• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ [10/12/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
qZRemZY.png

Opening Statement

Another week has passed, filled with exciting things such as Oktoberfest drinking events and staff meetings. Other than that people have been working hard to further our progress and make this server a better place. Read all about it now in the MCME times.

Project Progress

HuwCfXS.jpg

Annúminas (In Progress): The job creating houses for the flooded part of the city is still going on. Make sure you read the post before you start building though, there's some very specific guidelines since the houses will be submerged. When you've read the post and are up to speed you can /warp Flood to start helping out, or talk to @Wollip666 if he is online.

Dol Amroth (In Progress):
Some roads and more of the general layout has been put into place. The boat freebuild is still ongoing as well, if boats are your thing get in on the action. You can find the warp and instructions in this post.

Harithilien Part 3 (In Progress): @wodleth has redone a lot of the terrain and claims it is now finished. I hope we can expect some jobs coming out of Harithilien now that there's other things to be worked on there.

Misty Mountains (In Progress): @Finrod_Amandil is contemplating the idea of requesting a new stone texture to add some more variety to the mountains. Meanwhile things are still progressing smoothly.

Pelargir (On Hold): Not much progress here unfortunately. Some downtime in the pelargir project.

Paths of the Dead (In Progress): @Despot666 has been working very hard on the Paths of the Dead, but unfortunately progress is slow as there are very few artists working on the houses. If you're an artist and have some spare time, go and help poor old despot.

Osgiliath (In Progress): The finalists of the build contests are in and they are '(bear thingy) 2.0', 'Pimp my Osgiliath', 'Just another loner' and 'Tower guard'. Congratulations all of you who made the cut and good luck with these last adjustments you'll be making.

Miscellaneous:
@SugarKoala is still working on adding more signs in the shire. If you're up to the challenge suggest lore appropriate names for farms here.
@Jetfire301 is setting up some more repair areas on the Rammas Echor. For more information on this project look here.
@K1sk1BBab35 is sprucing up the shire with some lovely new trees. The current concept trees can be seen at /warp Shire Tree Concepts, more info on this project can be found here.

Media of the Week

@aaldim has done a terrific job making Rivendell look as good as possible.
full

Build(s) of the Week

I thought it would only be fitting to put the finalists that are in the running for the osgo build competition up here.

Status Updates

Promotions:

-none-

Resignation:
-none-

Meet the Staff

Name: oth0116
Age (optional): 17
Country of Origin: Sweden

How did you find out about MCME and when did you join?

I've never really played Minecraft as it's "supposed" to be played and have never really been interested in it either but I've always been impressed by huge, detailed buildings that people have been working on. So I have more been that guy that goes on youtube and look at cool things other people have built and imagine how it would be to make these type of creations myself. With this interest, I have also wanted to experience these buildings with my own eyes of course so I was jumping on and off different servers for a while since I saw a super cool video that MilkTheMoose uploaded and decided to apply for the whitelist. It took some time before I received the mail that I was "accepted" and I finally joined early summer in 2013.

What was it like when you were an adventurer (thrall/commoner) (droog/member)? Any nostalgic moments?
I remember the first time I logged on and was being super excited and wanted to explore. While leaving Hobbiton for my first time I noticed a weird fella' flying around me and then offering me a small tour. This odd little man has now evolved into being one off my closest friends on the server. He showed me around and I immediately fell in love with the server and have been active ever since.
To be honest, I was one of these "I've-seen-the-movie-twice" kind of guy and barely knew anything about lore or LOTR at all so I was probably really annoying to deal with in the early days (more annoying than now).

What was the first staff rank you got? Why did you apply/shoot for that rank in particular?

The first rank I got was Foreman. I've always considered myself being social and friendly and not that amazing at building so Foreman was the perfect rank for me. This got even more clear when I was running around as an Artist. I have always been wanting to help out as much as I can possibly do and that has been triggering me to work hard and do my best so I would reach my goal of being promoted to staff.

Is there any type of architecture or server job that you enjoy working on the most? Why?
The Gondorian style is probably the one that I like the most. It's quite a broad style that you can do a lot with. Just look at how different but at the same time how similar the various houses are in the different cities/regions in Gondor. It's also a style that is quite easy to learn and adapt to.

What is your favorite thing about MCME?
I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say the community. Without all of you guys, I probably wouldn't be sitting here alone this dark October-evening writing this. Seeing every day how open, kindhearted and friendly all of you guys are helps me get through the day. Sitting countless of hours laughing in TeamSpeak and connect to people online in a way that I would say not many persons do is what keeps me here with all of you lunatics. :)

Do you have any other hobbies outside of MCME (besides MC and gaming)?
To be honest I have never been much off a gamer in my days except FIFA. I do a lot of sports in my free time as: football, tennis and handball. I love to hang out with my friends and play video games or go out to party but I also like to just sit at home and relax. I have also been playing the guitar for a few years, although I don't play that much anymore.

Community Outreach

MCME Podcast: @rcpopcornman is running an unofficial podcast. If you listened in during the livestream of the firstreal episode, great!If you missed it you can watch it back later as a vod should be uploaded by monday. You can discuss it HERE.

Facebook Page:
Have you checked out the MCME Facebook page? It is updated almost daily and provides not only great updates on the server, but also top screenshots, builds, promotions, and more! In other words, be sure to like us HERE.

Planet Minecraft Page:
As stated before, please vote for us every day HERE. This helps draw attention and commemoration towards the server and is really appreciated by the community. So do your part and support MCME!
13974_2.gif

Times Feedback:
Have a thought concerning the presentation of the MCME Times and how it can be improved? Because I am always looking for new ways to mix up and improve the Times experience through any means necessary and, if you have a comment or concern, its likely that someone else had it as well and just didnt say anything about it. So be sure to message me your thoughts on the forums.

Closing Statement

And there we go, I hope you're all caught up. If you missed the oktoberfest drinking event just send a PM to
@Iru. I'm sure he could come up with another reason to get a group of people together to drink and "watch movies".

I'll leave you with a quote form the wonderful singer of Nirvana, RIP.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."
-Kurt Cobain

Last edited:
Promotions, mrmontypie and emil_oil to artist
Artist promotions, demotions and resignations have never been mentioned in the times due to the frequency with which they occur, and the fact that they don't really impact others that much. Besides, the artist promotions&demotions thread already does a splendid job of keeping people up to date on artist promotions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.