• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~ The MCME Times ~ [10/18/2020]

BOOOO! Did i scare you?
Spooky Season is almost here!
OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by Mapthor
Another anniversary, here and gone just like that. Even though the 10th has passed, I think we can all agree that it was one hell of a night. The whole community came together to celebrate one decade of MCME. We got to see the premier of the 10th Anniversary Video, made fun of Arch for being the most AFK player of the year, and even got to kill each other in survival. Many old members came back to celebrate and we even got a shoutout on Instagram from our friends over at Ardacraft (Thanks guys, keep up the great work!). MCME is a very special place right now. It has the power to bring people together in these hard times and never seems to disappoint. Here’s to ten more years of Minecraft Middle Earth.

Cheers everyone,
Mapthor

~ Project Progress ~

Anorien - Lead: @Barteldvn | In Progress
Report by Mershy

Anorien is still awaiting the forest update to finish off the forests and the surrounding terrain. Nearby, the marshes led by Darki are getting some nice progress using the new vegetation textures made by our incredible texturing team.

jnAGvcxm0zcwwSGHHwxAzfAUwOjeA6LdURPgVai-EB6yW6Bir9MuD5CGlajqSLpbs1ncXlSE7-QE7T_SqDmi4OEWaPA7rFQ3sqZXpSq4UUQgEB9_XpZ9ZoHGFwN4J-9wt_b-V4Ly

Lond Daer – Lead: @Ivan1pl | In Progress
Report by Soarz9

Moria Gang decided to pay war reparations and sacrificed their sanity to help build the unruined Version of the Main Wall - which is now basically done. Big Shoutout to Draonic, Bart, Mershy, Thamso, Xmine and Daom for deciding not to burn, but actually build for once. Meanwhile, other planning is continuing, and you can expect many more jobs to come over the next weeks and months!

ad3cnJ1vtuLuvqb9RrFdcWtB9TJoLWm9fsIdD3sK5iXO4xc7YivQyCi5hPJ7MDVVZOkQ6ULeAQYwbiPDCrBgjxHh_16_pxYdmRvrKH9bZ175p1d1ywxdCQ1JnmqxIk5oW8iHNPar

Moria – Lead: @barteldvn | In progress
Report by Mershy

It’s still really exciting over here in Moria. More progress over in the Mershy Mine, Myself and Daom are planning some new areas which are interesting. More textures have come our way as well including a brilliant new minecart texture that has a few variations. That should help massively with the current and upcoming mining projects. Finally Lacotax has finished the new voxelling in the great mines.

6XyOD7jHIYCQnX3Szo5nKjp5pMRaneqnQlMurGR3o_EYKuRn0rR8Wi0ZQEvzFEuXGZcEFQmrSazgD0NNOVMER7ltSH8NiDiVdfG3xXF0DcpzZXVQ2xs86ylPEUjZSPAeX0qNN1nD

Osgiliath – Lead: @ooitsbirdo | In progress
Report by maski98

Osgiliath walls are being finished at the moment with rogue and I running a 24 hour job so when this comes out the job is probably continuing. After that, ruined villages are gonna be built and the terrain around is gonna be redone a little.

BnjpJ8aTw2sD5tmoEYpQW9fG07OyLR-4wfpQhzMo3keL-g7sXHVoHblMZX4fD-K-UK2u1x4SaznFuUxNAG0bTBRho2Ner3MeDIuUZJFR4rcLrC6AWbWvS4CQEJr8fmeahjAPVD0X

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Hey guys! As usual, we need donations to keep the server running, so please help out if you can!
Viewing Donation Drive: Community Costs

Our Donors
  • WumBoWamBo
  • Emparra
  • D3rr3x
  • Mershy
  • robi2106
  • Aggressive_Dad
  • jesia
  • ooitsbirdo
  • We also had a guest who donated, whoever you are we appreciate your contribution to helping out our project.
#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

#NEWS
Anniversary Events:

Many have already taken place, so don't miss the rest. Check below in the link for the rest to keep up. You dont wanna miss the rest.

Anniversary Survival:
There is still time to take revenge on your fallen teammates or group don't give up! With survival still running you don't wanna miss out on all the fun. Check out the link below for some help!

Theme-Build:
Maski and Mershy have another amazing Theme for you this week, its a FFA Dol Guldur. The link below has all the information you will need to do it.

Build Battles:
Theme: Hobbit Hole

• Winners
    • 1st Place Bestbuild: Mediodox
    • 1st Place Funniest build: Xmine01
    • 2nd Place: Amha333
    • 3rd Place: AVeryAngryBadger

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by Soarz9

Sevy689: After an amazing trial period, we welcome Sevy to the rank of guide. She has been proving herself all around, you can catch her on the server with a shiny new name, or on the media team making our name known!
Guide Promotion

Jonatanknalle: Welcome back my good friend, and glacier. We all look forward to seeing what you do in the coming days with your new found powers.
Artist Promotion

Monster_Duck: He is still around do not worry, everyone has their time and it happens to us all. Thank you for everything you have do to contribute to the rank!
Guide Resignation

~ Interviews ~

Interview with @Thamso

Question 1. As an Artist, what is your favourite project or would be project on the server?
People's expectations of "fun projects" are generally more based on what they consider important in lore, not what is actually fun to build. But to be perfectly honest, I don't really care what it is I'm building as long as I can get in the zone and it has a room for a lot of expression of creativity. That's why I'm way more hyped in projects with vague descriptions and lots of room for interpretation compared to more robust and set in stone type of stuff like Mordor would be. So to answer your question, I'm really hyped for the elven builds that should be coming sometime soon (Avallone, maaaybe Lindon sometime), stuff like Anorien and Dol Amroth that push the building style to a new level or even non lore-attached builds and projects.

Question 2.If you could be any race in Middle Earth what would it be and why?
I could channel my inner lore nerd and explain how much I like elves and all that but you know what's more important than lore? Moria Gang. I am truly loyal to Moria Gang and a proud member. Dwarf for life.

Question 3. If Quanta and Itai has a fight who would win and why?
I think I'd give it to Itai for minecraft pvp, dude's got some sick moves. But I'm gonna go ahead and say I trust Quanta's otherworldly (get it?) strength in an irl duel.

Question 4. How would you describe your voice?
A smooth almost raspy voice of a tenor. Similar to that of the relaxing sound of a harp being played. No... it's pretty meh.

Question 5. Favourite Staff member and why?
With the honourable mention of Bart (pls no demote) I'm gonna say it's between honorable Moria Gang members Daom and Mershy. Both for being fun to talk with and hang out

Question 6. If you could live anywhere in Middle Earth where would it be and why?
If I could be anywhere at any time I'm definitely chilling in Gondolin for a while, sounds kind of glorious the way it's described. I'd also get to see dragons and well, yeah I'd get killed, but dragons are cool, so I call worth it. Though if I had to pick from someplace at the time of the server it'd be either Dol Amroth or Erebor, rich places distant from the plethora of things that could kill you in Middle Earth.
Question 7. Moria Gang...
Moria Gang. Riders of Doom, the 12 Horsemen of the Apocalypse, pilgrims on a mission and supreme raiders. Colonisers of the Glittering Caves, proud owners of Netherite armour and of Enchanted Golden Apples. Arsons of Rendul, Fangorn, Minas Aduial, Minas Tirith Marketplace, Edoras and many more. Spreaders of wisdom, bringers of gifts, best of friends... Slayers of the Grey Company.
Question 8. What advice would you give to anyone applying for artist?
Familiarise yourself with the building style of MCME, try to build in every up to date building style on the map and basically just copy them until you feel like you have a good understanding. (Look at Anorien for good interiors). Try to be active in the building community, join voice chat and make yourself known basically. Ask for feedback regularly and be open to constructive criticism (remember you don't have to apply everything). You also need to regularly update your artist app, just show you can build in every style and that you're dedicated to the server.

Interviewer: @Archimdes

~ Winners of “The Week” ~
So we got some good ones as always. Make sure you show some special recognition towards the winners of the week! They’ve presented exemplary displays of our server’s creative potential! Give a hand to these winners!

MEDIA OF THE WEEK:
I decided only four screenshots were worthy of the Media Winners this edition. Yes, four! I want even more high quality shots next edition, got it? I know you guys can provide that, I know you can. So get to work! And don't be too afraid to disappoint me. As I say, every screenshot is an experiment. Another step towards an even better shot. Don't let a failure stand in the way of improvement! Have a good week!

THEME-BUILD OF THE WEEK:
Those new textures. New concepts. Amazing!

~ Question of the Week ~

This Week's Question:{Question}
Name all the characters named Turin in Tolkien’s legendarium

Question: {Question}
What is the term for the female valar?

Correct Answer: {Answer}
Valië

Human100

Presented by: Monster_Duck

~ More Media ~

Woop woop. Everyone’s favourite part of the times has returned again! Huzzah! We gotta kick off this with the usual twitter. Be sure to give us a “hello!” at MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter . Who knows, Cookies may be involved!

Twitter is not the most popular “social platform”, so for you “yooves” with a trendy Facebook account, try following us there too Minecraft Middle-Earth

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

(What do you mean Snapchat is more popular than Planet Minecraft of course it isn’t)

~ Closing Statement ~

Next week will be our Halloween edition so keep an eye out. Thank you for reading this fortnights edition of
the MCME Times we hope to see you in the coming weeks with another amazing edition.

Great job for the Times Team, who did what they had to do, great job!

Quote from JRRT
“I will not walk backward in life.”

,,,,.png

The Official MCME Times
mcmiddleearth.com​

Last edited:
Túrin Turambar
Túrin I (6th Steward of Gondor)
Túrin II (23rd Steward of Gondor)

also thanks for getting theme-build winner guys :)