• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~[05/03/2020]

May Mayham!
MCME is Booming!
OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by Mapthor
Hey guys, Map here! Soarz let me write the editors note for some reason so here we are. First off, it’s finally May! A new month means new progress for MCME and we got some cool things coming your way. The server got updated to 15.2, the PVP server got revived, and the Gondor RP trilogy is finally complete. Ooits began hosting the “official” MCME Workout Session which is open to the public (just ask him) and Q made the website look very very shiny. All in all, the community is rallying right now with new things due to this quarantine and I couldn’t be happier. The last time I saw the community this active was back in 2017, so seeing this puts a huge smile on my face. Anyways, I’m happy to see the server back in action and I hope we can keep this energy going for as long as we can!

Happy Sailing :)
-Mapthor

~ Project Progress ~

Anorien - Lead: @Oberanio | In Progress
Report by Monster_Duck

In these past two weeks not much building has been done in the region of Anorien, but new textures have become available for use by Darki and co. in the Entwash.

ohEz_iTWoRFShPjKSJRD7s13IvTKY5_yLlVmhICxUrQz-uHiN0CaurEjN4_Iz8M1uA410vZlKVyAQ6J1Y9x3uE3xakmuEA4SKDTUQogkqpExx3UPj2ttmwDpe5O_gZ6HF-yNjtGf

Lond Daer – Lead: @Ivan1pl | In Progress
Report by Soarz

Ivan is taking a short break for this edition, but do not worry he will be back in full swing in no time!

XWfUW5INEqUu49IL1OjNVlk8pwWTsrQvLuZCsN6LdiMBe5o2hdXsi7p0Hlc---raZ8MSw7xDhiUJLIvwOw7KvDryWXPV3XhTl0Pu51ZQ6bj1_hpjoPBnSHnzNx-mCyFIwED5cmvD

Moria: Fellowship's path – Lead: @DoctorDaom | In progress
Report by Mershy

Big progress over here in Moria. Durin's Crossroads has seen some building over the past few weeks and I am happy to say that all of the tombs are complete. The barracks was finished, the tomb caves saw a few jobs and the inn was eventually moved to a better location. Every tomb has been built from a range of different people either intact with interiors all the way to fully collapsed with rubble. The only tasks left over here is the ceremonial cave and the Hall of the fallen. Also, this meant that Bart's challenge was completed. A couple weeks ago he set the challenge to finish the tombs and some of the other areas. He has since donated the agreed $100 so massive thank you to everyone that decided to help out. The next stages after Durin's crossroads is fully completed are yet to be decided but the progress will hopefully continue nonetheless. Nic has also been working hard updating the moria pack to the required format.

SOscGBhvVPKrs56JwJStinQu1HVo81bp-L2RK7KcqsSJGscKvFdnKT1Xu8OBcdax76e6h_87lnbqbtXs0GeAb5ary_W5VDnlTmr6KKLGLD0-M3tcue7Q2hwFImuLOaBiOtNj9gLv

Osgiliath – Lead: @ooitsbirdo | In progress
Report by Foolhardyfish

Well Section 1 continues to be worked on, with my main goal being to give all the buildings a proper structure and support (or just collapse them entirely. For those wondering about plots, I will not be giving any out until I am satisfied with the state of each building's structure, so please be patient. Additionally, another job was run and with a tad bit of supervisory support from Mershy, we cleared the vegetation from the Red Zone. Big thanks to those who helped with that.

IYKAbLkVVdzOzbUTv5pgOsFz05CZJvFzzHF_tG3zkRCIys2w43F6LY3hoOfoRvXDL_FG6ZTOm1mlZ3f8iVajGHS8TmcUhvrjAdDDBLXyK3c4tcuqc3sVk57JUAfvJ7EyCxy8pFSw

~ Texture Development ~
Report By: Soars

Build Server Running Minecraft 1.15:
After all the conversion at the beginning of the year, we have come to this. The server is running smoothly on 1.15

Gondor 3.0:
Eriol has finished the new texture pack, with that said please report and bugs you may find and they will be fixed.

~ Plug-in Development ~
Report By: Soars

Architect Update:
Eriol fixed this plugin, as well as added some small changed and fixed.

PvP Update:
Its been nearly two years and its back on the main server this time. This is a new mini-game we all are going to enjoy and some have, have fun on the battle field.

Home Page:
Thanks to q220 our forums have new also been updated to match the home page. Many new features were added to help navigate this website of ours.

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Keeping MCME running is not free, every month we have to pay $235 to keep up all our work. Donations help us keep doing what we love and providing you with amazing builds to look at. Donations are not required but greatly accepted, if you want to help us in our feat of rebuilding Middle Earth in Minecraft you can donate here.
Viewing Donation Drive: Community Costs

Our Donors
  • Soars
  • Marc1977
  • Rogue_Scholar
  • _Luk
  • barteldvn - Challenge complete: "It is what it is"
  • Dav3ck
  • LlamaJaden1
  • Prysin17
#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

#NEWS

TI's Audio Books:

TI has decided to relaunch his audiobook! He has already done one reading but look out for many more.

Guide of the Month:
This was one hard month to give any particular guide, gotm. But out of the many that deserve it, we can only have one. Aprils Guide of the Month is Sam_Of_Seagull! If you see him on give him an elbow high as i still don't want germs.

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by Soarz

Sadly, we don't have any updates for you this edition. Do not worry it doesn't stay like this for long around here on MCME. There is always an update to keep you on your toes!

~ Interviews ~

Interview with @awaywind

Question 1. What was your first time on the server like?
It was a ton of fun! Once I was finally able to get on, which proved to be a struggle because at the time I had this 10 year old HP laptop, I had a grand time exploring a world I was so familiar with from the movies and the books. I went to all the big locations and I even remember showing my parents places like Lothlorien. Plus, it was the only couple months I didn't have any responsibility

Question 2. What made you go for your current rank?
The guides were the first people I really got to interact with and they were always really nice to me. I will say I might have had an ulterior motive of getting the rank to get an Enforcer but once I became a guide I fell in love with the rank and decided to stay for a while.

Question 3. What is the weirdest thing that has happened to you on the server?
Once I was sitting on the server during the night as a guide and this player came on. They were a pretty good adventurer (though I can't remember their name for the life of me and I don't believe I've ever seen them on since) but they started saying some pretty cryptic things "don't you know me" or "you should be able to figure out who I am by doing /seen". I couldn't at the time so I was always left wondering who it was. All I know is that they had some connection to Despot666 but he wasn't active at the time and I doubt he would know anymore about that person than I did. Overall, just an odd thing that occurred when the server used to be dead during the American night hours. There was also the incident of the MCME Late Night BLAMO but it’s one of those “you had to have been there” things.

Question 4. What's your favorite place on MCME?
There's so many amazing places with crazy memories it's almost an unfair question, that being said, I do have an answer. Mount Monachus! It's a beautiful mountain town on the outskirts of western Gondor that has interesting architecture and a lush farming valley.

Question 5. Do you prefer Dark, White, or Milk Chocolate? Furthermore, British tea or American tea?
I like dark chocolate, very rich in flavor (plus, how else would I get the recommended amount of serotonin?). I like both, but I drink British tea more often (milk and a couple sugars). The only good place to get tea in America is the South, it'll give you a heart condition but it's worth the risk.

Question 6. What do you think your biggest contribution to MCME has been?
All the bans I've handed out just kidding. I like to think that I've had some of an impact of the guide rank (since I've been here so long) and I hope I've helped the community a little, if I could call those my biggest contributions I'd be proud.

Interviewer: Soars

~ Winners of “The Week” ~

This week we have another round of amazing builds and Media posts. We only choose from the best every time, so hard work does pay off. Sometimes it can get competitive and that is what will win a place here. Please give a warm welcome to this Times, winners of this week.

MEDIA Winners:
Firstly I would like to notify all readers, who drool over these awe-inspiring pictures, that I wrote three very short&easy guides on how to take screenshots. You can find these pinned in the #screenshot-feedback channel and on the forums.

0SaghH0.jpg

Congratulations to barteldvn for winning this fortnight’s selection!
I can’t say there have been many other fortnights when I had to force myself to leave out screenshots. What better way to spend the lockdown than taking amazing screenshots of your favorite map, I guess? Either way, if you’re not included in the selection, that’s probably because there were just too many amazing screenshots like yours.
I am also happy to see many Moria screenshots emerging. As I wrote in the screenshot guides, you can take amazing Moria screenshots with the Vertigo shaderpack.

THEME-BUILD Winners
In the two theme-builds from this fortnight (Durin’s Tower and Gatehouse) we have seen many amazing builds. The two winners are Nightshade_3 and MITHLONDEL.

Honorable mentions for gatehouse are here:

And for Durin’s Tower click here:

~ Media-Theme of the Fortnight ~

It's still here, just like the question of the week this will stay as a contest from week to week. We hope you have as much fun with it as we do, and are looking forward to seeing what you can capture for next fortnight.

This weeks Theme:
Sunset

Rules:
  • The media item (Picture or Screenshot) has to be created on the server.
  • No stealing (obviously)
  • It has to be somehow relevant on the theme.
  • To submit your theme, put a screenshot of it in the comments below

Judging:
You will be judged by three criteria, you will score points in the criteria and the one(s) with the most points will win.
  1. Quality
  2. Creativity
  3. Relevance to the theme

And the winner of last weeks theme was . . . . . .

Last weeks Theme: Water

Winner of last Weeks theme: Smaug_Niphredil

~ Lore of the Week ~
Ulmo & Gondolin:
The tale of Gondolin is a tale about betrayal, jealousy and Ignorance.
However, in this edition we will not be visiting Gondolin directly, we will be visiting the discovery of Gondolin and the tale surrounding it.

Ulmo, one of the most powerful vala, often considered as the wisest of the vala, usually separating himself from the valar. Tried to help the Noldor as much as he could by delaying the doom of Mandos.

Mandos doomed the Noldor after the kinslaying in Alqualondë. Ulmo found in favor of the Noldor and tried to help them as much as he could. Ulmo protected the Noldor and guided Turgon (second son of Fingolfin) to Gondolin.
In the Quenta Silmarillion, we learn about the earlier days of Turgon and how he dwelt in Neverast.
“On a time Turgon left Neverast where he dwelt and went to visit Inglor his friend, and they journeyed southward along Sirion…”
The script goes on and tells of Ulmo, coming to Turgon and Inglor while they slept and laid upon them heavy dreams. They did not remember the dreams too clearly, nor did they tell the dreams to each other.
Inglor and Turgon went separate ways and wandered, looking for hidden ways, for both of them felt that they were bidden to prepare for a day that Morgoth would burst from Angband and release his armies.
“Thus it came that Inglor found the deep gorge of Narog and the caves in its western side; and he built there a stronghold and armories after the fashion of the deep mansions of Menegroth. And he called this place Nargothrond…
But Turgon went alone into hidden places, and by the guidance of Ulmo found the secret vale of Gondolin; and of this he said not as yet, but returned to Neverast and his folk.”

Ulmo had led Inglor to find the caves of Nargothrond, and Turgon to find Gondolin. Inglor did as Ulmo had planned for him to do, and built the place into a stronghold. However, Turgon turned back and did not speak of the place again, so Ulmo had to influence Turgon to go back. Turgon took his folk and led them eastward to Gondolin and they vanished.

In a different version, from the “Annals of Beleriand” (Aka the “Grey Annals”) we see a different version of Turgon’s return to Gondolin.
The Annals refers to the year in which Gondolin was full-wrought after fifty two years of secret toil.
“Now therefore Turgon prepared to depart from Neverast and leave his halls in Vinyamar… And then Ulmo came to him a second time and said ‘Now thou shalt go at last to Gondolin, Turgon; and I will set my power on the Vale of Sirion, so that none shall mark thy going, nor shall find there the hidden entrance to thy land against thy will… But love it not too well and remember that the true hope of the Noldor lieth in the West and cometh from the Sea’.
And Ulmo warned Turgon that he also lay under the Doom of Mandos, which Ulmo had no power to remove. ‘Thus it may come to pass, that the curse of the Noldor shall find thee too ere the end, and treason shall awake within thy walls. Then shall they be in peril of fire… then even from Neverast one shall come to warn thee, and from him beyond ruin and fire hope shall be born for Elves and Men…’ “
Ulmo continues and tells Turgon to leave in his halls at Vinyamar arms and a sword so that he knows its is the one who Ulmo spoke about (Tuor)

It is said many times how Ulmo had the power of foresight and he says in his words to Turgon how treason will be the reason for the fall, which is true, when Maeglin gave Morgoth the location of Gondolin. When Ulmo says “hope shall be born” he is speaking of Tuor’s child Eärendil.

Putting the origin tale of Gondolin aside, we return to Ulmo and his powers of influence and foresight. Ulmo put words into the mouth of Tuor when he spoke to Turgon, however it was not the first time Ulmo had done that.
Ulmo put words into the mouth of Huor, only without him knowing so.
During the Battle of Unnumbered Tears, Huor and Hurin stand with Turgon, Huor tells Turgon to take his men and return to Gondolin so that hope may come yet again.
After he explains to Turgon that Morgoth fears Gondolin, he says something very interesting which is put into his mouth by Ulmo.
“ ‘Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of thy house shall come the hope of Elves and Men… and I shall never look on thy white walls, from thee and me shall a new star arise’”

However, we cannot overestimate the divine powers of Ulmo in his vast knowledge and foreknowledge and in his inconceivable ability to enter the minds of other beings.
Tolkien expressed this by making sure to say that Ulmo is not the most powerful of the Valar and says how Manwe is still the most powerful even if it seems to us that Ulmo is more powerful.

Ulmo is a special vala, he doesn't like to be in the counsel of the valar, and enjoys watching the Edain and Elves. However, he should never be underestimated, as we can see his true powers are more than just controlling sea life.

~ Question of the Week ~

This Week's Question:{Question}
Which one of Feanor’s sons survived the longest?

Question: {Question}
How big was the largest Palantir?

Correct Answer: {Answer}
It was so large it needed a cart for transport.

Sadly there was no winner, but shout out to ShroomyD for working towards the answer.

Presented by: Monster_Duck

~ More Media ~

You know us, we love sharing our progress and Twitter is the perfect place. Give us a good follow and always have something to look forward to on your daily scroll. Just to spice it up, comment your favorite parts of our builds at

MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter . You won't be disappointed!

Sometimes you just want to enjoy some quality pictures, we got you covered. Head on over to our Facebook account, try following us there too Minecraft Middle-Earth

It doesn't matter if you just woke up or after a busy day at work; scrolling through Instagram and seeing a cool project you have worked on, or just amazing graphics from your favorite server on your favorite game. MCME's Instagram is the right place to be. Check it out at mcmiddleearch on Instagram, or this perfectly good link to take you straight there.

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ Advertisements ~
Artist
Ahh yes. We all know the question. “How can I build?", As well as the responses “You can try a theme build” and “You can take part in jobs." The other answer is “Apply for Artist”, and the last option is by far the most exciting. Being able to build in your favorite places all the time. Sounds awesome. We can never have enough Artists, and with a wide range of current projects, there’s plenty for you to do!
Are you inspired to join MCME’s main build rank? You can apply for Artist/ today on the forums! The Managers, Designers and current Artists will work with you and help you on your journey.

Guide
Or perhaps, you’re not a builder. Well. That’s not a problem! Becoming A guide is obviously the better option anyway. As a Guide, you’re the forefront of MCME, and there’s no greater feeling than when someone says your tour was awesome. You don’t actually have to be a lore nerd either, you’ll pick up on lots really quickly.
When you join the Guides, you’ll be giving tours, running mini-games and testing players in lore quizzes, or if you prefer less “on the spot” stuff, Guidebooks are obviously your zen, or helping to tell MCME about MCME by writing up articles in the times. You’ll also help plan events such as The Summer Events and The Anniversary Events. We hope you join us soon, because us Guides really would love some more of us. What’re you waiting for?
Just click Guide and apply today!

~ Closing Statement ~

Another fortnight has passed, weary travelers, and we find ourselves at the end of the times again. Across the world we are holed up in our different dwellings and we turn to the internet to find solace. Times like this make me happy to have so many good friends in a community such as Minecraft Middle Earth. In our community we have such a variety of personalities, hobbies, cultures, etc. which truly brings things into perspective. And yet, in our differences, we find a common interest in the wonderful world Tolkien created. Thank you for your companionship and hard work over the weeks, give yourself a pat on the back and keep in touch! Kindest regards, awaywind.

Great job for the Times Team, who did what they had to do, great job!

Quote from JRRT
“...boats..” (J.R.R Tolkien. Fellowship of the Ring. Chapter 2; Page 35, 1954.)

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times
mcmiddleearth.com​

Last edited:
TI's Audio Books:
TI has decided to relaunch his audiobook! He has already done one reading but look out for many more.

Every Saturday at 8pm BST in the Events Channel on Discord! Next Saturday (the 9th) is Chapters 2 and 3 of Fellowship of The Ring. It's going to take 30 more weeks to finish The Lord of The Rings, so many more is no understatement!

In my copy of "The Lord of the Rings" the word "Boats" is on page 66 not 35, I feel like I've been lied to :( (I believe the son of Fëanor that survived the longest was Maedhros)

1. This is one of my favorite quotes from LOTR but unfortunately I think you have the wrong citation. It's actually The Fellowship of the Ring, Book II, Chapter 8 (page 388 in the second edition, 1965)
  2. Be nice to @MITHLONDEL and go back and take a picture of his build in moria pack like its supposed to be
  3. I'll guess Maglar survived longest bc I think him throwing the silmaril in the sea was one of the very last things described.