• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ [09/14/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
qZRemZY.png

Opening Statement

Ah, another wonderful sunday and time for the MCME times. Microwave yourself some soda, pour a glass of popcorn and settle down to read up on the latest happenings in MCME. Let's get right to it!

Project Progress
VwkuvMY.png

Harithilien Part 3 (In Progress):Lots of terrain work has been done in Harithilien over the week, a bunch of rivers and cool terrain features have been added. Additionally if you want to join in in the Haudh in Gwainur build competition you have to do so quickly, as it will close in three days, on the 17th of september.

Misty Mountains (In Progress): /warp mirrormere, that's where the magic happened. @Finrod_Amandil has done a terrific job creating the valley and surrounding mountains. There's also some very cool glaciers and a new path upstream.

Rivendell Revamp (Almost Done): According to the Artists that are running this project the houses, Gazebo and forge are done. The only thing left to complete is the vegetation surrounding the houses as well as the valley in general.

Dol Amroth (In Progress): Progress is still being made on the mountains surrounding Dol Amroth. With the temporary brush size restraints on voxel things were taking longer than usual, but now that it has been removed things are back up to speed.

Osgiliath (In Progress): The ruining is progressing quickly, with the latest victim being the great bridge, which now provides safe passage only over a makeshift wooden bridge in places it completely collapsed. There is also a build contest going on, for the area where the main Gondorian camp is located. Get in on the action!

Pelargir (In Progress): A freebuild for Pelargir houses is due to start 'soonish' according to @Ma5terMinD. Keep your eyes peeled at the jobs & projects thread to get in on it asap, and get your work in Pelargir.

Annúminas (In Progress): With Wollip's new PC up and running this project is back on track. I'm sure we'll see some great progress this week.

Media of the Week

@freshmilkymilk added some more screenshots to his repertoire. Though he is no longer a staff member he'll still be around to make the occasional screenie, or just say hi.
iWFsX083lbV7E.png

Build of the Week

There's not much left of the once noble great bridge :(
HQZWp68.png

Status Updates

Promotions:

-none-

Resignation:
@Antecedence has decided to step down from Enforcer because of life and work. He will be missed by all of us, especially his ST6 brethren.

Meet the Guide

Name: speeder45

How did you find out about MCME and when did you join?
I googled Lord of the Rings Minecraft Projects, and MCME was the first result behind a few independent projects people had done. Not much to say on that front

What was it like when you were a thrall/commoner (droog/member)? Any nostalgic moments?
Being a droog and member, we're going to use the proper terms since this is an interview, was great. The server was a lot different back in those days, both in building style, terrain, and community. While the server was on the cusp of beginning Rohan, Bree was the central hub of the server. Bree use to have member housing where players built their own personal houses to match their personalities. My house had a basement that housed a secret bar, but was ultimately removed for lore reasons. I once asked MaDIIReD to roll back my house to improve it, and in the process, it nuked my neighbor's house. To this day, Arde hasn't forgiven me. Hopefully, he'll like this shoutout

Why did you apply/shoot for Ranger(Guide) in particular?
I've always loved this server, and I love this community. That was always driven me to do more to help with the server, whether by welcoming new players or building the Nindalf, or revamping the ever beautiful Eriador. At the time that I joined the server the community wasn't like it is today, and I always strived to welcome new players and make the server a more friendly and harmonious place. Being a guide opened more opportunities to interact with more players, and allows the chance to introduce new players to the server and make new friends at the same time.

What is your favourite thing about MCME?
If we're subjectively looking at locations of the server. It has to be the Bree Gate, but not the one you see today. Kulmo, one of the players I grew up on the server with, use to AFK here, on top of this gate, and to this day, I cannot AFK anywhere else.
LEuegWs.png

Do you have any other hobbies outside of MCME (besides MC and gaming)?
While a serious answer may be sought here, my two hobbies include the following:
  • Wearing suits that make Sinatra look like a hobo.
  • Having a voice that can make a wolverine purr.
  • Being a god amongst mere mortals.
  • Reporting the news on Channel 4
  • Being the general race car driver that likes to go fast.
~Stig Burgundy

Community Outreach

Path of the Fellowship
: @Finrod_Amandil has been working on mapping out the entire path of the fellowship with little footprints in the ground (you have probably seen them here and there). Here is a map if you are interested! Currently the path continues all the way past Rivendell!

sce13b.jpg

Facebook Page: Have you checked out the MCME Facebook page? It is updated almost daily and provides not only great updates on the server, but also top screenshots, builds, promotions, and more! In other words, be sure to like us HERE.

Planet Minecraft Page:
As stated before, please vote for us every day HERE. This helps draw attention and commemoration towards the server and is really appreciated by the community. So do your part and support MCME!
13974_2.gif

Times Feedback:
Have a thought concerning the presentation of the MCME Times and how it can be improved? Because I am always looking for new ways to mix up and improve the Times experience through any means necessary and, if you have a comment or concern, its likely that someone else had it as well and just didnt say anything about it. So be sure to message me your thoughts on the forums.

Closing Statement

A lot of things have been done this week and we have quite a bit to look foreward to this next week. If you want to get more involved in the building this week is your chance, as there is still some time left in the Haudh-in-Gwainur contest, the Osgiliath Contest and a new freebuild is starting soon.
I hope you enjoyed the times, and have fun this next week!

I shall leave you with this profound quote.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
-Dr. Seuss

Last edited:
Bree use to have member housing where players built their own personal houses to match their personalities. My house had a basement that housed a secret bar, but was ultimately removed for lore reasons.
You had a secret bar too? :D
Also, remember how our house could either be two stories or one story + basement? I had 2 stories AND a basement...I was lucky not to get banned

Status
Not open for further replies.