• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ [04/11/18] Announcements

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Hey guys! As usual, we need donations to keep the server running, so please help out if you can!
https://www.mcmiddleearth.com/donate/community-costs.1/campaign

Our Donors
  • Eriol_Eandur
  • TotiGonzales
#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

#NEWS
A late Happy Halloween!:

Updating the server?:
The server updating process is moving very nicely thanks to Eriol! (You The Man!) Other than that there is not really much to say, we are making progress. Lots of folks on the watchlist! Wishing good luck to all those who are waiting and being watched… welcome to autumn lads!

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by Jonatanknalle

Fraspace5: Another brave member has fallen to our old enemy real life, thanks for all the help @Fraspace5 and we wish to see you in purple once again in the future! Resignation

Chuckie001: After long waiting chuckie is finally artist and he was more than worth it, he made an awesome trial build and we look forward to what will come. Promotion

1abcd2(aka 12): After being commoner for like one week 12 decided that he wanted to become artist again, welcome back 12 hopefully you can continue being the lazy artist we love. Promotion

Waterice_man: Congrats Waterice for achieving the rank of Guide you had a great trial tour and we look forward to another tour. Promotion

VMark5: VMark did a nice trial build and we look forward for more awesome builds, congrats @VMark5 for achieving the rank of artist! Promotion

~ Interviews ~

Today, @mapthor will interview @Slowlex on his MCME experience!
Interview with @Slowlex

Question 1: What do you think about MCME’s community?

I think that MCME is a great server and I find that we have a great community. This server is an amazing place that has recreated a lot from the movies/books. I am sure that we could improve a few things but I actually really love to play here :D

Question 2: What was your experience as an adventure?

Oh I was an adventurer for a long time. At the beginning it was really hard to do anything here because of my vocabulary border but many people supported me back then. I was impressed of a few buildings because they were quit close to my imagination of some book locations and I actually didn't think that it's possible to build something that looks better than our edoras in minecraft back then. Later I saw that it is possible and I wanted to become a bigger part of this community.

Question 3: What made you want to become artist?

I actually wanted to help mcme since 2013 but I wasn't able to join this server. Then I joined and I realized that it was an english server, so I wasn't able to help and I became inactive for a long time. Last year I returned again and I saw that this server made some interesting changes. I wanted to help at projects like DA a bit more than just working on streets and Co. I knew that I could do some cool things for this server but I still think that my biggest inspiration to help this server was a video about our good old moria hahah

Question 4: What is your favorite part about being an artist?

My favourite point on being an artist is that I can help on bigger projects much better and that I can build all the time.

Question 5: What is your favorite place on MCME?

Hm this is quite hard to answer because there are many cool places and the most of my really favourites don't have a name. But I think that my favourite place on mcme is Imlot Melui and of course the melon wreck.

Question 6: Who is your favorite LOTR character?

Hm I think that today it is Sam or Pippin. I like the way they are. Sam is a much more interesting character than Frodo in my opinion and Pippin is an amazing character. I love the way PJ adapted him in the movies too and I also have to say a big thanks to the actor that he sang "To the edge of night" when I met him at the comic con

First Impressions Interview
By mapthor

Next, I interview a new player named Zark618 on his MCME experience!

Question 1: How did you find MCME?

I found the server by searching up lord of the rings minecraft server after seeing some sweet pictures of it

Question 2: What are your first impressions on our Community when you first joined?

When i joined i people said welcome and they seemed nice.

Question 3: What were your first impressions on our builds like Minas Tirith and The Shire?

They look amazing, especially minas tirith. Its size makes it just incredible, really well built.

Question 4: What were your first impressions on our projects like Dol Amroth and Moria?

Dol amroth is amazing, even though i dont have the best fps is really fun to explore, same with moria since its basically a maze lol

Question 5: Have you built anything on the server in a job yet?

No, i've been exploring too much to have time for that haha

Thank you very much Mr. Zark. But do we have time for bonus question?

*EXPLOSIONS*
Oh my! It looks like we have time for Bonus Question!

Question 6: Who is your favorite MCME member that you’ve met so far?

That must be Oberanio, he is such a wholesome guy and lead me in a fun job once. Really nice and is just generally the best

Thank you Zark, very cool!

~ Winners of “The Week” ~
So we got some good ones as always. Make sure you show some special recognition towards the winners of the week! They’ve presented exemplary displays of our server’s creative potential! Give a hand to these winners!

MEDIA OF THE WEEK:
We didn’t have that much media this week but there is one that really stood out, congratulations to @FoolhardyFish for this amazing picture of the bathhouse in DA!

R6sOZ1plK0ehuIO1E_3VCxMp96X5Q8ZYtpZFGwV8i5WCBZ1PKkjCbo1xUe8VqPcccZpMLHVYjB8qSOdyHgx937KsjW5ijx2SpBjOYAhIh7v4ltvoEdZRv6KEKE5azlNxhgXuLvdn

THEME-BUILD OF THE WEEK:
Our first winner of this week for the Dol Guldur project build is.... @Fexelitche! He did some last minute fixing and it looks great, especially in stormy weather, congrats Fexel you did a great job!!!

aBx8PHiKR4WpKrF5JSYR11H3wCEPgRKALF1IH1VDF5Uw29rD1j7OFyxCZVRMvUHU27tXe3EQMvWKYvmlsT5f04PsWXr0L-N3nk7iPBG5iTBHnM0Q01a-htAiE7hpRC7XtDQbYjJ-

Rm9fkpNsAGADZyStzY3IIaZQjxoWzxpyruoMw8GVcgJOtqkRJJ0RsLiBV3BWTk2-ZqylOUF5IjU11q6pQg7FVFxLwC0fsH-AuS7p_Gzzpd28cf8aLcl4JBw912LDQnJGIbMojLJQ

(Couldn’t decide which picture to use so I picked both)

And our second winner for the Amon Sûl theme build is…. @Wodleth! His build was probably by far the best looking and most lore-accurate build of them all, personally I think it looks awesome.
Great job Wodleth!

qW-k2SoJjA-BtLecXFLt7UWIY5hOUJso7spLh-fHrop1Hm-obel3JdkjcY1dKS6b7hAhFBy2b5Ckvkrr53E1y4MQI-_Px-1Ael390yMt63JJkc4uSek98IInaTagcFkBVWXGDIJ3

~ Lore of the Week ~
The story of The Oathbreakers - A special “Spooky” Lore in honor of Halloween:

I don't know about you lads but when I think about Halloween and 'spooky stuff’ usually what comes into my head is skeletons and dead things (those are not spooky) BUT there is one thing in LoTR which sends a chill up my spine, and that is the tale of the Oathbreakers… so enjoy!

“The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead, and the Dead keep it, until the time comes. The way is shut.”
Near the end of the Second Age High King Elendil and his sons came to Middle-Earth, with them came the survivors of Númenor (This happened after the downfall of course). When they came the kingdoms of Arnor and Gondor were created, in the kingdom of Gondor, near the south side of the white mountains the Númenóreans placed a giant black stone (which they saved from the downfall) upon ‘The Hill of Erech.’ The weight of the rock made a dent in the land and it was never to be moved again (nor could it be moved). The rock is symbolic to the weight of the oath that was made upon it, and as the rock could not be moved, nor could the oath be broken. North west of this rock there was a door which led into the mountains, many men of the world lived in this mountain.
After the founding of Gondor Isildur son of Elendil called a meeting with the men of the mountain at the hill of Erech, the men with their king came to the call of Isildur. Isildur wanted to form an alliance with these men, so the king of the mountain laid an oath upon the stone of Erech stating that should Sauron return, the men of the mountain will fight alongside Gondor and against Sauron.
Later then, after Sauron did return and attacked Minas Ithil, Isildur and his men went to the hill of Erech and called upon the men of the mountain, when the men came Isildur told them how Sauron did in fact return and he called upon them to fulfil their oath, but the men did not fulfil their oath, in fact during the dark times of the second age, the men worshiped Sauron therefore they were sure that Sauron would protect them from the punishment of breaking the oath.
Isildur, seeing that the men were not planning on fulfilling the oath, laid a terrible curse on the men of the mountain: “Thou shalt be the last king, and if the west prove mightier than thy black master, this curse I lay upon thee and thy folk; to rest never until your oath is fulfilled… For this war will last through years uncounted, and you shall be summoned once again ere the end.” These men fled in terror from the hill and they joined neither the men of Gondor nor Sauron in the time before the war of the last alliance, even after the war when the men died but never found peace, they haunted and lingered in the black route vale on the other side of the mountains. The home of the men was called Dwimorberg - The haunted mountain.
So it was that these men lingerd for many years in Middle-Earth never to find peace until they fulfilled their oath.

There was a prophecy made by Malbeth who foretold the coming of Aragorn to the Paths of the Dead. “Over the land there lies a long shadow, westward reaching wings of darkness. The Tower trembles; to the tombs of kings doom approaches. The Dead awaken; for the hour is come for the oathbreakers: at the Stone of Erech they shall stand again and hear there a horn in the hills ringing. Whose shall the horn be? Who shall call them from the grey twilight, the forgotten people? The heir of him to whom the oath they swore. From the North shall he come, need shall drive him: he shall pass the Door to the Paths of the Dead.”
In the year 3019 T.A the grey company of rangers from the north journeyed southward with the sons of Elrond, and they reminded Aragorn to take the Paths of the Dead. Aragorn followed by Gimli and Legolas and the company of rangers called upon the dead to meet him at the Stone of Erech, Aragorn blew the silver horn and commanded the dead to follow him to Pelargir. The dead men and their king followed Aragorn, when they arrived at Pelargir Aragorn called “Now come! By the Black Stone I call you!” The dead took over Pelargir and after their victory they came to Aragorn, he turned and called “Hear now the words of the heir of Isildur! Your oath is fulfilled. Go back to the trouble not the valleys ever again! Depart and be at rest!” The Oathbreakers vanished into the wind after Aragorn’s cry...

~ More Media ~

Woop woop. Everyone’s favourite part of the times has returned again! Huzzah! We gotta kick off this with the usual twitter. Be sure to give us a “hello!” at MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter . Who knows, Cookies may be involved!

Twitter is not the most popular “social platform”, so for you “yooves” with a trendy Facebook account, try following us there too https://www.facebook.com/mcmeproject/

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

(What do you mean Snapchat is more popular than Planet Minecraft of course it isn’t)

~ Advertisements ~
Artist
Ahh yes. We all know the question. “How can I build”. As well as “You can try a theme build” and “You can take part in jobs”, the other answer is “Apply for Artist”, and the last option is by far the most exciting. Being able to build in your favourite places all the time. Sounds awesome. We can never have enough Artists, and with a wide range of current projects, there’s plenty for you to do!
Are you inspired by joining MCME’s main build rank? You can apply for Artist/ today on the forums! The Lead Builders, Designers and current Artists will work with you and help you on your journey.

Guide
Or perhaps, you’re not a builder. Well. That’s not a problem! Becoming A guide is obviously the better option anyway. As a Guide, you’re the forefront of MCME, and there’s no greater feeling than when someone says your tour was awesome. You don’t actually have to be a lore nerd either, you’ll pick up on lots really quickly.
When you join the Guides, you’ll be giving tours, running minigames and testing players in lore quizzes, or if you prefer less “on the spot” stuff, Guidebooks are obviously your zen, or helping to tell MCME about MCME by writing up articles in the times. You’ll also plan help plan events such as The Summer Events and The Anniversary Events. We hope you join us soon, because us Guides really would love some more of us. What’re you waiting for?
Just click Guide and apply today!

~ Closing Statement ~

Great work so far, I like the progress happening. I feel we are working together better, and that is the main thing needed in our community to grow.

Great job for the Times Team, who did what they had to do, great job!

Quote from JRRT
“Still round the corner there may wait, A new road or a secret gate.”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times
mcmiddleearth.com​