• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ [09/09/18] Announcements

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Hey guys! As usual, we need donations to keep the server running, so please help out if you can!
https://www.mcmiddleearth.com/donate/community-costs.1/campaign

Our Donors
This week we did not have any donations :( and that is why we need a bigger push from all of us! If we want this server to live we must help out as best as we can!
#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

#NEWS
Builder Meeting and Designer Meeting:

Happening on the 22nd of September!
Last Tolfalas Untamed has surpassed:
Thank you Raffy and Samfries Taranoc

Silmarillion Primer Reading
Every week I (LegoCellist) will be reading an installment of Jeff LaSala’s Silmarillion Primer. Join me next Sunday for the 3rd installment of The Silmarillion presented in a fun (often funny) way - believe me, you won't want to miss it!

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by Jonatanknalle

Eldar_Telcontar: One of our beloved guides Eldar is resigning because of real life issues, thanks for your great work eldar and if you feel like coming back remember we will welcome you with open arms. Resignation

Merlinc01: Another one has fallen victim to one of our oldest and most hated enemies, you guessed it, real life. We are saddened to see you leaving merl your hard work will not be forgotten! Resignation

Roel2005: I think a lot of you were expecting this, everybody please welcome our newest slave *cough* artist Roel!!! Your builds truly makes you worthy of the artist rank Roel, congrats! Promotion

Artale: We are happy to see the return of one of our beloved guides, welcome back Artale! We are happy to see that you’re once again joining the guides. Promotion

Phoenix108: His application was put on watchlist the day he posted his application I think we all were expecting this, congrats on artist Phoenix and good luck in your coming adventures or… builds… Promotion

Planetology: Even more slaves! *cough* *cough* I mean… respected builders with equal rights… congrats Planet, we look forward to new awesome builds! Promotion

~ Interviews ~

Now as it is custom we have two interviews; the “First Impressions Interview” and the “Meet the Regulars Interview”. I (Lego) will be interviewing a new adventurer about their experience on MCME and this time And I (Raffy) will also be interviewing our regular. Our regular in this edition is none other than Pants_Of_Sindar. Who’s he you might ask, we all know him as @Mr_Pants2000
Interview with @Mr_Pants2000

Question 1. How did you find MCME?
After reading the LotR books, me and Broek were simply looking for a LotR-related Minecraft server on Planet Minecraft! MCME was on top of the list and the rest is history.

Question 2. What was your experience like as an Adventurer?
Well... Firstly, I thought it was a pvp server. I must be very annoying for other players who I poked a thousand times. When I joined back after an absence of ¾ of a year, There was a new thing: jobs! At that time, I asked about one million times about jobs..

Raffy: And here you are running Jobs, These things were made to happen I say!

Question 3. What made you want to become a Foreman?
I wanted to help out the server but in a different role than being an artist.

Question 4. What is your favourite bit about being a Foreman.
Meeting new people and seeing nice people from jobs getting a promotion.

Raffy: I like that answer. I like it a lot :)

Question 5. What is your favourite place on MCME?
Oh my, a hard one. I like the architecture from Lond Daer, and Fennas Drunin and Mount Gram, Osgiliath, villages in Gondor, Ithilien...

Question 6. Who is your favourite character from Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit or other Tolkien work?
Oh tacos, another hard one mh.. Turin Turambar, Eärendil, Elros, Tar-Minastir, Gil-Galad.... But my number one is probably Glorfindel. Because many people don't know how powerful he is…

Raffy: “Oh Tacos”. I’ve never heard that one before

First Impressions Interview
By LegoCellist

Here is where I put an adventurer through a gauntlet of four questions about their experience on the server thus far. This week's intrepid adventurer: @chuckie001.

Question 1. How did you find MCME?
I found it and first joined ages ago (2011, I think), probably through some gaming/Minecraft news site. I did a little work, but then stopped playing for a long time. A short time ago, I remembered the project, and found out how much had changed.

Question 2: What were your impressions of the community on the server when you first joined?
Very different personalities, but somehow, the organization makes it work. And all the regulars appear to be dedicated Tolkien fans happy to help with the project. (And yeah, those impressions were basically same both in 2011, and when I joined now. :))

Question 3: What was your impression of our finished projects; Minas Tirith and the Shire?
Shire: I loved the down-to-earth subtlety of the details, Hobbit holes and small houses. Really evokes the "Shire" feeling. Minas Tirith: a perfect city to get lost in and spend weeks exploring and finding new passageways.

Question 4: What was your impression of our current projects such as Dol Amroth and Moria?
Dol Amroth: I haven't seen many DA paintings, so this was something completely new, a surprise. Looked quite... uh... south Italy-ish? Quite appropriate, if one thinks about where DA is. I haven't spent much time there (I was working in Osgiliath, so I don't really know what parts are still to be made). Moria: It's a fascinating maze, navigating it without help is an adventure in itself. I liked the Waterworks cisterns and aquaducts. I'm wondering how difficult it will be connecting all the pieces together so they work properly. I like the whole "plot build" concept that seems to make it reasonably easy to organize creating large areas full of individual rooms/buildings.

Thank you again @chuckie001!

~ Winners of “The Week” ~

So we got some good ones as always. Make sure you show some special recognition towards the winners of the week! They’ve presented exemplary displays of our server’s creative potential! Give a hand to these winners!

MEDIA OF THE WEEK:
We had loads of media posted this week but to me this was the clear winner, this truly stunning picture by @barteldvn of the sunset in Osgiliath. I love the sun behind the Dome of stars and the reflection in the river. Amazing work @barteldvn!

GheqlvIKYvcRT4N91PGQMQdb7Z85nhKSmplhQCWe90sCaDzn89qyCa1oRFJbz5R-1cygI-xsiX1q5d8D0XgY2O6lps6TNBGL66xs8M0FwtnTfTakFYxTccP5BkGaT1wA28xXBdP7

THEME-BUILD OF THE WEEK:
For this week, we have 1 theme build of the week. I (Raffy) was really impressed with the uniqueness of this build, and how it really went outside the box. And after all, you're my Wonderwall. Themebuilds are all about your perception of the build. I'll stop talking now, and give the honour to @Playser who really went above and beyond with this cute little build. Well done @Playser !

ODWPqOi3bHLgVRznmNgrX5wsStmO8H7IwHVC3KVx0VXlxhHPC-QD-wJ3BRtt7S-D9qWpDNJkyGeyilkci_zMFv02QgYRqYv5WJlIdbEHpcTpjbFYfGJvGIE_EUGK-nYJLddL6Kji

~ Lore of the Week ~

The Shire Calendar:
The Hobbits of the Shire used a calendar similar to the Gregorian Calendar of our world, which was known as the Shire-Reckoning. It contained 12 months, each with exactly thirty days, with five (six in a leap year) named days to bring the total up to 365 or 366 days in the year. These named days were: 2 Yule, 1 Lithe, Mid-year’s Day, Overlithe in leap years, 2 Lithe, and 1 Yule, in order of time during the year they occurred. All of these days were special festivals, with the Overlithe being a special day dedicated to merrymaking and the like. An overview of the months is found below (from http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Appendix_D)

LEmFwWwyzG5HVbRGTVyp5zG5sfYIDPq_sBTuHjFR3EuTnSFkFePYdxQVVFuMt_-PM2Jk1e6fR_FiA832Kz0DKNkFU_Sr7XuNYE6wO8Baux1wXxbm2XTT3ghU2TnvP6nbSY49Ciqb
The days of the normal week were:
Sterday, Sunday, Monday, Trewsday, Hevensday, Mersday, Highday.

These correspond to:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

However, in Lord of the Rings, the days are mostly translated with Sterday corresponding to Saturday and so on.

Finally, Shire-Reckoning in terms of years starts with the crossing of the Brandywine by Marcho and Blanco in T.A. 1300

~ More Media ~
Woop woop. Everyone’s favourite part of the times has returned again! Huzzah! We gotta kick off this with the usual twitter. Be sure to give us a “hello!” at MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter . Who knows, Cookies may be involved!

Twitter is not the most popular “social platform”, so for you “yooves” with a trendy Facebook account, try following us there too https://www.facebook.com/mcmeproject/

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

(What do you mean Snapchat is more popular than Planet Minecraft of course it isn’t)

~ Advertisements ~
Artist
Building is one of the fundamental parts of Minecraft Middle Earth, and it is done by the amazing Artists on the server. Many times we are asked how can I build and we have an answer for you: Become an Artist! Working on all the new projects with Designers and Foremen while furthering your building skills in this community is something all Artists get to take part in!
Does this sound like something that you would like to do? You can apply for Artist/ today on the forums! The Designers and current Artists will work with you and help you on your journey.

Guide
Look, I get it. You’re tired of being a Commoner. Doing jobs day in and day out, not really doing much. You want to do something different and new. Well, do I have an opportunity for you my friend! There is a rank above your dull Commoner rank that impacts the server in so many different ways, The Guide Rank!
When you join the Guides, you’ll be giving tours, running minigames, testing players in lore quizzes, and more. You’ll also plan help plan events such as The Summer Events and The Anniversary Events. We hope you join us soon!
Just click Guide and apply today!

~ Closing Statement ~

With that I am here to bring another Times Edition to a close!
Sorry for the late edition, I had a lot of other things to tend to.
Round of applause for the Times Team, they are very self dependent and do a great job!​

Here is the inspiring quote from good JRRT
“No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly”

CP-HwgPHKxbjkR10m1dTFDmB5IE0qsL3VFf7vLCbzswwhrKKKgboZkAru0cOnOe6B8_fltZS7fAq7nkNkhGz8-PJ3q2WZ9iWvyo3PK5Hf6N_qDeg8TZG-ea3hEB6gw37aa-96Iaa

The Official MCME Times
mcmiddleearth.com