• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ [07/06/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
qZRemZY.png

General Update

Have you voted for MCME on Planet Minecraft yet? If not it will take you just 20 seconds to vote for MCME as a top server. Like every week, there was a lot of progress on the World Cup server this week as teams were eliminated projects were worked on. There have also been significantly more jobs for everyone to partake on this week thanks to the hard work of our foreman and other staff members. Otherwise it is time to dish out the progress report for MCME for this past week. I will be gone for the next two weeks so there will be NO Times for the next two weeks. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the Fourteenth Edition of the MCME Times.

Project Plans

Dly6gfQ.jpg

Osgiliath (In Progress): Jobs are being constantly run in Osgiliath this week and next as the final two districts get closer and closer to being officially deemed "done". In other words, be sure to look out for job opportunities building walls, houses, roads, gardens and more with @Will_em , @wodleth , @Tryfor34

Cair Andros (In Progress): Cair Andros is inching towards completion at this point as the last few builds are being constructed. All that is left are roads, trees, and a structure or two. Keep an eye out for the upcoming builds!

Ithilien (In Progress): Progress continues to North Ithilien as trees are pasted, villages are built, and roads are added to connect the dots. In other words, there are plenty of jobs going on right now so be sure to keep an eye out for opportunities to help. And who knows, maybe you will find a ranger camp along the way!

Paths of the Dead (In Progress): The labyrinth that is the Paths of the Dead is continuing to develop at Dimholt. Currently most of the work is done by staff members with voxel and artist help, but be sure to look out for ways to involved yourself in the future. Until then, feel free to get lost in the tunnels!

Media of the Week

Curious what the staff were doing on Shaboozey's server this past week? Well here is the work in progress of a result. MCME Staff members were charged with the massive project of constructing the main castle and surrounding walls which, as you can imagine, took quite a lot of time, effort, and man power just to get this far! Well done guys!
jfrCCBWGG080D.png

Build of the Week

This week goes to @foxyyy1 who created and implemented a village concept to be used all across North Ithilien. It includes a mix of pointy and curved roof tops, green shingles, and lots of small cobble walls and gardens to add character and excitement. Thanks fox for your work!
jlYQonmAHVRNc.png

Status Updates

Promotions:
@Tryfor34 was promoted to Foreman and @MuddyDirt was promoted to Artist! Congratulations to you both!

Resignation: None

Community Outreach

Facebook Page
: Have you checked out the MCME Facebook page? It is updated almost daily and provides not only great updates on the server, but also top screenshots, builds, promotions, and more! In other words, be sure to like us HERE.

Shaboozey Buildday
: Many staff members of MCME participated in a large scale build day over at Shaboozey. Instructed to build the main castle, the participants worked all day and night to construct this as fast as they could and, though it isnt done, the project so far looks great so congratulations to all those who participated. We also won the award for "Most Sane Team" for the fact that MCME Staff are not, in fact, psycho.
jmXMukonccBiP.png

Planet Minecraft Page
: As stated before, please vote for us every day HERE. This helps draw attention and commemoration towards the server and is really appreciated by the community. So do your part and support MCME! Plus we have this really cool banner designed by @ScoobyDeezy so thats pretty cool!
13974_2.gif

Fable of the Five Wizards: Running on version 1.5 be sure to download the map and read up about it more HERE if you want to get the newest edition.

Blunder of the Week: Did you ever wonder how staff got so good at voxel and world edit? Did you ever think you suck at voxel and world edit? Well have no fear, because @jacenpeter sucks at voxel and is somehow staff:
kYUmf7Y.png

Quote of the Week: This week goes to dex_dragon for making a pretty creative nickname. Thanks shen for capturing this wonderful screenshot!
qtLwuuh.png

Journalists Wanted: If you are interested in writing a section for the MCME Times, please message me on the forums with your idea for a guest column to be included in future editions. This can be anything from a brand new section, to taking over a current section that you think you can do better which, lets be honest, you probably can if you put your mind to it

Times Feedback: Have a thought concerning the presentation of the MCME Times and how it can be improved? Because I am always looking for new ways to mix up and improve the Times experience through any means necessary and, if you have a comment or concern, its likely that someone else had it as well and just didnt say anything about it. So be sure to message me your thoughts on the forums.

Meet the Ranger

Name: @DarthRagnar

How did you find out about MCME and when did you join?

Back in the spring of 2012 I was trying to come up with ideas for what my brothers and I should build on our server. I thought "Why not something LOTR?", so I Googled "Minecraft Middle Earth" and found MCME. I applied and was whitelisted on May 9th, 2012.

What was it like when you were a thrall/commoner (droog/member)? Any nostalgic moments?

Things were quite a bit different when I first joined. Back then we didn't have things like job plugins to protect the world and various types of griefing was much more common. Also when I joined Magic Carpet was still being used and there was player housing in Bree. I have lots of nostalgic moments from the past, but the one that stands out the most to me is being chased around the server by Doebi3d.

Why did you apply/shoot for Ranger in particular?

I actually never had any intention of getting any rank higher than Commoner. Back in the day there was no application for Ranger. You could let staff know of your interest, but that was it. As I said, I never stated in interest in any rank, but after awhile staff started PMing me about being either an Artist or a Ranger. I've never thought myself much of a builder, so I said that Ranger interested me more although I was perfectly happy as Commoner. Shortly after that I was asked by the staff to be a Ranger and was promoted Feb. 20th, 2013.

What is your favorite thing about MCME?

I know this is the cliche answer, but The MCME Community. The fact that people from all over the world can get together to play a game and have this much fun never ceases to amaze me.

Do you have any other hobbies outside of MCME (besides MC and gaming)?

I'm an avid sports fan and support the Minnesota Vikings, Minnesota United FC, and ACF Fiorentina. I enjoy drawing. (You can see my artwork here.) Another big hobby of mine is Magic: The Gathering, the greatest trading card game ever created. I also enjoy studying history and am currently an interpreter at a local historical site.

Closing Statement

A final reminder to everyone that I will be gone for a full two weeks as of Monday so it is unlikely that there will be an issue of the MCME Times during this period as I will be very far away from my keyboard. Until then, dont have too much fun while I am gone and go build some LotR!

You know, let's put it this way, if all the people in Hollywood who have had plastic surgery, if they went on vacation, there wouldn't be a person left in town.
-Michel Jackson

Last edited:
I find being secretly insane is more fun than letting everyone know you're nuts. Is this the strategy the staff is using, or are you genuinely sane?

Hmm ... You must be a prophet because the match is very balanced (and Julio Cesar is having the best *cough*last*cough* match of his life)

I don't know why but I suddenly just feel like Germany is going to win...
I have no idea what made me think that...
How comes?? Its not like Germany id winning well this would be crazy, right?

I find being secretly insane is more fun than letting everyone know you're nuts. Is this the strategy the staff is using, or are you genuinely sane?

I think everyone who strives to recreate a imaginary world in the form of minecraft blocks has to be at least a little bit insane :). So I leave it up to you to guess whether I am sane or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.