• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ [06/22/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
qZRemZY.png

General Update

Though it may be hard for you to turn your attention away from the FIFA World Cup that is happening right now, I for one can say thanks for taking the time to read this edition of the Times! I apologize for not having more country options above as unfortunately the poll only lets so many options. I will be sure to post another one when we are down to the quarter finals and such. Otherwise, there are a lot of project developments to post as always as well as community updates concerning MCME media and its upkeep. So sit back, turn on a soccer match, and enjoy the Twelfth Edition of the MCME Times.

Project Plans

xjsnjgb-jpg.290

Minas Tirith (Done)

Osgiliath (In Progress): Work to the left of the palace is continuing in the Rich District of Osgiliath. If you are interested in building a house for the city, please feel free to ask a staff member to run a job or work on the Osgo freebuild to potentially join the Osgo Build Team. Several buildings have also been pasted into the Military District which will be the final piece.

Cair Andros (In Progress): Several more builds have been constructed in the military fortress including a ruined tower, some roads, trees, and other buildings. Be sure to warp to "CA" to see the current progress.

Ithilien (In Progress): There are now three secret ranger camps in Ithilien, whether you can find them or not is another thing. Work on the treebuilds is continuing and getting closer to being done, so be sure to construct a tree to be used in all of the future forests before it is too late. Otherwise progress is continuing on the lowlands, including the Harad Road and The Cross-Road.

Paths of the Dead (NEW): That is right, the Paths of the Dead is now in progress under the leadership of @Despot . Currently most of the work is done with voxel and artist labor at the moment but be sure to keep an eye out on the thread to see what you can do to help in the future as there will be lots of stuff to do!

Media of the Week

This week goes to @Glovenator for his screenshot of Caras Galadhon at day and night
ixFPggF6X6RdE.png

il3q8hiInYX5V.png

Build of the Week

Coming Soon

Status Updates

Promotions:
None

Resignation: None

Community Outreach

Planet Minecraft Page: Our Planet Minecraft page was recently updated HERE. If you really want to support this server and help us gain recognition, be sure to vote for us as a top server in the link right under the name! I just did it myself so you should too!
13974_2.gif

Facebook Page: Have you checked out the MCME Facebook page? It is updated almost daily and provides not only great updates on the server, but also top screenshots, builds, promotions, and more! In other words, be sure to like us HERE.

Fable of the Five Wizards: Last week the map was rereleased on version 1.5 and includes a lot of fixes and improvements for your gaming pleasure! Be sure to read up about it more HERE if you want to get the newest edition of the map.
feature-jpg.179

Blunder of the Week: Nothing this week quite topped the Grond Canyon, but there was a bit of confusion on whether or not Valar are robots or human beings. It all began when when OB was told to google a map of Middle Earth to get to his destination, his response was logical of course:
"icecreamfloat1: is iru pre programmed or a real person"

Quote of the Week: This week goes to Iru_ and kenny2818 for this little back and forth about a thrall struggling in his love life for, well, unknown reasons.
LS0u8QB.png

Journalists Wanted: If you are interested in writing a section for the MCME Times, please message me on the forums with your idea for a guest column to be included in future editions. This can be anything from a brand new section, to taking over a current section that you think you can do better which, lets be honest, you probably can if you put your mind to it

Times Feedback: Have a thought concerning the presentation of the MCME Times and how it can be improved? Because I am always looking for new ways to mix up and improve the Times experience through any means necessary and, if you have a comment or concern, its likely that someone else had it as well and just didnt say anything about it. So be sure to message me your thoughts on the forums.

Meet the Ranger

Since I have done all of the "Meet the Staff" posts that were given to me, I thought we could mix things up and do "Meet the Ranger," so I hope you enjoy!

Name: @kyzcool

How did you find out about MCME and when did you join? I found MCME for the first time back in mid 2011 when looking through the planetminecraft website, looking for cool server that I could join. I wasn't that much into minecraft and sadly, I forgot about the server for many months after. However, with Jesse Cox doing his second video about MCME, I decided that I should check out MCME. I finally joined in January 2012. It was a great time to join (joining now is still a great) as everyone was getting ready to do Rohan and just completed doing the great forest of lothelorien.

What was it like when you were a thrall/commoner (droog/member)? Any nostalgic moments? The first thing i remember about join was that i first logged on in the early morning, and I remember ImtheProof doing a job, (back then i swear that members use to do jobs). He rounded a few of us droogs and did a grassing job in the shire. It was a great feeling doing a job for the first time. The second great memory was the great build day of Helms deep. There was about 198 people on at one time, all building the great landmark in less than 20 minutes (most of it). After, we had a massive battle at helms deep with droogs and members vs the staff. We later took our battle to moria, where we had the great battle of Moria. The final memory i have was in the September 2012, I was given the job of building tons of stalls for the shire, under the command of Foreman Devilius. It was great during the first few months being here!

Why did you apply/shoot for Ranger in particular?
Ever since mid 2012, I aimed to get the ranger rank, just because i love helping people out as much as possible. With this goal, i researched alot into lore about middle earth and tried to improve my charisma (which im sure hasn't improved!). But when i finally got the ranger rank back in january, ive been so happy to reach my goal and the only way to go now is up. I love my rank very much and the longer as im a ranger, the more i get to know this community like the back of my hand!

What is your favorite thing about MCME?
You guys. Without the people here who I've met, i would have switched to another server or potentially left minecraft altogether. The community which i have been a part of now for 2 and a half years has changed so much, with many new faces but many older ones still staying around. It has been a privilege to meet every single one of you.

Do you have any other hobbies outside of MCME (besides MC and gaming)?
Yep! I'm an avid sportsman with huge interests in Football, Rugby, Swimming and golf fan. I'm a huge fan of movies, and not critical and judgmental when watching movies. I love partying (of course many of you have seen the aftermath of me!) and hanging out with my friends. Other than that, not much else i do. Oh wait! I forgot about TV, I love TV such breaking bad, How i met your mother, Top Gear, Doctor who and Game of thrones. I think that covers it!

Thanks you guys for the time, Catch me around, I'm happy to have a chat! Also, Let me know if you want a tour!

Closing Statement

So ya, lots of progress in the community itself but also some great opportunities to support the server elsewhere. Be sure to keep up to date on the forums to see all of the changes occur so that they do not pass you bye! Sorry for the short version this week but I am actually on a small vacation at the moment and dont have as much time!

"Soccer is simple, but it is difficult to play simple."
-Johan Cruijff

Last edited:
What exactly do votes do? On the other 2 servers I play on you get things in-game if you vote, so I don't know votes' effects out of game.

Status
Not open for further replies.