• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~[05/17/2020]

Streamers and Chicken!
We are back and viral once again!
OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by Mapthor
Hey there lads and lasses, Mapthor here again for round two of the Editor’s Note! Two more weeks of Quarantine have passed since the last edition of the Times which means MCME got a lot of special attention. Our donations have been going through the roof recently, a whole bunch of promotions from Artist all the way up to Manager, and lots of new players due to some certain Twitch Streamers. The Server is back in full motion and it doesn’t look like it’ll stop anytime soon. Keep up all the great work everyone! It will all pay off in the end, trust me :)

Happy Sailing
-Mapthor

~ Project Progress ~

Anorien - Lead: @Oberanio | In Progress
Report by Monster_Duck

With the new 1.15 textures Anorien roads have received a bit of an overhaul. The quarry in Anorien has also been improved, and Anorien is really starting to look finished in many places. In addition, Xmine has redone many streams throughout Anorien.

Anorien 7.png

Moria: Fellowship's path – Lead: @DoctorDaom | In progress
Report by Mershy

Steady progress but progress nonetheless over here in Moria. Since Durin's Crossroads was recently finished, we have shifted attention over to The Great Mines now. Dav had already been busy building more wooden structures and now Myself and DoctorDaom have been working on another mineshaft concept for the upper levels. Despot has also returned and is hard at work. Finally, Bart has been retexturing some blocks for moria including some different stone and wood textures so we have that to look forward to as well.

Moria 7.png

Osgiliath – Lead: @ooitsbirdo | In progress
Report by Foolhardyfish

I'm writing this while watching the substitute for Eurovision this year and I hope that everyone is doing well and keeping safe in these strange times. Osgiliath is edging along and vegetation plots are hopefully on the horizon for next week. Ooits is (finally) taking charge, with the Dome of Stars closer to completion than ever. He also seems to have extensive plans for the walls coming along, so that is exciting.

Osgiliath 7.png

Featuring: ItsMeJade
~ Plug-in Development ~
Report by Soarz

Updates Coming your way
Info from Eriol_Eandur
  • I've been working on improved custom inventories with an new more vanilla like slab placement, blocks place-able on water and also introducing new feature to group blocks with similar textures.
  • Fixing many small issues in Architect plugin like preventing creation of bugged block states, blocking damage from ender pearls, fixed vanilla leave block placement, fixed unstable comparator states, added /rp <name> -force option, fixed flower placement in flower pots and boats removing lily pads.
  • Also fixed job plugin to support jobs with long names.
  • Now working on perks plugin to add some new perks by Fraspace (boats, parrots, compass) and galloping horse perk. Also fixed light perk.
  • Also trying to understand minigame issues to fix them.
  • I made a new resource pack for the dynmap to improve display of various regions (Minas Tirith, Lothlorien, Dol Amroth....) and new full render of dynmap with clean border settings on various servers.
  • Q installed MineSync plugin at the forum again to sync roles across the platforms.
  • Fraspace is doing a lot of development on Environment plugin to create a fitting atmosphere by sounds, weather and daytime regions.

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Keeping MCME running is not free, every month we have to pay $235 to keep up all our work. Donations help us keep doing what we love and providing you with amazing builds to look at. Donations are not required but greatly accepted, if you want to help us in our feat of rebuilding Middle Earth in Minecraft you can donate here.

Viewing Donation Drive: Community Costs

Our Donors
  • emperorpaul
  • MaddiganAllen
  • CaptainCatScratc
  • kiffar
  • JoeCraft54
  • Monster_Duck
  • ooitsbirdo
  • Mershy_
  • mapthor
  • Plingle
  • Rock_Strongo
  • _Luk
  • Soars
  • So_Very_Awake
  • Smaug_Niphredil
  • NicTheFifth
  • We also had 8 guests who gave to help this project, thank you for your contribution to the server! :)
#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

#NEWS
Twitch Streamers:

Since the last edition we have had a major influx of players and this is caused by our friendly streamer friends.

Giantwaffle: LINK

Lirik: LINK

Shortyyguy: LINK

Podcast
Report by Mapthor

Hey there everyone! It's time for a new edition of the MCME Podcast! Since Gadget stepped down a few weeks ago, Arothir decided to take over for him and host this month's Podcast. Hope you all enjoy :) all jabs at people mentioned in the podcast are all jokes, just gotta clarify that

May 2020 Podcast

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by JarNO_WAY

TeamPalladian: Please all welcome Teampalladian to the guide team! Our lovely ex-foreman decided to get a taste of the good life by applying for a position in the guide team, and after a long and weary trial period he was finally welcomed as an amazing addition to the guide team. Run tons of tours and minigames, and good luck Palla!
Promotion

NicoviçTheSixth: The manager rank surely is starting to grow now! Nicoviç has always been an esteemed part of our community, and now that he applied for manager, he’ll be an official staff member of MCME. Good luck managing our server, Nic, and congratulations!
Promotion

Draonic_Slayer: Big congrats on gaining the rank of artist, Draonic! As one of the elder commoners, he surely wasn’t a new face on the server, and therefore it’s all the better to see him pick up a task on the server. Good luck building beautiful stuff Draonic!
Promotion

Lacotax: Its been a long time coming, so please give a warm clap to our new member to the artist team. A combination of his crazy builds and planning will be something to watch out for in these coming days.
Promotion
~ Interviews ~

Interview with @Mershy

Question 1. What was your first time on the server like?
I remember entering the server and being welcomed by Dyno I believe. From there, I wandered around the shire looking at all the nice details before teleporting to a few other places. Just that initial welcome from people in the community was really nice and warming.

Question 2. What made you go for your current rank?
Passion really. I enjoy creating ideas and thinking about design choices. Working together with other people and to also get anyone involved in building. I wanted to support and help the community and I saw the passion and the commitment during my first hours around the server.

Question 3. What is the weirdest thing that has happened to you on the server
There are a few. Many hilarious voice chat discussions with Leblanc, Daom and Bart. Piling into a bathroom and sitting in the bath with a few other people. Even being sacrificed by a cult

Question 4. What's your favorite places on MCME?
Dol Amroth, Calembel, Moria of course, Osgiliath. Some really beautiful places that are always amazing to explore and I love suggesting these for other people to visit

Question 5. Are you a cat or a dog person?
Both but I currently have two cats called Caesar and Gizmo

Question 6. Is there anything you want to say to your fans on MCME?
I have fans?

Interviewer: Soarz

~ Winners of the Fortnight ~

This week we have another round of amazing builds and Media posts. We only choose from the best every time, so hard work does pay off. Sometimes it can get competitive and that is what will win a place here. Please give a warm welcome to this Times, winners of this week.

MEDIA Winners:

Guys please, stop. You’re tormenting, torpedoing me with these countless topnotch screenshots. Do you have any idea how much time it takes to organize them all? Do you have no compassion?
All jokes aside, this week had a lot of very high quality screenshots. And of course, I did not have the heart to choose a select number, so I chose 25 media items. Not all were screenshots.
This is yet another edition with another winner than Xmine! And not because Xmine has slowed down, or because the quality has decreased, but because someone else put even more effort in creating amazing content - check out the album below to check who I am speaking of.

On a different note, to all you amazing screenshotters (@Xmine01 @Mithrilled @Lindolas @RRe36 @DingusWingus366 @V1rtuou5 @JarNO_WAY or @_Lord_Of_Squids_ @GingerlyGinger1 and @Mershy_ and more): do check out the screenshot contest! The submissions will also be taken into account for the Media Winners.

THEME-BUILD Winners
This week many players attempted to build an old mill, but few people made it into this week’s Imgur album. This week’s winner of the fortnight is CornyCobb.

Other honorable mentions can also be found within the Imgur.

~ Lore of the Week ~
The Great Eagles:
The Eagles were birds that served as messengers of Manwë. Among those were the Great Eagles, immense birds who were sentient and capable of speech, and often helped Men, Elves and Wizards in the quests to defeat evil. They were "devised" by Manwë Súlimo, King of the Valar, and were often called the Eagles of Manwë.
They were sent from Valinor to Middle-earth to keep an eye on the exiled Ñoldor, and on their foe the evil Vala Morgoth.
At the command of Manwë, for a time the Lord of the Eagles, Thorondor kept his eyries at the top of Thangorodrim, the volcano above Angband itself]. While they lived there, Thorondor helped Fingon rescue Maedhros. Many years later, three of the Great Eagles came to the aid of Beren and Lúthien, bearing them away from Thangorodrim after both had drained their strength in the Quest for the Silmaril. Thorondor's folk later removed their eyries to the Crissaegrim, part of the Echoriad about Gondolin. There they were friends of Turgon, keeping spies off the mountains, bringing him news and keeping spies off the borders. Because of their guardianship, the Orcs were unable to approach either the nearby mountains, or the important ford of Brithiach to the south;] their watch had been redoubled after the coming of Tuor, enabling Gondolin to remain undiscovered the longest of all Elven realms. When the city fell at last, the eagles of Thorondor protected the fugitives, driving away the orcs that ambushed them at Cirith Thoronath, the Eagles' Cleft north of Gondolin.
Thorondor wounded Morgoth in the face after Morgoth's battle with Fingolfin, and he carried Fingolfin's body to the Echoriath, where he was buried by Fingon.
The Eagles fought alongside the army of the Valar, Elves and Edain during the War of Wrath at the end of the First Age. After the appearance of winged dragons, all the great birds gathered under Thorondor to Eärendil, and destroyed the majority of the dragons.
By the end of the Third Age, a colony under the Gwaihir lived in the northern parts of the Misty Mountains who mostly nested upon the eastward slopes not far from the High Pass leading from Rivendell, and thus in the direct vicinity of the Goblin-town beneath; they often afflicted the goblins and disrupted their plans.
These Eagles helped the Elves of Rivendell and Radagast in watching the land and in gathering news about the Orcs. As a result of feeding on the sheep of the local Woodmen of Mirkwood, their relationship was not good and the Eagles were afraid of their bows.
Those rescued Thorin's company from a band of Goblins and Wargs and carried them to the Carrock and some days later they espied the mustering of goblins all over the Mountains, to be gathered under the Great Eagle in the Battle of Five Armies near Erebor. It was only with their help that the Dwarves, Men and Elves managed to defeat the goblins. The Great Eagle became King of All Birds.
The Eagles appeared in great numbers at the Battle of the Morannon, helping the Host of the West against the Nazgûl. Several of them rescued Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee from Mount Doom after the One Ring had been destroyed.

~ Question of the Week ~

This Week's Question:
What physical quality were the Vanyar known for?

Question:
Which one of Feanor’s sons survived the longest?

Correct Answer:
Maglor

And the winner for this week is, Dolphin0xyz, with Ardelina coming in second, if only Ard had spelt his name right!

Presented by: Arothir Alamáreo

~ More Media ~

You know us, we love sharing our progress and Twitter is the perfect place. Give us a good follow and always have something to look forward to on your daily scroll. Just to spice it up, comment your favorite parts of our builds at

MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter . You won't be disappointed!

Sometimes you just want to enjoy some quality pictures, we got you covered. Head on over to our Facebook account, try following us there too Minecraft Middle-Earth

It doesn't matter if you just woke up or after a busy day at work; scrolling through Instagram and seeing a cool project you have worked on, or just amazing graphics from your favorite server on your favorite game. MCME's Instagram is the right place to be. Check it out at mcmiddleearch on Instagram, or this perfectly good link to take you straight there.

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ Advertisements ~
Artist
Ahh yes. We all know the question. “How can I build?", As well as the responses “You can try a theme build” and “You can take part in jobs." The other answer is “Apply for Artist”, and the last option is by far the most exciting. Being able to build in your favorite places all the time. Sounds awesome. We can never have enough Artists, and with a wide range of current projects, there’s plenty for you to do!
Are you inspired to join MCME’s main build rank? You can apply for Artist/ today on the forums! The Managers, Designers and current Artists will work with you and help you on your journey.

Guide
Or perhaps, you’re not a builder. Well. That’s not a problem! Becoming A guide is obviously the better option anyway. As a Guide, you’re the forefront of MCME, and there’s no greater feeling than when someone says your tour was awesome. You don’t actually have to be a lore nerd either, you’ll pick up on lots really quickly.
When you join the Guides, you’ll be giving tours, running mini-games and testing players in lore quizzes, or if you prefer less “on the spot” stuff, Guidebooks are obviously your zen, or helping to tell MCME about MCME by writing up articles in the times. You’ll also plan help plan events such as The Summer Events and The Anniversary Events. We hope you join us soon, because us Guides really would love some more of us. What’re you waiting for?
Just click Guide and apply today!

~ Closing Statement ~

“Awake, chaos: we have napped.” - E.E. Cummings, Complete Poems, 1913-1962 and with that quote you’re probably expecting something really inspiring and deep. I’m here to tell you that I have nothing - I just thought it was funny, though I could probably think of something. But, I think that’s important to realize that we all have our off days (or weeks or months). Not every week is stellar just like not every book wins an award or not every actor gets the role. Sometimes we fall and we find it hard to get back up but that’s okay. I think (maybe it’s just me) that we have this notion that when we fall we have to immediately get back up or that we shouldn’t need any help to get back up. It takes some time but I don’t really think that’s true. As we’ve seen over this pandemic, humans in nature are very social. We’re not supposed to live and struggle through life alone. Thank you for listening to my rant this week, if you’ve been reading the past couple of Times editions you might have noticed that I’ve been doing the closing statements and every week I like to put a little of my experience or some lessons into them. And I hope, if you read them, you might find these things enlightening or inspiring. That being said I’ve taken up a ton of your time this week so: until we meet again may your days be light and stay safe! Regards, awaywind.

Great job for the Times Team, who did what they had to do, great job!

Quote from JRRT
”If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times
mcmiddleearth.com​

First off, never been mentioned in the Times so much in my life, I reckon. But I'll be honest, part of the reason why was probably because I counted three screenshots that weren't actually mine that got honorable mentions in my name, haha
Edit: The ones that aren't mine (but are in my name) are three, four, and 12.

MEDIA Winners:

Guys please, stop. You’re tormenting, torpedoing me with these countless topnotch screenshots. Do you have any idea how much time it takes to organize them all? Do you have no compassion?
All jokes aside, this week had a lot of very high quality screenshots. And of course, I did not have the heart to choose a select number, so I chose 25 media items. Not all were screenshots.
This is yet another edition with another winner than Xmine! And not because Xmine has slowed down, or because the quality has decreased, but because someone else put even more effort in creating amazing content - check out the album below to check who I am speaking of.

On a different note, to all you amazing screenshotters (@Xmine01 @Mithrilled @Lindolas @RRe36 @DingusWingus366 @V1rtuou5 @JarNO_WAY or @_Lord_Of_Squids_ @GingerlyGinger1 and @Mershy_ and more): do check out the screenshot contest! The submissions will also be taken into account for the Media Winners.
Embarrasingly enough, I gave credits to the wrong person under a screenshot... at least times three. If there are more misnomers, please tell me.

Don't get mad at me, Ginger bribed me and threatened me to get credits for Xmine's screenshots!