. Real life does come first and you will be missed and don't be a stranger and come say hi every once and a while.

Resignation

Mershy_: You have been doing an amazing job on the server ever since you joined, and with that great trial job it looks like you haven't stopped yet.

Promotion

~ Interviews ~

Text Example

Interview with @Draonic_Slayer

Question 1. How did you find MCME?

I was watching a YouTube video on Minecraft community build projects and it had MCME, seeing it was the most complete and engaging project, I decided to check it out.

Question 2. What is the most impressive MCME build in your opinion?

I would have to say Moria in general. The size of the place is impressive and the amount of detail is outstanding in every location throughout. That and I keep finding areas I have never been in.

Question 3. What’s your favorite place on MCME?

I would have to say around the forests in Gondor, the combination of the more detailed trees and landscape is extremely scenic. Especially around the Mount Monachus area.

Question 4. Who did you first interact with as an Adventurer?

Hmm, hard to remember, but I think I first interacted with Arothir. I was struggling to open one of the many password doors around the map, and he gave me a hint.

Question 5. How were your first few days on MCME?

It was a quite a quiet time on the server and the themed build wasn’t too easy to engage with, so I spent a lot of the time exploring the main world. Following the footsteps of the fellowship all the way across the map, and helping my fellow adventurers.

Question 6. What is the funniest thing that's happened to you while on MCME?

Being in Voice Chat is always quite amusing, with the chaos that goes on. But the funniest thing was probably what happened at Sierra’s trial build, a couple of builders and a lot of chickens, a very weird combination.

Interviewer: wazowskithewhite

~ Winners of the Fortnight ~

This week we have another round of amazing builds and Media posts. We only choose from the best every time, so hard work does pay off. Sometimes it can get competitive and that is what will win a place here. Please give a warm welcome to this Times, winners of this week.

MEDIA Winners:

BxvgnUN.jpg

As Ryttyr mentioned, I should be harsher when selecting the best screenshots of the last two weeks. However, the quality is just so good! You probably already guessed that I’ve made a broad selection this week again.

Congratulations to XMine for winning this fortnight’s selection (once again)! I was excited to see that he took a number of Moria screenshots; Moria screenshots always get a bonus point by me. Mershy took awesome pictures of (nearly) the same level. Gingerly took some nice and simple screenshots. RRe36 spoiled us with his updated shaderpack and Lindo took some interesting screenshots with his custom skybox. All in all a great fortnight; enjoy.

THEME-BUILD Winners

Many builders took a shot at building Ilmarin this week, and I am pleased to say that many of them created some nice buildings. Although many skilled builders attempted to create Ilmarin, Lacotax created the best rendition of this location in Middle Earth.

~ Lore of the Week ~

Of the Dwarven Clans:

The Dwarves, or Khazâd in their own tongue, were beings of short stature, often friendly with Hobbits although long suspicious of Elves. They were typically blacksmiths and stoneworkers by profession, unrivalled in some of their arts even by the Elves, except the Noldor who were considered the greatest craftsmen in Arda.

The Dwarves were broken up into 7 families:

• Longbeards, Durin's Folk, originally from Gundabad
  • Firebeards and Broadbeams, originally from the Blue Mountains
  • Ironfists and Stiffbeards originated in the East
  • Blacklocks and Stonefoots, originated in the East
The Longbeards, often called Durin's Folk, began with Durin the Deathless. They colonised the great halls of Khazad-dûm, the Iron Hills, Ered Mithrin (Grey mountains), Mount Gundabad (Durin’s birthplace) and later in the Third Age; Erebor and Ered Luin (Blue mountains). When men first came across the dwarves of Durin, they reacted with awe and eagerness to learn from them for they were the mightiest and wisest of the 7 clans. The Dwarves of Khazad-dûm also maintained a very strong bond and friendship with the Elves of Eregion, and trading with them heavily. Celebrimbor, Lord of Eregion, even helped create the West Gate of Khazad-dûm drawing elven signs on it in Ithildin and including a star of Fëanor (his grandfather’s symbol). While the dwarves of Khazad-dûm didn't really participate in the wars of the First Age, however they did aid the Elves of Eregion in defending their home and out of love for the Noldor, participated in the War of the Last Alliance.

The Firebeards and Broadbeams, were the dwarven clans that originally inhabited the Great mansions of Nogrod and Belegost in the First Age. They participated heavily in the wars of Beleriand and in the war of Wrath. During the First Age, the dwarves of Nogrod lead an attack on Thingol out of lust for the Nauglamir, a necklace that the elves hired the dwarves to create which bore a Silmaril. However on their return home they were slain by Beren and his army of Green-elves and some ents. It is said this event is what started the great rift between the elves and dwarves, however there are other events earlier that may also prove to be viable. After the destruction of Belegost and Nogrod at the end of the First age, those firebeards and broadbeams that survived travelled to Khazad-dûm, which increased its wealth and power.

Not much is known of the other 4 clans, only that they awoke in the Orocarni mountains (Red Mountains) to the east, near Rhûn. During the Third age, many of the eastern clans left their ancient homes due to the growing power of Sauron and sought refuge in the western lands, where some met Frodo baggins. It is possible that these clans were among the "Houses of other Fathers" who sent troops to help Durin's Folk in the War of the Dwarves and Orcs.

~ Question of the Week ~

This Week's Question:{Question}

How tall was Minas Tirith in fathoms AND in feet.

Bonus: What was Minas Tirith’s previous name

Question:

What is Tolkien's view on what happened to the Entwives?

Correct Answer:

Tolkien wrote "I think that in fact the Entwives had disappeared for good, being destroyed with their gardens in the War of the Last Alliance (Second Age 3429 – 3441) when Sauron pursued a scorched earth policy and burned their land against the advance of the Allies down the Anduin..." in Letter 144

Smaug_Niphredil

Presented by: Arothir Alamáreo

~ More Media ~

You know us, we love sharing our progress and Twitter is the perfect place. Give us a good follow and always have something to look forward to on your daily scroll. Just to spice it up, comment your favorite parts of our builds at

MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter . You won't be disappointed!

Sometimes you just want to enjoy some quality pictures, we got you covered. Head on over to our Facebook account, try following us there too Minecraft Middle-Earth

It doesn't matter if you just woke up or after a busy day at work; scrolling through Instagram and seeing a cool project you have worked on, or just amazing graphics from your favorite server on your favorite game. MCME's Instagram is the right place to be. Check it out at mcmiddleearch on Instagram, or this perfectly good link to take you straight there.

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ Advertisements ~

Artist

Ahh yes. We all know the question. “How can I build?", As well as the responses “You can try a theme build” and “You can take part in jobs." The other answer is “Apply for Artist”, and the last option is by far the most exciting. Being able to build in your favourite places all the time. Sounds awesome. We can never have enough Artists, and with a wide range of current projects, there’s plenty for you to do!
Are you inspired to join MCME’s main build rank? You can apply for Artist/ today on the forums! The Managers, Designers and current Artists will work with you and help you on your journey.

Guide

Or perhaps, you’re not a builder. Well. That’s not a problem! Becoming A guide is obviously the better option anyway. As a Guide, you’re the forefront of MCME, and there’s no greater feeling than when someone says your tour was awesome. You don’t actually have to be a lore nerd either, you’ll pick up on lots really quickly.
When you join the Guides, you’ll be giving tours, running minigames and testing players in lore quizzes, or if you prefer less “on the spot” stuff, Guidebooks are obviously your zen, or helping to tell MCME about MCME by writing up articles in the times. You’ll also plan help plan events such as The Summer Events and The Anniversary Events. We hope you join us soon, because us Guides really would love some more of us. What’re you waiting for?
Just click Guide and apply today!

~ Closing Statement ~

Gosh is it that time already, well i guess i have to let you leave, but don't worry this is only the first edition of the month we will be back soon. I hope you have a wonderful day, and safe building fellow member. :)

Great job for the Times Team, who did what they had to do, great job!

Quote from JRRT

“Some who have read the book, or at any rate have reviewed it, have found it boring, absurd, or contemptible, and I have no cause to complain, since I have similar opinions of their works, or of the kinds of writing that they evidently prefer. ”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times

mcmiddleearth.com​

Attachments

• asfasfdasdfasdfas.jpg
    asfasfdasdfasdfas.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 216
  • tghfhgffghfgh.PNG
    tghfhgffghfgh.PNG
    4 KB · Views: 211
  • 1583648353799.png
    1583648353799.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Minas Tirith is 1,663 feet (506.88 m) tall from the gates to the tower of Ecthelion. This is 277 fathoms. The previous name of Minas Tirith is Minas Anor which translates to The Tower of the Sun. Hopefully Smaug hasn't beaten me this time.

How tall was Minas Tirith in fathoms AND in feet?

The 'Towering bastion of stone' which Minas Tirith is built around is said to be 700 feet in this quote from Return of the King, Chapter 1: Minas Tirith
...a towering bastion of stone, its edge sharp as a ship-keel facing east. Up it rose, even to the level of the topmost circle, and there was crowned by a battlement; so that those in the Citadel might, like mariners in a mountainous ship, look from its peak sheer down upon the Gate seven hundred feet below.
However, this number does not include the height of the Tower of Ecthelion which is situated on top of this stone. The Tower of Ecthelion is 50 fathoms tall as seen in this quote from the same chapter as above:
Thus men reached at last the High Court, and the Place of the Fountain before the feet of the White Tower: tall and shapely, fifty fathoms from its base to the pinnacle, where the banner of the Stewards floated a thousand feet above the plain.

My answer is as follows:
50 fathoms is equal to 300 feet so 700+300 = 1000 feet
700 feet is equal 116.67 fathoms so 116.67+50 = 166.67 fathoms.

The answer that @Thr33way gave is from a book talking about the films and 1620 feet is under the 'non-canon statistics' part for Minas Tirith on Tolkien Gateway. However, he got the answer correct for the bonus question so I won't answer that :p

The 'Towering bastion of stone' which Minas Tirith is built around is said to be 700 feet in this quote from Return of the King, Chapter 1: Minas Tirith

However, this number does not include the height of the Tower of Ecthelion which is situated on top of this stone. The Tower of Ecthelion is 50 fathoms tall as seen in this quote from the same chapter as above:

My answer is as follows:
50 fathoms is equal to 300 feet so 700+300 = 1000 feet
700 feet is equal 116.67 fathoms so 116.67+50 = 166.67 fathoms.

The answer that @Thr33way gave is from a book talking about the films and 1620 feet is under the 'non-canon statistics' part for Minas Tirith on Tolkien Gateway. However, he got the answer correct for the bonus question so I won't answer that :p
I was gonna say that but changed my mind. :mad: