• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~ The MCME Times ~ [05/16/2021]

May Madness!
Moria Pack Go Brrrrrrr!
OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by mapthor
Good day mates, it’s Mapthor back for another Editor’s Note. We’re halfway through May and we’ve gotten a lot of things done so far. Toti held a modeling workshop today, Music Team dropped another banger track on YouTube, and Effie got Foreman after a 4 and a half hour trial job. Gotta love the dedication of our team members, it’s just stunning. Speaking of stunning, have you guys seen the new Moria Texture Update? It’s just beautiful isn’t it?
AGtOWipsWShQ64FvJtAZl9r8bCH0GYGXA_AosDwpwnxKVvCpIA5ydVLVJprvTPtVttjcaxUTSkxrtu78xWCNfIvmviUrQTdDLpZ1MsKbh1KwFMZXkWzUScHBaDqo_WtCBQ

10/10 would use OptiFine again!

Happy Sailing,
Mapthor

~ Project Progress ~

Anorien - Lead: @draonic_slayer | In Progress
Report by draonic_slayer

Not much to report about for the main body of Anorien, the majority of the work being completed within the Pelennor Fields, with that project slowing moving towards being complete. Several villages/hamlets have been laid out and the field systems around them have been layout for section 3. Swe has been handing out plots to help detail them up so look out for those if you are looking for work.

RzPxkczbQrUqUwOwUyCYi_l61GUbChQjlev69qcc1EgL1r6gPesxhu7uSaABBnOGHcsoJsw_8iB9ISRC75sBvjJ_kYZGkZ5V7u7N-oc30eGGohmGUyVbFroJXd2kdMrRmw

Lond Daer – Lead: @mattlego | In Progress
Report by mattlego

There has not been too much progress recently but now that I am done with exams I can put in more time and hopefully get some more progress.

vfMi_Rfti0nA-Gpb6DJDadfZ53sBNJKrL-blC0bSFsAUbw_soXOIj-TViWK46Hz7XgjizvMAE8bNn1IBJZMgRxvxeXBc4XEMhbM_Dj6tNZGxUpGhOGHlVyoyLHRGZUPrcQ

Moria – Lead: @barteldvn | In Progress
Report by Mershy

Moria has seen some exciting developments these past couple weeks. Daom and I have been combining our efforts to create some concepts for the upper West Gate area. A new entrance hall is in the works as well as the cave between that and the staircase. Movie Cave still continues with Badger's watchful eye over the mines. Finally, Bart has been trying some development work with some new ideas for Moria, and Duke tweaking the resource pack and fixing some known issues.

NEdaOpyvwv8B8s-r4A26etWbq8c7k20-hztSw74iWBdZOmw3yCOTq5xR42g4tH94u9BNzbWfXewUU714n79nSonY9_ZLmZR7ZW2kFCS5Ba0DHgYyq2ya8qrK_qGz2N8ltw

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Keeping MCME running is not free, every month we have to pay $265 to keep up all our work. Donations help us keep doing what we love and providing you with amazing builds to look at. Donations are not required but greatly accepted, if you want to help us in our feat of rebuilding Middle Earth in Minecraft you can donate here.
Viewing Donation Drive: Community Costs
Our Donors
  • junoknight
  • ooitsbirdo
  • loookafiish
  • Firefly956
#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by givet10

EffieFrag: It has been a long while, but now we finally have a new Foreman! Or should I say Forewoman UwU. Ok sorry about that but EffieFrag got promoted, congratulations!
Promotion

~ Winners of “The Week” ~

Another fortnight, another list of Media Winners. This week, Melkor makes it into the Media Winners for the first time and Pausi makes it in again for a second time, and Givet takes a break from screenshotting. Always interesting to see how many shots you guys manage to make for me to go through. Enjoy the Media Winners!

MEDIA Winners:
Honorable Mention: Here HyprNinja took a shot of a rarely-photographed section of Andrast, a section not fully-completed sadly. It's still a very interesting area, and I'm glad Hypr took the time to give it some love. It's tricky to get good lighting in an area like this, and Hypr did his best with it. Love the composition.

1621199072751.png

Honorable Mention: Always cool to see an Adventurer make it into the Media Winners. Casillan put a good bit of effort into this edit. Very cool result. Only complaint is the lack of shadowing on the back of Gandalf, but that's a minor detail. Very clean edit work overall.

1621199101864.png

Honorable Mention: No surprise this shot made it in. I have a soft spot for Annuminas, and Melkor_Belegurth took an excellent shot of it this fortnight. I especially like the shader-produced sunrays on the left. Wisdom is a cool shader.

1621199122835.png

Honorable Mention: Shame about the graininess and low-resolution, but other than that, Hypr has created an excellent shot here with good composition and some good lighting. Little more to say about it other than that, it's not all that unique.

1621199143939.png

Honorable Mention: While I'm not too big a fan of the composition of this shot, I love the lighting and minimal editing. Shot by Givet.

1621199167109.png

Honorable Mention: While the focus isn't very interesting in this shot, the general layout of the shot points to the focus very well so that it's very clear. The blurring is a nice touch as well. Working with this cropping isn't easy, but Pausi seems to have gotten the hang of it.

1621199189316.png

Honorable Mention: Seeing an opportunity to get another Minas Tirith shot, Itai took it up, this time with Chocapic V9 shaders. I like the simple, yet very effective lighting on this shot mixed with the sky. Gives Minas Tirith a very nice feel. Composition is perfect as well. Not exactly unique, of course.

1621199209348.png

(Dis)Honorable Mention: The original version of this shot was boring, empty even. You could tell just by looking at it that it was simply missing something. Then Ardelenia made an edit which changed EVERYTHING. This shot is now the picture of perfection. The lighting on the bulldozer is brilliant, the placement perfect... what more could I ask for? Shot by HyprNinja, edited by Ardelenia.

1621199243270.png

Honorable Mention: Bohemian_Beetle's got some very nice settings for his Chocapic V9 file. This is a very clean, simple shot. Love the Chocapic V9 vibrancy, it's why I use it in most of my cinematics. Beetle is very good at these sorts of shots, though, and I hope to see more of them from him.

1621199267695.png

Honorable Mention: Here we have a beautiful shot by HyprNinja, featuring cool terrain and nice lighting, but what I find really nice is the tone. It's a very pretty tone and works well with the terrain. The composition leaves a little something to be desired, but the rest distracts me from that.

1621199290055.png

Media Winner: Bareketta has rarely looked better. It's a shame it doesn't get many shots taken of it. Melkor_Belegurth did it a favor, providing it with Wisdom shaders and some nice lighting and composition. GG to him.

1621199325036.png

THEME-BUILD Winners
Themes go brrrrr. Sorry for all of those crashes that happened during the week. Still you made some nice theme builds and I am proud of you!

~ Lore of the Week ~

The Great Journey and the Sundering of the Elves

Long before the Valar became aware of the Awakening of the Elves in Cuiviénen, Melkor - ever watchful - sent shadows and evil spirits to spy upon them and waylay them, and his dark Rider upon his wild horse pursued those Elves who strayed too far from the others and captured them, and they were never seen again. It is said that of these Elves that were taken by the Rider into the pits of Melkor’s stronghold Utumno, through torture and cruelty, was made the hideous race of the Orcs in envy and mockery of the Elves.

And thus, when at long last the Vala Oromë rode to Cuiviénen upon his horse and discovered the Elves, they were afraid of him and only few among them had the courage to stay in his presence; those who did swiftly perceived that Oromë was indeed not the dark Rider that plagued them, “for the light of Aman was in his face, and all the noblest of the Elves were drawn towards it.” (The Silmarillion, “Of the Coming of the Elves and the Captivity of Melkor”)

Oromë then rode West and reported to the Valar, and told them of Melkor’s deeds of depravity, and the Valar then laid siege to Utumno and broke the fortress. After years of war that shook the earth and reshaped it, Melkor was chained and brought to Valinor where he would remain imprisoned for a while. Then Oromë returned to the Elves and invited them all to Valinor to live amongst the Valar - but the Elves were still afraid. Three emissaries were then chosen - Ingwë, Finwë and Elwë, who will later become kings among the Elves - and they travelled West with Oromë and beheld the splendour of Valinor and the light of the Trees. Returning to Cuiviénen the emissaries convinced most of the Elves to travel West too, and thus the Great Journey had begun.

But not all of them departed. All of the Minyar accepted the summons of the Valar and in the West became the Vanyar; but of the Tatyar and of the Nelyar many remained behind, and became the Avari - the Dark Elves; that was the First Sundering of the Elves.

Those of the Tatyar who departed from Cuiviénen became the Noldor, and like the Vanyar they all reached Valinor at last, and together with the Vanyar they became the Elves of Light (Calaquendi). But those of the Nelyar who departed from Cuiviénen, now known as the Teleri, travelled slowly and apart from the Vanyar and Noldor, and their kindred was sundered twice more…

Upon reaching the great river Anduin and beholding the terrible Misty Mountains (that were taller and more terrible in those days than they are now), many of the Teleri were dismayed and abandoned the Great Journey; that was the Second Sundering. Those who remained in the Vales of Anduin, and in later days spread further south towards the Bay of Belfalas, became known as the Nandor, and their leader was Lenwë. In later days some of the Nandor would be led by Lenwë’s son Denethor westwards into Ossiriand, where they became the Green Elves; whereas the rest of the Nandor are now known as the Silvan Elves.

Lastly, upon reaching the shores of Beleriand, the Teleri were sundered a third time. Their leader, Elwë, was lost for many years in the woods of Nan Elmoth where he met his future wife, Melian the Maia; and all the while his people searched for him. When at last came the time for them to depart across the sea, many of them were unwilling to forsake their leader, and only a few of them crossed the oceans and reached Valinor. Those few were then known as the Falmari, the Sea Elves, and they dwelt in the Bay of Eldamar in the Blessed Realm; but those who remained in Beleriand were the Grey Elves (Sindar), and their king was Elwë the Greymantle, who in their tongue was then known as Elu Thingol.

Those are the kindreds of the Elves after their three sunderings:

Of the Minyar came the Vanyar, the Fair Elves.

Of the Tatyar came the Noldor, the Deep Elves.

Of the Nelyar came the Teleri, who were then sundered into the Nandor (“those who go back”), the Sindar (the Grey Elves), and the Falmari (the Sea Elves).

Then of the Nandor came the Green Elves (Laiquendi) and the Wood Elves (Silvan Elves), and amongst the Sindar there were the Iathrim (Elves of Doriath), Falathrim (Elves of the Falas) and Mithrim (Elves of Mithrim, in the north of Beleriand).

All the Elves who left Cuiviénen at first are counted amongst the Eldar (“star-folk”); while those of the Tatyar and Nelyar who refused the summons of the Valar became the Avari, the Dark Elves.

~ Question of the Week ~

This Week's Question: What was the name of Oromë's horse?

Question:
Who wrote a famous lament for the Darkening of Valinor, and what was that lament called?

Correct Answer:
The lament was called Aldudénië and was written by the Vanya Elemmírë.

Last time Johny answered correctly (me "bullying" him into answering refers to me forcing him to actually post it after he answered it vocally on VC lol).

Presented by: HoverKing

~ More Media ~

You know us, we love sharing our progress and Twitter is the perfect place. Give us a good follow and always have something to look forward to on your daily scroll. Just to spice it up, comment your favorite parts of our builds at MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter. You won't be disappointed!

Sometimes you just want to enjoy some quality pictures, we got you covered. Head on over to our Facebook account, try following us there too Minecraft Middle-Earth

It doesn't matter if you just woke up or after a busy day at work; scrolling through Instagram and seeing a cool project you have worked on, or just amazing graphics from your favorite server on your favorite game- MCME's Instagram is the right place to be. Check it out at mcmiddleearth on Instagram, or this perfectly good link to take you straight there.

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ Closing Statement ~

That Update...
1621200094384.png

You're right, map- aside from the textures, we've gotten a lot of things done, and we're just getting started. We've got much more to look forward to in the summer!

Thanks and hope you enjoyed,
Shen

Excellent work, Times Team!

Quote from Christopher Lee, as Count Dooku
“I've been looking forward to this.”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times
mcmiddleearth.com​

Attachments

• 1621199313038.png
    1621199313038.png
    437.7 KB · Views: 174
Last edited: