• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ [06/29/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
qZRemZY.png

General Update

Vote for MCME here! It takes 20 seconds on Planet Minecraft to vote for MCME as a top server and the more votes we get, the more recognition and attention we can draw as a community. Now that we got that out of the way, welcome to the FIFA 2014 World Cup MCME for another edition of the sunday times. This week we had, as always, a bunch of different project and community updates that are to be summed up on this page for your viewing pleasure. Rather then rambling on in the intro, lets get down to business. So sit back, relax, turn on your recorded FIFA match on DVR, and enjoy the Lucky Number Thirteen Edition of the MCME Times.

Project Plans

1VGJihy.png

Osgiliath (In Progress): With most of the houses in the rich district finished, the project turns to focus on the Military District across the way. This includes locations such as the forge, barracks, stables and more. Be sure to keep an eye out for @Will_em and @wodleth as they are likely to run more on site jobs building houses, decorations, roads, and more.

Cair Andros (In Progress): A variety of planned structures and housing have been set up in Cair Andros this week and will likely be completed soon so be sure to keep an eye on that and look out for ways in which you can help @Thatruben and @freshmilkymilk

Ithilien (In Progress): There are now a total of six secret ranger camps in Ithilien (yes this is a challenge). Otherwise major progress is being made on the lowlands as the last bits of terrain comes to a close and details start to be added to locations such as the Cross-Roads. Be sure to warp to Ithilien to check out all of the brand new features.

Paths of the Dead (In Progress): The labyrinth that is the Paths of the Dead is continuing to develop at Dimholt. Currently most of the work is done by staff members with voxel and artist help, but be sure to look out for ways to involved yourself in the future. Until then, feel free to get lost in the tunnels!

Media of the Week

This week features the screenshots of Rivendell done by @MrScarface981
T1iIH9C.png

jaQkFCQ.png

Build of the Week

Introducing a new section where I will choose my favorite build from the week's building and post it here. Though I might not have all the fancy shaders of fresh, hopefully I can capture the creative genius of the featured player. This week goes to @jacenpeter who designed the desecrated statue at the Cross Roads!
jrw9WJPOE88Iw.png

Status Updates

Promotions:
None

Resignation: None

Community Outreach

Shaboozey Buildday: Yesterday, many staff members of MCME participated in a large scale build day over at Shaboozey. Instructed to build the main castle, the participants worked all day and night to construct this as fast as they could and, though it isnt done, the project so far looks great so congratulations to all those who participated. We also won the award for "Most Sane Team" for the fact that MCME Staff are not, in fact, psycho.
jmXMukonccBiP.png

Planet Minecraft Page
: As stated before, please vote for us every day HERE. This helps draw attention and commemoration towards the server and is really appreciated by the community. So do your part and support MCME! Plus we have this really cool banner designed by @ScoobyDeezy so thats pretty cool!
13974_2.gif

Facebook Page: Have you checked out the MCME Facebook page? It is updated almost daily and provides not only great updates on the server, but also top screenshots, builds, promotions, and more! In other words, be sure to like us HERE.

Fable of the Five Wizards: Running on version 1.5 be sure to download the map and read up about it more HERE if you want to get the newest edition.

Blunder of the Week: This week goes to @Credoo who lost a dragon over the White Mountains. Some say it still roams the snow covered hills, while others say they have heard the thunderous wings all the way in the shire. Dead or alive, we will never know!
joQ8jiq6zPdPF.png

Quote of the Week: Proof that MCME may not be fore the weaker of hearts, into only took this thrall 7 minutes before rage quitting, never to be seen again! The quote was provided by @DSESGH :
-Droog-: THIS IS SO BORING I JUST WANT TO GO TO THIS SERVER (A different server name)
Jetfire301: cool. then leave.
Fireinferno13: go then
proton_gamer: there's nothing stopping you
-Droog-: ok I WILL GO BY!
-Droog- left the game.

Journalists Wanted: If you are interested in writing a section for the MCME Times, please message me on the forums with your idea for a guest column to be included in future editions. This can be anything from a brand new section, to taking over a current section that you think you can do better which, lets be honest, you probably can if you put your mind to it

Times Feedback: Have a thought concerning the presentation of the MCME Times and how it can be improved? Because I am always looking for new ways to mix up and improve the Times experience through any means necessary and, if you have a comment or concern, its likely that someone else had it as well and just didnt say anything about it. So be sure to message me your thoughts on the forums.

Meet the Ranger

Name: @Indorilian

How did you find out about MCME and when did you join?

Like many of you, I discovered MCME way back around the time of Jesse Cox's second video. However, I didn't have a legit minecraft account at the time, so I sighed and went back to what I was doing at the time. Later, in early 2013, I rediscovered the server through the third Jesse Cox video. I finally stopped putting it off and bought a legit account, applied, and was accepted but the end of the day.

What was it like when you were a thrall/commoner (droog/member)? Any nostalgic moments?
When I joined, it was a month or so before the announcement of MCME 2.0, so there was very little to actually do on the server. I don't think I ever did a job until the new map was released. Even so, I still hung around, and participated in tours and a lot ( and I mean A LOT) of theme builds to pass the time.
Some nostalgic moments for me came almost immediately after I joined. I still remember my first tour with Jake, and well as spending 3 1/2 hours trying to get through Moria with another thrall who rage quit halfway through and was never seen again.

Why did you apply/shoot for Ranger in particular?

I applied for Ranger for a few reasons. First of all, at the time of my advancement, I had tried 6 months to get Artist, and never got it. Therefore, I switched my focus to Ranger. I also was drawn to the group since I first came on the server, and became fast friends with Jake, Mute, and Cef. They showed me the ropes, and I owe a lot to those guys.

What is your favorite thing about MCME?

My favorite thing about MCME has to be the community. Whether it be clans, guilds, or other servers, I have never in my life found an online community as driven and as friendly as this one. It has gotten to the point now where I can't imagine my life without you people <3 , and I cannot wait to see what becomes of the server in the coming years.

Do you have any other hobbies outside of MCME (besides MC and gaming)?

I am a huge fan of Legos, and have built things from Star Destroyers the AT-AT (Star Wars Lego's btw :D). I also like swimming and trampolines. Finally, I like to read various book series, from Lord of the Rings to Harry Potter to ASOIAF.

Closing Statement

There are some major project advancements this week as well as some great opportunities to stay in touch with MCME outside of just the server presented in this weeks edition. And remember, dont get too sad when the Netherlands beats your team and takes the FIFA World Cup, because we all know its coming!

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
-Abraham Lincoln

Last edited:
Btw if anyone find's Helga please contact an adult to deal with her. She is big, black with a bit of grey, she has two huge wings and a bad temper. Last seen around the White mountains. She may or may not be heading towards the lonely mountain. Please find her before she eats anymore unsuspecting oathbreakers.

Btw if anyone find's Helga please contact an adult to deal with her. She is big, black with a bit of grey, she has two huge wings and a bad temper. Last seen around the White mountains. She may or may not be heading towards the lonely mountain. Please find her before she eats anymore unsuspecting oathbreakers.
This ender dragon will become a legend in mcme, thralls will tell tales forever.

Will there be match where the whole world realizes that 22 people running after a ball is actually less exciting than watching paint dry?
Cause I'd be excited to watch that one.
Or yah know, people find different things interesting? I could say the same about anything you like.

This ender dragon will become a legend in mcme, thralls will tell tales forever.
I'm pretty sure thralls won't even remember this blunder, but we loremasters can tell thrilling tales to the children when we have our festivals in Hobbiton!

Status
Not open for further replies.