• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #10/17 - New Pack, New Possibilities

qzremzy-png.5157

Opening statement

Hello and Welcome to the second installment of the ever popular MCME Times after the Reboot. The first part is always better. Jokes asides, we have a lot of topics to tackle today so let's get right into it. I hope you can overlook my obvious writing stupidity in the process.

To start things off The Dol Amroth Building Team is proud to announce the Dol Amroth Build Day, taking place on the 8th and 9th of April. Through it we want to get Dol Amroth up and running to create something we have never seen before on the server. Which directly leads us to the second topic. Yes, these are a hell lot of new textures. If you have not tried it yourself yet, or simply did not notice, get your hand on the newly designed Gondor Resource Pack and Plugin! It provides us with (insert number here) new Blocks and Objects to use. And all without a single Mod being installed. A huge shoutout to @Eriol_Eandur and @Finrod_Amandil for not only finding out new ways to use vanilla Minecraft, but also spending hours and hours of their free time to make it happen. And i think we can all agree, the result is worth all efforts!​

Project Progress

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @jacenpeter

@jacenpeter and @mattlego have made some river concepts for Andrast including a braided river. They have also done a great deal of planning into the northern part of Andrast and researching the geology that will be present there.
- @mattlego

Belfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Thijs1801

Progress on the Northern Terrain has been continued.​

Dol Amroth (In Progress) - Lead: @Eaglz24

It has been a fairly busy week in Dol Amroth. Last work on the Concepts has been done, and they are now finished. At the same time @Eaglz24 has started working on the Sewers. But the main focus of the week was to get the Build Day planned. It is scheduled for the 8th and 9th of April. For more Information on it stay tuned.​

Mordor Terrain (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz

No progress this week​

Moria (In Progress) - Lead: @Despot666

Moria is still going strong with multiple Halls being finished and worked on at the same time. @Ivan1pl has started a new hall and his last one has been finished, after players spent a very long time placing wool to turn into dust. Bender has almost completed his hall and now only the floor, parts of the wall and ruining needs to be done to finally finish this military training ground. Unfortunately, there is no news on Fire's hall. Darki, Patrick, and Ganderp have all started working on a hospital which is next to Ivan's new hall, a military school.

The chamber of light is having mass ruining in jobs lead by @thomasd_17. Many adventurers and commoners are tearing down the houses, pushing over furniture, and ripping carpet just like those goblins who attacked Moria.​

Tolfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz

No progress this week.​

Valley of Erui (In Progress) - Lead: @Mandos

No progress this week.​

Texture Development

Nothing new this week. All Texture Developers are burned out after creating all the new textures.​

Plugin Development

Animation Plugin (Testing in progress) - Dev: @Ivan1pl

No news this week.
Custom inventories / itemblocks (Implemented) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

As already mentioned, after hours of work, the custom Inventories are up and running smooth and nicely. Check them out for yourself! To do that simply press F ingame (Normally moves blocks in your left hand, if you have changed the hotkey please use that one instead).
Note: This method is only enabled in Dol Amroth, the rest of Gondor will follow eventually. If you want to use the pack in your TB or freebuild, type /inv b rp:2.
Block analyse / replace / switch Plugin (Testing in progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

As it is needed to update Gondor to the new Resource Pack (Block placements have been changed), it is just a question of time until this plugin gets implemented as well.​

Rank Updates

I'm happy to Welcome @mattlego to the rank of Designer. He will now give @jacenpeter a helping hand finishing Andrast.

Also I want to give @Delmana a warm welcome back to the realm of Enforcers.

Furthermore, @kisos has joined the rank of Artist again after his absence. Also joining the rank of Artist is @Milarwen , we wish you the best of luck in your new position!​

Media of the week

This Week this beautiful piece by @Lindolas woke my interest.
2017-03-27-235306_1920x1080_scrot-png.8660

On a side note. Check out @barteldvn Screenshots. He posted a Guide on how to archive massive render distances in Minecraft. Definitely worth a watch!
>Guide<

Upcoming

WANTED: Short stories!
@mapthor has been making a Bookstore in Bree with stories written by you in it. If you want another one of your stories in the store, then please write your story down and message it to Finrod! The length is pretty irrelevant, all it has to be is authentic. That especially means:
- No items that would not exist in Middle-earth.
- No MCME player names.
- No conflicts with the known storylines.​

Themed Build
Theme: Forest Gate
Resource Pack: Rohan

MCME Audiobook
The Audiobook, hosted by @TI_020601 is taking place regularly on Saturday evenings, 8pm BST, unless announced otherwise in this thread: The New Audio Book

Minecraft 1.12 News
There are several exciting things coming to Minecraft 1.12, which you will be able to check out in the new snapshot being released within the next week. In my opinion, the most exciting thing is the new mob, the parrot! There will be 4 different types of parrot and they are tameable. Other things announced are custom crafting recipes, custom achievement trees, and advancements. I still can't understand what 'advancements' are so check out this video to see if you can.​

Closing statement

So it has been another busy week. Especially in terms of Technical Improvements. Let's take the next week getting used to it. If you find any bugs or have troubles using the new Plugins, notice our Developers, they are always trying to create the best experience possible.

“I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.”
― Carl Sandburg

Like our Planetminecraft page daily to help promote MCME!​

Last edited:
Hey now! We artists did our fair share of ruining CoL too.
Nice first edition Luk, looking forward to all of the new features. Too bad they can't be implemented serverwide right away but they will probably do that as soon as everything is ready for it.