• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~ The MCME Times ~ [07/25/2021]

Delays!
But the show must go on!
OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by Mapthor
G’day mates, and welcome back to another edition of The MCME Times. So I’m currently typing this at a grad party that I can’t escape, but I gotta do my job or else Shen will mald. So let’s get my job done, shall we? Tonight on our Minecraft server: Givet pushes back the Summer Events, I go insane building the Mini Middle-Earth race, and Effie exports the 15th edition of the newest YouTube Showcase. All of this and more on The MCME Times!

Happy Sailing,
Mapthor

~ Project Progress ~

Anorien - Lead: @draonic_slayer | In Progress
Report by Draonic_Slayer

Big progress in Pelennor Fields with the last of the old buildings being removed and the terrain underneath it being hand smoothed. A small hamlet south of the main village in the fields has also been started, with about half of the houses being completed. Rudolphius and Green_Giant have continued detailing the main village, adding more house details and exterior details. In Anorien, more of the terrain colouring plots have been completed, and loads more is to be handed out. Additionally, due to the generous "donations" from Thamso and w0rld, I have also started experimenting with forest concepts to start adding to Anorien.
SPOILER_unknown.png

2021-07-24_10.08.52.png

Cair Andros – Lead: @Andrewpioneer | In Progress
Report by Andrewpioneer

The terrain has been pasted onto main world. Planning has now begun for the forested areas of Cair Andros. Concept work has continued with gatehouse designs, hopefully we can start getting somethings pasted in so that we can begin building on main world. Besides that, there will be a few changes to the current layout to help the fort fit better onto the new terrain.

2021-07-24_09.52.46.png

Lond Daer – Lead: @mattlego | In Progress
Report by mattlego

Not much progress has been made recently, though Soarz has begun work on a small sea fort next to the Northern Harbor!

2021-07-24_10.14.14.png

Moria – Lead: @DoctorDaom | In Progress
Report by Mershy

Movie Cave is DONE! A massive congratulations to aVeryAngryBadger and her resourceful workers getting things spiffing for the cutting of the red tape. Absolutely top stuff from the biscuit Brit. Onwards to the great mines? Time will tell for this old badger. Finally, Daom has almost finished the upper West Gate entrance hall, I tried out some gradient mixes for the cave connector and Duke started putting vertical trapdoors into the Moria pack.

2021-07-24_10.38.26.png

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Keeping MCME running is not free, every month we have to pay $265 to keep up all our work. Donations help us keep doing what we love and providing you with amazing builds to look at. Donations are not required but greatly accepted, if you want to help us in our feat of rebuilding Middle Earth in Minecraft you can donate here.
Viewing Donation Drive: Community Costs
Our Donors
  • Supercat_14
  • nisse_fyrtorn
#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by givet10

How is this possible? 3 Times Editions in a row and yet still no Artist, Guide, Foreman or Mod/Staff promotions?! Don't be sad though, because there are now 2 Guide applicants on their way and still enough Artist apps with potential!

~ Winners of “The Week” ~

Do you like screenshots? Of course you do! Do you like Minecraft Middle-earth? What's not to like! You, my friend, are exactly the sort of person who glances through the Times specifically to see the Media Winners! So I won't keep you waiting. Go ahead, read on my good fellow!

MEDIA Winners:

Honorable Mention: Not too original, but I don't think I've seen a shot of Cyen Manor from this angle since early December. This one has a different feel to it, anyway. Very nice lighting and blurring from Bohemian_Beetle here.

Beetle_Cyen_Manor.png

Honorable Mention: If it wasn't so wide I'd think this was a shot by Givet. However, the true photographer responsible for this shot is none other than Xmine. I think the blur ends up working well enough and I do quite like the way the colors of the terrain change.

Xmine_Marshes_Somewhere_2.png

Honorable Mention: Beautiful forest shot in Andrast by Bohemian_Beetle. Love the subtle blur, and the lighting and composition are very nice.

Beetle_Andrast.png

Honorable Mention: Pretty original shot here from Itai. Appears to be Bareketta with Voyager 2.1 fog. My only gripe with it, besides the fog being a bit too thick, would be the entire sky being white... even though the sky clearly isn't overcast. Looks quite weird.

Itai_Bareketta.png

Honorable Mention: We had a good crowd of screenshotters taking to the swamps recently. I will say, though, that this water seems pretty dang blue for a swamp. Besides that, I don't really have any issues with this shot at all. Pretty simplistic, but it does things right. Shot by Xmine.

Xmine_Marshes_Somewhere.png

Media Winner: Bohemian_Beetle decided to get a bit more daring with his editing this fortnight. What I find remarkable about this shot, however, is that even with all this editing done to it, it still looks very clean. Very nice shot, Beetle, well done.

Beetle_Marshes_Somewhere.png

THEME-BUILD Winners
Both won by our cursed builder MPMC. He left Freebuild twice and got what he wanted.

~ Lore of the Week ~

The Brandybucks

After the Kingdom of Arthedain fell in TA 1974 (Shire Reckoning 374), the kings’ rule over the Shire ceased and the hobbits were in need of new leadership; for this reason they elected, for the first time, a Thain who would act as the ruler of the land in the kings’ stead. For this role they chose a prominent hobbit of Stoorish descent: Bucca of the Marish. Even though the authority of the Thains was mostly titular, it was a highly respected office nonetheless.

Bucca’s family were the Oldbucks, one of the most respectable hobbit families in the Shire. They lived in the Marish - a fertile region in the Eastfarthing along the banks of the Brandywine between Stock and Rushey; it was a boggy area and difficult to traverse, but Stock and Rushey were connected by a good road known as the Causeway. The inhabitants of the Marish - the Stoors - were a peculiar folk compared to the rest of the hobbits: they had many odd words in their speech, they wore boots in muddy weather, and they most preferred to dwell in houses (though that was partly due to the lands of the Marish being unsuitable for burrowing smials).

The Oldbucks held the Thainship of the Shire for 11 generations after Bucca, and the last Oldback Thain was Gorhendad Oldbuck, who eventually lead his people east of the river and settled in the strip of land now known as Buckland. Gorhendad handed the Thainship over to Isumbras Took, and himself became the Master of Buckland; he renamed his family, and to this day it is widely known as the Brandybuck family. Now living in Brandy Hall, the Brandybucks became even wealthier than they were before.

The descendants of Gorhendad Brandybuck, as Masters of Buckland, were still amongst the chiefest officials in the Shire. His eldest son, Gormadoc Brandybuck, was known as the “Deepdelver”, likely for greatly enlarging the already impressive Brandy Hall. He was succeeded by his son Madoc, often known as “Proudneck”; then came Marmadoc, known as the “Masterful”. The 5th Master of Buckland was Gorbadoc “Broadbelt” (likely known as such for his impressive girth): he was known as a kind and generous hobbit, and his wife was Mirabella Took, daughter of the Old Took and aunt of Bilbo Baggins. Gorbadoc’s youngest daughter, Primula, was the wife of Drogo Baggins and mother of Frodo Baggins.

Next came Rorimac, eldest son of Gorbadoc, commonly known as Goldfather and later in his life as Old Rory. Following the death of his sister Primula and her husband (in a boating accident, of all things), Rorimac took young Frodo under his guardianship in Brandy Hall. Bilbo would often visit Brandy Hall, and eventually proposed to take Frodo under his own wing in Hobbiton.

Old Rory’s son, Saradoc, was known as “Scattergold” - perhaps for being rather careless in his spending. He was not too notable, save for fathering one of the most famous hobbit’s in the Shire’s history - Meriadoc “Merry” Brandybuck, later known as “The Magnificent”. Much can be said of him and his adventures during the War of the Ring - indeed too much for me to put here.

After the War, Merry returned to the Shire and succeeded his father as Master of Buckland. He married Estella Bolger and had at least one son - though his name is not known to us. Merry wrote some scholarly works, notable among which were Herblore of the Shire, The Reckoning of Years and Old Words and Names in the Shire; he was known to travel to Rivendell occasionally, likely to aid in his research.

At the age of 102 he resigned his office and along with Pippin his friend he travelled to Rohan (at the invitation of King Éomer), where he was known as Holdwine of the Shire. Later they travelled to Minas Tirith, where eventually they passed away and were laid to rest in Rath Dínen amongst the kings and stewards of old.

~ Question of the Week ~

This Week's Question: Why did the hobbits of Buckland lock their doors at night?

Question: In the Book of Lost Tales Oromë had a daughter - what was her name?

Correct Answer: Oromë's daughter in the Book of Lost Tales was Nielíqui.

Last time Melkor got the right answer AGAIN :eek:

Presented by: HoverKing

~ More Media ~

You know us, we love sharing our progress and Twitter is the perfect place. Give us a good follow and always have something to look forward to on your daily scroll. Just to spice it up, comment your favorite parts of our builds at MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter. You won't be disappointed!

Sometimes you just want to enjoy some quality pictures, we got you covered. Head on over to our Facebook account, try following us there too Minecraft Middle-Earth

It doesn't matter if you just woke up or after a busy day at work; scrolling through Instagram and seeing a cool project you have worked on, or just amazing graphics from your favorite server on your favorite game- MCME's Instagram is the right place to be. Check it out at mcmiddleearth on Instagram, or this perfectly good link to take you straight there.

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ Closing Statement ~

I've gone bald, Mapthor, I'm looking like Lex Luthor out here!! Our new motto should be 'another day, another delay'! How does that sound?

Thanks and hope you enjoyed (despite the delay),
Shen

Excellent work, Times Team!

Quote from Battlefield 1
“If history only remembers one in a thousand of us, then the future will be filled with stories of who we were and what we did.”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times
mcmiddleearth.com​