• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ [10/05/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
qZRemZY.png

Opening Statement

Another week has passed and it is already October. They say time flies when you're having fun but even when you're surrounded by the worst people in the world it still moves along at a solid pace. *where is my sarcasm font* Anyway, sit back and relax and enjoy this week's edition of the MCME times.

Project Progress

QQMgWIw.jpg

Annúminas (In Progress): There is a new Annúminas Job building houses for the flooded part of the city. Make sure you read the post before you start building though, there's some very specific guidelines since the houses will be submerged. When you've read the post and are up to speed you can /warp Flood to start helping out, or talk to @Wollip666 if he is online.

Dol Amroth (In Progress):
The boat freebuild is still ongoing, so ifboats are your niche or you would simply enjoy building a boat get in on the action. You can find the warp and instructions in this post.

Harithilien Part 3 (In Progress): General terraforming is still ongoing, and untill it is further along there will be very few building jobs. @Fireinferno13 has called upon all of you to be project harithilien cheerleaders in your free time, don't disappoint him.

Misty Mountains (In Progress): @0tho116 has finished section number 2, and sections 10 and 12 are halfway through terraforming. Our wonderful new staffmember @DSESGH has started work on section number 6 and only the glacier remains to be done there.

Pelargir (On Hold): Not much progress here unfortunately. Some downtime in the pelargir project.

Paths of the Dead (In Progress): @Despot666 has been working very hard on the Paths of the Dead, but unfortunately progress is slow as there are very few artists working on the houses. If you're an artist and have some spare time, go and help poor old despot.

Rivendell Revamp (Finished):
Hurray it is finished. Go check it out and look at it's glory. And should you notice anything that might not be quite right while your there, post it in the rivendell thread so it can be fixed for an even better result.

Shire Signs (New): @SugarKoala has been adding new and improved signs (because why would you add new and worse signs) to the shire. And now she needs YOUR! help when it comes to names. If you're up to the challenge suggest lore appropriate names for farms here.

Osgiliath (In Progress): @jcw2003 has started an Osgiliath mini-project. Where he will be planning the construction of one side of the defensive lines Gondor has put in place to stop the orcs. As for the build contest next week three finalists will be chosen. They will then get some suggestions and have another week to make some final changes.

Media of the Week

The lovely quaint hills of evendim, screenshot by @wodleth.
full

Build of the Week

Rivendell has been finished. The new trees are the most easily noticeable improvement, but you should definitely check it out up close.
982cibF.jpg

Status Updates

Promotions:

@DSESGH and @KlemensPlusLukas have been promoted to Designer, Congratulations!
@rcpopcornman has joined the ranks of Guides, Congratulations!

Resignation:
@JordD04 has resigned from his position as Enforcer. He will be missed *single tear*

Meet the Guide

Name: Rcpopcornman

How did you find out about MCME and when did you join?
I was looking for a picture of Lord of the Rings, I forget what location I was looking for but anyway, and I stumbled over a picture that was not quite right. "Wait a moment," I thought, "that is minecraft." *Mind Blown* I immediately looked for a minecraft lord of the rings server and boom, MCME. I joined in August 2014.

What was it like when you were an Adventurer (thrall/commoner/droog/member)? Any nostalgic moments?
For me, helping Thatruben finish the MCME Theatre was one of my favourite memories along with last nights on TS and the late night droog races.

Why did you apply/shoot for Guide in particular?
I wanted to better assist the community and I was it was suggested that I should to apply by a few different unnamed people.

What is your favourite thing about MCME?
I always find myself going back to Rivendell. I am not really sure what it is about "The Last Homely House West of the Mountains" but it calls to me.

Do you have any other hobbies outside of MCME (besides MC and gaming)?
I have done an Ironman Triathlon. I have been known to swim 2-5 miles in the harbor to try and keep in shape, but the running and cycling days are behind me for now. I also spend a lot of time on Teamspeak talking to all of you. I love playing video games and tabletop games.

Community Outreach

new MCME Podcast: @rcpopcornman is running an unofficial podcast. If you listened in during the livestream of the firstreal episode, great!If you missed it you can watch it back later as a vod should be uploaded by monday. You can discuss it HERE.

Facebook Page:
Have you checked out the MCME Facebook page? It is updated almost daily and provides not only great updates on the server, but also top screenshots, builds, promotions, and more! In other words, be sure to like us HERE.

Planet Minecraft Page:
As stated before, please vote for us every day HERE. This helps draw attention and commemoration towards the server and is really appreciated by the community. So do your part and support MCME!
13974_2.gif

Times Feedback:
Have a thought concerning the presentation of the MCME Times and how it can be improved? Because I am always looking for new ways to mix up and improve the Times experience through any means necessary and, if you have a comment or concern, its likely that someone else had it as well and just didnt say anything about it. So be sure to message me your thoughts on the forums.

Closing Statement
And that's this weeks news. We have a few new faces in staff and a new guide. A new project and a finished one. The wheels are turning smoothly, and everything is working out juuuuuust fine. (Don't look behind bag end, there's nothing suspicious going on there.)

I found this quote and had a pretty good laugh. Judging by it, our minecraft world is a very authentic piece of art.
"Any authentic work of art must start an argument between the artist and his audience."
-Rebecca West

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.