• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~ The MCME Times ~ [08/23/2020]

Summer Ends, Classes Begin!
Ya hate it see it happen
OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by Mapthor
Hey all, Mapthor here! As Summer slowly starts to come to a close, the Summer Events must do the same. All in all, these Events went extremely well and I’m very happy everyone (hopefully) enjoyed them. But do not fear, the Anniversary Events are currently in planning stages, so make sure to be on the lookout for those in October. Other than that, I don’t really have much to report on, so I’ll leave you all with some advice from good old Odin. When you have some free time in the next few days, dedicate it to yourself and spend some time alone. Whether that time be you playing games for three hours or just going on a bike ride, take it nonetheless. It does wonders, trust me.

Happy Sailing,
Mapthor

~ Project Progress ~

Anorien - Lead: @Oberanio | In Progress
Report by Mershy

The Dol Caranthan fields are almost finished! The hard work from Ober and his workers is closing in and they are looking incredible. The farms combined with the houses, new textures and the upcoming is very exciting. Streams are also being built with Xmine and Ober running jobs, but there is still the wait for the new updates before other areas of Anorien can continue.

8QivGKwtb2za5Fn2GcFrE0S6cce7I8X-x_DY9T2QfSss65DppviBUMpdcfi5MvGwmI_5__zVVh7cDF9uwqICprS6iOa7eHkSwhZ_XUAXtJObCjrDyCRRgsfhbgtA0MJryg_K_-wQ

Lond Daer – Lead: @Ivan1pl | In Progress
Report by Soarz9

Planning is coming to a close as they touch up the layout of the city. Concepts are also being done and many are also about to be finished and put to the test. In regards to the RP they will be putting the Eriador RP on hold till they have the necessary textures, so they will be using the Gondor RP. If you are interested in seeing all the plans do /warp Lond Daer.

NV8X79BkTfp9DGv7Y5eeeaFeZ2p6VsMhz8gMoiDEga43JTfkxVyO49gmMYrZUwUG-W9WBAVQygBEAbR1Ma9aOWv2ConVyFcrjdmaQF5agUE2SfAtHmtFzDKj7M_LNAjOOz9unUMA

Moria – Lead: @barteldvn | In progress
Report by Mershy

Moria has seen some lovely progress; Bart has run more jobs in the chamber of light and I, with the help of a few artists and some commoners, have almost finished half of the “Mershy Mine” in the area before Durin’s Crossroads. We are getting there with the fellowship path with the upcoming release of the new Moria RP from Nic. Leblanc has also come back and is helping with building and texturing as well.

fQNTNvpx4_cHMIl2ZOGEBcndXkgN2mKdqOgpOQd3XGeeVk-APQGNrrztSLfWAi-JoXqIfYRaKVV8iRVfdpTZo7dJZOSon6mmeA7xHJ8PNMFWdDBeC9gRPlUhrgrfTfaGPD-1FEns

Osgiliath – Lead: @ooitsbirdo | In progress
Report by maski98

So since the last times not so much has happened. @barteldvn gave me the south and @Rogue_Scholar the north part of the wall in order to test our leadership skills as we have applied for foreman. Therefore, we are working with @ooitsbirdo to expand the wall and make concepts on rebuilding the wall and also some ruin villages around it.

my1KQHchpddfnZBkhIuTfQ3Rg3_xJDPiPefoQ6v-IBJa_ZbTQfJZ7VnQDJH8VI-UuNsS9VBA9KZX_L9pcHj51iQBArYTJ8kocITn0t0n8421oXZPqYuFFCS26UVJGChvshZDy3mH

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Keeping MCME running is not free, every month we have to pay $235 to keep up all our work. Donations help us keep doing what we love and providing you with amazing builds to look at. Donations are not required but greatly accepted, if you want to help us in our feat of rebuilding Middle Earth in Minecraft you can donate here.
Viewing Donation Drive: Community Costs
Our Donors
  • Mershy
  • Faramir
#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

#NEWS
Events:

MCME World Cup
: The event as come to a close, and we finally have a winner, The Designers

Final Scores:
Designers 6 : 2 Guides
Veterans 0 : 5 Commoners
Artists 2 : 1 Foremen
Valar 10 : 0 Staff

Semi-Finals:
Designers 10 : 2 Commoners
Valar 9 : 1 Artists

Third Place
Commoner 7 : 4 Artist

Finals
Valar 7 : 8 Designers

Race in the Dark:
They were dropped in an unfamiliar place with virtually no way out. They race for the exit, these people are the top 5 to get out the fastest.

Podium:
1st: DoctorDaom
2nd: Itai007
3rd: FoxySeamus
4th: Nexus3
5th: CopCat

MCME Team Quiz

Teams:

1. Confused Sweet Coffee Beans: Sevy, Bean, Johnyeric, BeeSweet, ConfusedLlama
2. The Bois Are Back: Norir, maski, conorpo, GormsenZ
3. Brexit Means Brexit: Stephen, MrDog, thomasd20, Sam_Taranoc, Ooitsbirdo, buzz buzz
4. Four Lore: JarNO_WAY, LaMoria, Lindolas, Arnep
5. Staff and Commoner: Finrod_Amandil, Eriol_Eandur, Smaug_Niphredil, Darki
6. One of Us: Ooits Birdo, Luk, Mattlego, Xmine
7. Darkstar: Milkor_Thalion, Nexus3, Itai007, MykelUmm
8. Shroomy: ShroomyD, CopCat, Human100, LittleMeowy
9. Iru's Veterans: JordD04, q220, MaDReD, Bocklebe

Final Scores

Regular Matches
CSCB
310 : 300 BOIS
BREXIT 280 : 220 FOUR LORE
STAFF 320 : 120 ONE OF US
DARKSTAR 390 : 230 SHROOMY

Semifinals
CSCB
270 : 190 BREXIT
STAFF 390 : 220 DARKSTAR

Finals
STAFF
350 : 330 CSCB

Screenshots:
This weeks Project Screenshots were taken by our own guide GingerlyGinger1. He has been doing an amazing job with them and we hope he will continue. Please give him a round of applause for his work.

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by Monster_Duck

Itai007: It is my pleasure to welcome Itai to the purple legion! I can’t wait to see the magnificent creations he will make on MCME! Be sure to congratulate him if you see him around on the server or Discord.

~ Interviews ~

Interview with @Xmine01

Question 1. If you had to live on MCME where would it be and why?
I'd be a nomad just hunting in the wilderness of Andrast, I would just be roaming around with some sheep seeing the best scenery in all of MCME. This would probably get too boring after a while so once i'm done seeing all the scenery there i'd travel to Bree so i could finally see the lonely orc with my real eyes and live the rest of my days there

Question 2. So you’ve recently been promoted to Foreman. Who is your favourite slave when you create a job and why that person?
Honestly I don't really have a favourite slave atm. I've made some private jobs for some people but then they leave halfway through cough mediodox cough.
I decided to ask in chat who wanted to be my favourite slave and i got this response, so i guess mortal atm
CK8GiNMqAW8SR58TbsAu_j-9fl8VL8mR89L1zxtizeGDMoqC1Wm3vYkXqfyLz-yRH_pw8RwKMv8kVhb8977VcL41goa18PlZfZwP0HDXLDaEmi1jcvBY1So8m4J7pm4QBlX9wQ6-

Question 3. So when you and Soarz have a child what will it been named??
UwU I’ve never thought about this, but for a girl’s name I really like Luna like the moon, for a boy's name I honestly have no clue. But I'm not even sure if we would ever get a child, it takes a huge amount of time and dedication to be a parent and I don't think both of us have enough time for that at the moment.

Question 4. What are the most memorable moments that you have had on the server??
Way too many memorable moments I wouldn't be able to sum up half of them, but if Iwould have to put it in one sentence. From my first experience with the server to the last :)

Question 5.If you could be one character for the Tolkien’s World who would it be and why?
I'm just gonna stay here with a pretty basic answer: Samwise, he's just a normal guy that gets to go on a dangerous quest traveling through middle-earth seeing the most beautiful views and also the darkest places imaginable, but he survives through all of that and goes back to his little hobbit hole. continuing a successful life and eventually going to the undying lands. That's a pretty epic life if you ask me

Interviewer: Archimdes - Thank you Xmine for sharing those experiences with us. We wish you and Soarz the best of futures together and maybe… just maybe we might see a new member of the community soon ;)

~ Winners of “The Week” ~

This week we have another round of amazing builds and Media posts. We only choose from the best every time, so hard work does pay off. Sometimes it can get competitive and that is what will win a place here. Please give a warm welcome to this Times’ winners of this week.

Artwork Winners
Our first ever Artwork week has finished! We have had lots of amazing entries and, honestly, I am excited to see what you guys come up with going forward!

This week’s winner is @Sevy689
yd6Xag4Om8D0HI0MFkD7yXRnqOuSgdD7aAnV7FjYEITjjG_1MPZQblh09uDMyLVTwwseMY8SiimrFuxxN4wgqk0jzk6_1-uNzy21_8GLetkd9aHMfcyS6aqiTtlIMW-3lJ3gwdaZ

MEDIA Winners:
This time you do not see the winner straight away featured above the text, as usual, instead you'll find it in the Imgur album, for the sake of variation. The winner may not have been who you expected.

THEME-BUILD Winners
Congrats on all the nice builds on those 2 theme builds! Hope we see more in the next themes!

~ Lore of the Week ~
Of Maedhros:

Maedhros was one of the princes of the Noldor and was eldest of the Sons of Fëanor and known for his shining red hair. Maedhros was born in Valinor during the Time of the Two Trees. After the banishment of Fëanor from Tirion in Valinor, he went with his father to Formenos in exile. When Morgoth killed Finwë and stole Fëanor's beloved Silmarils, Maedhros was the first son to take the terrible Oath of Fëanor to recover the jewels.
Maedhros went with his father to Alqualondë, where the First Kinslaying broke out, in which he took part. When Fëanor sailed off without the host of Fingolfin, Maedhros thought that he was planning to return and carry across the others. He expected that the first ship would carry Fingon, his best friend. When he learned that in fact, Fëanor planned to abandon them, he was angry and, alone of his brothers, refused to help burn the ships, to prevent Fingolfin from following.
When Fëanor was killed in the Dagor-nuin-Giliath, Maedhros became the High King of the Noldor. However, this position was held briefly, as Morgoth sent an embassy, feigning the surrender of a Silmaril. The Oath driving him, Maedhros also feigned to treat with Morgoth, but instead he was captured by Morgoth's embassy and hung by the wrist of his right hand upon the face of a precipice of Thangorodrim, for about thirty years. In a daring rescue, his cousin Fingon, helped by Thorondor the King of Eagles, saved him from torment, but he was forced to cut off Maedhros' hand to release him from the shackle. In gratitude for this, and in atonement for Fëanor's desertion of Fingon's house, Maedhros relinquished all claim as the heir of Finwë and gave up his position as High King of the Noldor, passing it over to his uncle Fingolfin, Fingon's father, something his brothers did not approve of.
Seeing that his brothers were likely to cause feuds with their kinsmen, Maedhros moved them out of Hithlum, and later ruled the lands around the Hill of Himring, which became known as the March of Maedhros. Allied with Fingolfin, he won the battle of Dagor Aglareb, and, thanks to his daring deeds during the Dagor Bragollach, Himring stood while many other elven realms fell.
Hearing word of the deeds of Beren and Lúthien, he took hope and gathered his brothers and united with other Elven Houses to create the Union of Maedhros, an alliance to lay siege to Morgoth's fortress of Angband. However, no support came from Thingol or Nargothrond, due to the deeds of Celegorm and Curufin, Maedhros' brothers. The Union and the siege was utterly broken after the defeat in the Nirnaeth Arnoediad. Himring was garrisoned by Orcs. Maedhros and his brothers lived in Ossiriand, consorting with the Laiquendi.
Maedhros learned that Dior, son of Beren and Lúthien, had inherited the Silmaril that they had recovered from Morgoth. Still driven by the Oath, he was convinced by his brother Celegorm to attack Doriath. Celegorm, Caranthir, and Curufin were slain by Dior Eluchíl, the King of Doriath, who was in turn slain by them. Dior's sons, Eluréd and Elurín, were captured and abandoned by Celegorm's servants in the forest, leading Maedhros to search for the innocent youths, but to no avail. After learning that Elwing, Dior's daughter, had survived, he and his surviving brothers descended with an army upon the remnants of the people of Doriath living in the Havens of Sirion. The Noldorin princes killed many Elves and captured Elwing's sons Elrond and Elros in the sack, but Elwing escaped with the Silmaril, jumping off a cliff and into the ocean.
After the War of Wrath, he and his last surviving brother, Maglor, stole the two remaining Silmarils taken by the Valar from Morgoth. But because of the evil deeds committed by the brothers to regain the jewels, they burned the hands of Maglor and Maedhros. Unable to bear the suffering, Maedhros cast himself and the Silmaril he carried into a fiery chasm in the Earth. It is uncertain whether he was eventually released from Mandos, or whether he still remains there with his father.
Maedhros' father-name was Nelyafinwë, meaning "Finwë the Third", shorter form Nelyo, as his grandfather and father both shared the name Finwë. Nelya is a Quenya adjective that means "third". His mother-name was Maitimo, "Well-shaped One", for he was noted for his comeliness. His epessë was Russandol, "Copper-top", referring to the dark red hair he inherited from his grandfather Mahtan. It is derived from russa, a Quenya adjective meaning "red-haired".

~ Question of the Week ~

This Week's Question:{Question}
What creature killed Dáin I King of the Dwarves in TA 2589?

Question: {Question}
What is the collective name for the females of the Valar?

Correct Answer: {Answer}
Valier

Monster_Duck

Presented by: Monster_Duck

~ More Media ~

You know us, we love sharing our progress and Twitter is the perfect place. Give us a good follow and always have something to look forward to on your daily scroll. Just to spice it up, comment your favorite parts of our builds at

MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter . You won't be disappointed!

Sometimes you just want to enjoy some quality pictures, we got you covered. Head on over to our Facebook account, try following us there too Minecraft Middle-Earth

It doesn't matter if you just woke up or after a busy day at work; scrolling through Instagram and seeing a cool project you have worked on, or just amazing graphics from your favorite server on your favorite game. MCME's Instagram is the right place to be. Check it out at mcmiddleearch on Instagram, or this perfectly good link to take you straight there.

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ Advertisements ~
Artist
Ahh yes. We all know the question. “How can I build?", As well as the responses “You can try a theme build” and “You can take part in jobs." The other answer is “Apply for Artist”, and the last option is by far the most exciting. Being able to build in your favorite places all the time. Sounds awesome. We can never have enough Artists, and with a wide range of current projects, there’s plenty for you to do!
Are you inspired to join MCME’s main build rank? You can apply for Artist/ today on the forums! The Managers, Designers and current Artists will work with you and help you on your journey.

Guide
Or perhaps, you’re not a builder. Well. That’s not a problem! Becoming A guide is obviously the better option anyway. As a Guide, you’re the forefront of MCME, and there’s no greater feeling than when someone says your tour was awesome. You don’t actually have to be a lore nerd either, you’ll pick up on lots really quickly.
When you join the Guides, you’ll be giving tours, running mini-games and testing players in lore quizzes, or if you prefer less “on the spot” stuff, Guidebooks are obviously your zen, or helping to tell MCME about MCME by writing up articles in the times. You’ll also plan help plan events such as The Summer Events and The Anniversary Events. We hope you join us soon, because us Guides really would love some more of us. What’re you waiting for?
Just click Guide and apply today!

~ Closing Statement ~

These past few months have been great for us in making bonds and friendships, but it's that time of the year again. Classes will begin shortly if not already going, and we will be busy, but not too much to not hang with our friends. The Times Team wishes you the best moving forward though your days and weeks to come. We hope you enjoyed this edition and if you did let us know, we love to hear from you, and as always we'll see you next fortnite, I mean fortnight!

Great job for the Times Team, who did what they had to do, great job!

Quote from JRRT
“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times
mcmiddleearth.com​

Last edited: