• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #10/16

qzremzy-png.5157
Opening statement

Other than that it has been another crazily busy week (in a good sense!) I don't want to say much more here except to tell you to enjoy these week's Times, especially the two short videos I made exclusively for the MCME Times ;)
Whats Up?

Project Progress

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @jacenpeter

Seems like you liked the screenshot of Andrast last week, here's another one of the other side of the White Mountains, on which jacen has worked daily this week.
Anfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @kisos

Once more many hands have made many farms and villages spring forth in Anfalas, whether Designers, Artists or Adventurers, all of them have laid hands upon the beautiful scenery.
Fornost Reruin (In Progress) - Lead: @Fireinferno13 & @Demonataz

Demon has once been out in the North Downs swinging the voxel arrow. He decided not to remain with prettyfying only the close surroundings of Fornost but instead is targetting a bit a bigger area.
Meanwhile Fire has been supervising the ruining of the main keep, and Ryiw has run some wall ruining jobs.
Lamedon (In Progress) - Lead: @Eriol_Eandur

Eriol has been working on the southward slopes of central Lamedon, on one hand on the river along that, and on the other on the trees there.
Misty Mountains (In Progress) - Lead: @Emilio_ (Eregion), @Finrod_Amandil (Misties), @Mandos (Gladden Fields)

At the Hollin Ridge Emil has continued building it up, as usual, by hand.
In the Gladden Fields Mandos has continued preparing the terrain for jobs, digging out rivers and adding materials to the islands.
In the main part of the Misties I have continued on the glaciers, together with @Wroxxite started building the road up to the Gladden Pass Summit, and terraformed a bit on the eastern slope.
[Public Project] Fennas Drúnin (In Progress) - Lead: @thomasd16

Thijs has been working this week on the terrain surrounding Fennas which will be used for the farms later on. I have finally found a wall concept that I like and it was pasted in last week with some snazzy voxelling techniques by Thijs (the wall concept was built by Darkarz). I have planned a lot of the eastern bank of Fennas which included a large part of the Poor/Older Housing area. Some notable places which have popped up are the Estate of Amarill (a rich merchant with a dark secret) and a fishing district area which is still in the works.
- thomasd16
Plugin Development
Plotbuild Plugin (Testing in progress) - Devs: @Eriol_Eandur & @Ivan1pl

The Plotbuild Plugin will make it possible to make plots on the main map that can be claimed and be built on by anyone and then be easily reviewed and managed by staff.

This week I've got something special for you guys! I have set up and recorded a quick trailer / demo of the Plotbuild plugin over on the Dev server (using Aldburg as example). Finrod_Amandil there is the staff hosting the plotbuild, and my second account Quendingoldo is the Adventurer participating. The features / commands shown in the video are only a small percentage of all the possiblities that are included in the Plotbuild Plugin.
Maybe I'll make a similar quick video of the other WIP plugins, tell me which one you want to see next!

New New Player World (Ready for implementation) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur, Assistance: @_Luk

A new Intro Quiz for new players.

No changes since last week.
Moria Teleport Plugin (Testing in progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

For seamless teleports to and from new Moria aswell as inside Moria.

Finished, testing in progress on devserver.
Minigames Plugin (Small fixes in progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

A plugin to easily run various minigames like Hide and Seek, Races and Quizzes.

Still gathering questions for quiz gamemode. Form for questions is still open: Questions for Minigame plugin
MCME-Architect (Testing in progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

MCME-Architect is an assortment of small plugins of all kinds that make building on MCME easier and more enjoyable.

MCME-Architect has been installed on the Dev server and is ready to be tested.

Resource Packs
Mordor Pack (In Progress) - Lead: @bender400

The amazing load of new textures for the other packs I still got to review. Browse the Textures forum if you're curious!
Rank Updates
- none this week -
Media of the week
Sometimes you start doing something pretty harmless, and soon later you end up doing something that went totally out of control. On Saturday Durin asked me to place an Armorstand in Gondor. I ended up building a public Rollercoaster through the Misty Mountains.

Before we made it a public rollercoaster we let some stacked minecarts glitch through the Misties:

Other news
Audiobook review

On Saturday we joined the Council of Elrond. 'nuff said.

Thanks again to @Wraith_Knight for the screens!

Lore Bits #7: Is Frodo really Bilbo's nephew?

This and other questions like how Merry and Pippin are related, or Merry and Frodo, would you know the answer? Well here's a great analysis of such questions:
TolkienWiki: HobbitRelations

Upcoming

Themed Build

Theme: Tirith Aear (Sea-ward Tower)
Resource Pack: Gondor
Thread: #8/16 - Tirith Aear
Scheduled Events
Audiobook session 7

Next week the Ring goes South and so do we, and after that a Journey in the Dark follows... Instead of popcorn, bring your night vision glasses next week!
If nothing else happens, it'll take place on Saturday March 19th, 19:00 GMT.
Tours

There are no Tours announced for this week yet, but keep an eye on this thread and request a tour if you want one!
Jobs & Plotbuilds

Jobs for next Saturday will be announced in this thread over the course of the week. Be sure to ask Designers for jobs at any time, maybe they can offer something!
Community Outreach
Screenshots for Facebook

@Tyranystrasz has access to the MCME Facebook page and is regularily posting screenshots of our builds there! Lend him a hand and submit your best screens here: MCME screenshots for Facebook
Closing statement

The following quote may well be the motto for my rank. So please, if I should ever tell you something you don't like, think about this quote (and be reassured that I absolutely only said it as I think it's best for me, you and everyone here ;-) )
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”
Herbert Bayard Swope

These Times have been proofread by DynoDaring

Last edited:
Media of the week
Sometimes you start doing something pretty harmless, and soon later you end up doing something that went totally out of control. On Saturday Durin asked me to place an Armorstand in Gondor. I ended up building a public Rollercoaster through the Misty Mountains.

Before we made it a public rollercoaster we let some stacked minecarts glitch through the Misties:

I thought that the minecart glitching and bugging out was pretty cool and awesome and how it made it that far. Though I didn't enjoy the video for that reason, I actually liked the video for all the scenery in the background, it was amazing to see all the detail and art in each piece. Then remember that I was part of building that greatness, it gives me fucking chills man.

Second I think that having the plot build plugin is awesome, should of been made a year ago, it helps the droogs build in the build world instead of in plotworld, which doesn't feel the same. Though while watching the video I saw one problem that caught my eye, while creating the plots it was limited to the square/rectangular dimensions of the plot, I think when this is used the plots should be one or two blocks out so there is room for balconies, roofs that hang over, exterior detail, etc. :cool:

Last edited:
Second I think that having the plot build plugin is awesome, should of been made a year ago, it helps the droogs build in the build world instead of in plotworld, which doesn't feel the same. Though while watching the video I saw one problem that caught my eye, while creating the plots it was limited to the square/rectangular dimensions of the plot, I think when this is used the plots should be one or two blocks out so there is room for balconies, roofs that hang over, exterior detail, etc. :cool:

God dang it! I hoped noone would notice that this of course would not work, you're absolutely right, as I just pasted the house with WorldEdit I didn't notice while recording.

The first command I used to start the Plotbuild was /plotbuild create Aldburg none. The last argument is used to determine the border type that the plugin creates around the plot, default is a rectangular border on the ground, and additionally theres the "none" option where the plugin does not place an own border, or "float", a border that floats mid-air. I should have used the default "ground" option here and give 1-2 blocks more around the house outline.