• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ [06/15/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
qZRemZY.png

General Update

Well it seems like the general public cant decide between the left or center orientation according to last weeks poll. I thought about trying everything to the right instead but that would be silly and counter Beyoncé intuitive as, it should be, to the left. Anyways, if you are feeling like you know nothing about what is happening in the community right now, fear not, for the MCME Times, as always, will educate you in the most enriching and fulfilling manor that I can possibly come up. So sit back, relax, turn on the season finale of Game of Thrones, and enjoy the Eleventh Edition of the MCME Times

Project Plans

j94vFfDlutN4t.jpg

Minas Tirith (Done): To answer the worlds question of "is Minas Tirith built yet?", the answer can finally be a resounding "YES" on the MCME build server. Congratulations to @Glovenator and @wheelleee for winning the Pink Palace Contest. More importantly, congratulations to @Credoo, @Homie , and @Despot for finishing their project as well as to all of the community members who partook in making this vision a reality.

Osgiliath (In Progress): For every house that is built, it seems as though another layout is put down as progress refuses to halt in Osgiliath. Keep an eye out for the frequent jobs that are being run with this project, but otherwise check the project thread for more details on how you can help contribute yourself.

Cair Andros (In Progress): Various buildings continue to sprout up in the military stronghold of Cair Andros. Be sure to check out the wonderful stables, barracks, and other various builds that have been done this week by artists and staff.

Ithilien (In Progress): You can now visit the secret waterfall base of Henneth Annûn as the interior is now done (though the surrounding area still lacks vegetation). Otherwise the plateau and rivers were recently finished and work on the low lands below is continuing. There is an open Treebuild Freebuild going on so be sure to check the thread in the project section of the forums for a job that runs 24/7.

Media of the Week

This week goes to @SugarKoala and her screenshot of the "Grond Canyon." For more information about this mishap, check out the "Blunder of the Week" section below:
u0QYGjx.png

Build of the Week

Starting Next Week

Status Updates

Promotions:
SugarKoala (aka Lizzy) was promoted to Foreman so congratulations! And Fireinferno13 (me) was promoted to Steward!

Resignation: Ma5terMinD and BrotherAlex were both demoted recently from Steward due to inactivity. We hope they come visit us again soon.

Community Outreach

Fable of the Five Wizards: This week the map was rereleased on version 1.5 and includes a lot of fixes and improvements for your gaming pleasure! Be sure to read up about it more HERE if you want to get the newest edition of the map.
feature-jpg.179

Gondor Trailer
: Have you seen the Gondor Trailer created by @freshmilkymilk ? It does a great job of highlighting the current Gondor builds while simultaneously calling people to aid the server!

Journalists Wanted
: If you are interested in writing a section for the MCME Times, please message me on the forums with your idea for a guest column to be included in future editions. This can be anything from a brand new section, to taking over a current section that you think you can do better which, lets be honest, you probably can if you put your mind to it

Times Feedback: Have a thought concerning the presentation of the MCME Times and how it can be improved? Because I am always looking for new ways to mix up and improve the Times experience through any means necessary and, if you have a comment or concern, its likely that someone else had it as well and just didnt say anything about it. So be sure to message me your thoughts on the forums.

Blunder of the Week: This week goes to @foxyyy1 and an unknown stencil saver. Foxyyy, upon loading a stencil titled "Grond" created by an unknown staff member, accidentally hard crashed the server as an entire Themed Build was pasted in onto the build server. Spanning from the White Mountains to the Druadan Forest to the Nindalf marshes, the stencil created what was soon referred to as "The Grond Canyon". This action was then topped by trying to load the same stencil on the freebuild server, crashing that as well, simultaneously depriving people of MCME for a solid 3 days. Luckily all of the damage was repaired and there were no hard feelings :)

Quote of the Week: This week goes to superminer4563 who thought that everything on our server looks better in default. How an orange Helms Deep looks good, I have no clue. But here is a screenshot of the action brought to us by @aaldim
6a6ec4.png

Development Post

Finished: Both block breaks and graphical problems concerning fire are now fixed. Also, items no longer appear in flower pots.

Meet the Ranger

Since I have done all of the "Meet the Staff" posts that were given to me, I thought we could mix things up and do "Meet the Ranger," so I hope you enjoy!

Name: @gigo09

How did you find out about MCME and when did you join? So there I was, sitting in my room browsing Youtube when *BAM* a new video of outside the blocks appeared in my sub-box. I remember watching it and as soon as Jesse reached Isengard I paused the video and went to apply for white-list (which I got the very same day). That was the 13 nov 2012.

What was it like when you were a thrall/commoner (droog/member)? Any nostalgic moments?
Well, I remember just sitting in TS chuckling at the random nonsense that played out and trying to get people to notice me. I didn't really talk until almost a year after I got white-listed but I still had some really funny moments on TS and on Main/Freebuild.

Why did you apply/shoot for Ranger in particular?
'Cus I can't build fo shiz.

What is your favorite thing about MCME?
The community and the people behind the monitors, without them MCME wouldn't be what it is. XOXO luv u guys

Do you have any other hobbies outside of MCME (besides MC and gaming)?
Well I enjoy free-diving and scuba-diving, basically anything that's in water. And as a swede I make sure to always roll some meatballs and assemble some Ikea furniture once a week.

Closing Statement

I hoped, as always, that you enjoyed this weeks edition of the MCME. Although the White City may finally be done, there is still a huge amount of progress occurring across the region of Gondor. More importantly, there are new projects and big community changes on the way so stay tuned to the forums as I am sure some things will be popping up sooner or later! There are even rumors of a secret project in the works right now that promises to blow your socks off.

"Yeah, I don't necessarily like endings that contrive an artificial moment of completion."
-Daniel Clowes

Last edited:
Possible idea: for those of us with lower positions (i.e. artists, rangers, commoners, thralls), just have a "meet the mcme-er" thread?

So, it's weird that a 14 yo can make you giggle? Do I sense some age racism, hm?... HM?

It's just that people younger than me don't often make me laugh. I'm not particularly good in social situations with people younger than me. It's like I'm a 20 year old trapped in a 16 year old's body :(

Status
Not open for further replies.