• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ [10/26/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
qZRemZY.png

Opening Statement

Due to real life obligations and some other shtuff last weeks Times was never finished. A tragedy of a scale unparalleled by anything in recent MCME history, or indeed... all of MCME history. However this week we've got the presses running again and we're printing these babies faster than ever before.
So step right up and get to reading.

Project Progress

S48Cijp.jpg

Annúminas (In Progress): The job creating houses for the flooded part of the city is still going on. Make sure you read the post before you start building though, there's some very specific guidelines since the houses will be submerged. When you've read the post and are up to speed you can /warp Flood to start helping out, or talk to @Wollip666 if he is online.

Dol Amroth (In Progress):
Dol Amroth is coming along nicely, with big walls appearing out of nowhere. The particularly exciting thing for me is that at this time it will be the first large city we do using a lot of sandstone. Setting it apart from the other gondorian/numenorian cities architectually. I can't wait to see what the final city will look like.
Additionally a build competition for the Dol Amroth gatehouse just started. You can find more information here.

Harithilien Part 3 (In Progress): The river sources in Harithilien have been finished. There's also a freebuild for long abandoned watchtowers. More information can be found in this post. Have fun building some wonderful towers. I know I might try my hand at one.

Misty Mountains (In Progress): Everything is going it's hallway over at the misty mountains. Now you might think there is something wrong with that sentence, but I assure you it is a proper Dutch saying, it just gets a bit messed up during translation.

Paths of the Dead (In Progress): The paths of the dead are still being worked on vigorously, and the city of the undead looks better every day. @Despot666 even threw in a little secret. I can't tell you much, but it is in the Paths of the Dead and if you can find it and manage to get in I will give you a cookie.
Supply is limited.

Osgiliath (In Progress): The build contest has been finished though the jury is not quite out yet on which one is the best. I'm sure it is a hard choice, but when the verdict has been made the winning build will be pasted in Osgiliath asap.

Miscellaneous:
@SugarKoala is still working on adding more signs in the shire. If you're up to the challenge suggest lore appropriate names for farms here.
@Jetfire301 is setting up some more repair areas on the Rammas Echor. An artist is still needed for the eastern most section, so if you're interested sign up here.
@K1sk1BBab35 is sprucing up the shire with some lovely new trees. If you want to have a go at building some trees check out this post.

Media of the Week

@freshmilkymilk has done a wonderful job with this screenshot. When most minecraft screenshots are full of life and colours, this picture shows a grey, gloomy and grimm scene in the once great city of Osgiliath.
iBI1AAsS7R3AM.png

Status Updates

Promotions:

@jcw2003 has joined the staff ranks as a Designer. A big congratulations to him.

Resignation:
@foxyyy1 and @Ma5terMinD have both resigned from the Designer rank after a while of inactivity. It is sad to see them go, but sometimes people just find other things to do in their life.

Meet the Staff

Name: Ghundra
Country of Origin: Canada

How did you find out about MCME and when did you join?
Found the old planetminecraft thread and then watched the first Jesse Cox video. Sent in an application with a bunch of stuff to show my worthy-ness and was whitelisted sometime in March of 2012.

What was it like when you were an adventurer (thrall/commoner) (droog/member)? Any nostalgic moments?
2012 was pretty busy what with the many river jobs going on followed by periods of drought where internal planning for the next areas of the map went on. The community back then was more relaxed and less intensly organized than it is now, which is not to say that it was better. For the most part my time as a droog was spent digging and sloping rivers until really early in the morning. Did that with the likes of old timers: @imtheproof, @taylore, @Bocklebee, @iDwarf and @JordoZombie while getting matcauthion to stream some music and discussing random things. Most of my nostalgic moments revolve around the different and many times that mirimo would call someone out and ask them why they were griefing. This would then turn into a 10 minute soap opera as the person tried to weasle their way out of the ban they were eventually going to receive.

Why did you apply/shoot for Enforcer in particular?

When I joined the server I never had the intention of becoming an Enforcer(bounder, officer) I wanted to be a foreman/steward or what is now designer because then I could do river digs, and generally just build on my own whilst listening to some music. My path started with being chosen to be a guide after they had recently purged the rank with most of those people who had been guide getting promoted to build ranks or what is now enforcer. I believe Jord and I were promoted on the same day after filling out a silly application that @Ryanturambar put together where we had to travel the server looking for the cities where he had taken random pictures. Although fairly short, my time as guide allowed me closer ties with the higher ups and slowly but surely I gained a larger friend base among the staff at the time. I did not really become interested in bounder until the time that my close friend @Kulmo decided to step down and it was mostly off the back of friends asking me if I was interested. It was difficult for me as I had been working on projects with Ryan to practice voxelling hills, which I eventually got too busy to finish. In the end I did tell @Iru of my interest in becoming a Bounder/Enforcer that came to fruition a few months later when @xxLDCxx and myself were promoted in some courthouse in the Shire.

Is there any type of architecture or server job that you enjoy working on the most? Why?
In the past I used to love working on the mountains as my free time allowed me to work on the small intricacies that others might not worry about but seemed to stick out to me like a sore thumb. Before that I loved doing river digs because they were a simple job that allowed me to relax and chat with some friends for a while whilst there was an officer online to oversee it.

What is your favorite thing about MCME?
The community. There is a great deal of friendships that I have made because of this community that I hope will keep long after we finish the map and its many revamps.

Do you have any other hobbies outside of MCME (besides MC and gaming)?
If you ever wanted to know more about me you should read my old Bounder/Enforcer application post if it's still around, either way I'll restate some of the stuff I posted there. I play a few instruments; violin, guitar, clarinet, saxophone and piano. Took part in some sports; soccer/football, american football, rugby and tennis. Outside of that I spend most of my time looking for and collecting music off of various websites, sometimes I post a few in the different music threads that I believe you guys might like. Other than that I play a few video games mostly PC centric titles; League of Legends and Starcraft 2, outside of the halo and CoD series on xbox.

Halloween

vector-schattige-halloween-illustratie_53-15081.jpg

For Halloween this year there's going to be some pretty cool stuff. Over the next week, leading up to Halloween, there will be several events to partake in. Additionally if you want to appease our lord and saviour Irufush1, you can check out this thread and help him in the creation of this thing which could have been so aptly named, but unfortunately was not. (Numerous things come to mind including, but not limited to: Headless Jack, Ol' Hallow and the Mummer)

Anyhow, activities include a maze that will be placed outside of Bree, and a movienight Saturday 10pm GMT hosted by Rcpopcornman where, amongst other movies, the Nightmare before Christmas will be watched.

Additionally there will be a creepy hunted house where, if you dare, you can search for the black skulls. It will be found on top of Bree Hill, courtesy of @Brazen_Helm

Find all your information here.

Community Outreach

MCME Podcast: @rcpopcornman is running an unofficial podcast. If you listened in during the livestream of the firstreal episode, great!If you missed it you can watch it back later as a vod should be uploaded by tuesday. You can discuss it HERE.

Facebook Page:
Have you checked out the MCME Facebook page? It is updated almost daily and provides not only great updates on the server, but also top screenshots, builds, promotions, and more! In other words, be sure to like us HERE.

Planet Minecraft Page:
As stated before, please vote for us every day HERE. This helps draw attention and commemoration towards the server and is really appreciated by the community. So do your part and support MCME!
13974_2.gif

Times Feedback:
Have a thought concerning the presentation of the MCME Times and how it can be improved? Because I am always looking for new ways to mix up and improve the Times experience through any means necessary and, if you have a comment or concern, its likely that someone else had it as well and just didnt say anything about it. So be sure to message me your thoughts on the forums.

Closing Statement

And that's that. Though there was an unfortunate one week gap in MCME times, I hope you're all caught up now. I hope you enjoy the Halloween events that will be happening on the server, but more importantly I hope you'll have a good time at Halloween it self.

Bonne nuit, mes amies.
And as a quote I'll leave you with one of the few funny parts in 'Band of Brothers' a WW II HBO series, I binge watched while I was sick.
Sgt. Burton 'Pat' Christenson: The stories about Speirs are probably all bullshit anyway.
Ken Webb: Stories? What stories?
Frank Perconte: Well, supposedly, Speirs shot one of his own men for being drunk.
Ken Webb: You're kidding. That's unbelievable.
Sgt. Burton 'Pat' Christenson: Yeah, and there's another one about him giving cigarettes to twenty German POW's before killing 'em.
Ken Webb: He shot twenty POW's?
Frank Perconte: Well, actually, I heard it was more like thirty.
Ronald Spiers: [Speirs arrives] Christenson.
Sgt. Burton 'Pat' Christenson: Lieutenant Speirs.
Ronald Spiers: I got the name right, didn't I? Christenson?
Sgt. Burton 'Pat' Christenson: Yes, sir.
Ronald Spiers: What are you men doing out here?
Sgt. Burton 'Pat' Christenson: We're watching the line, sir.
Ronald Spiers: Well, keep up the good work. While you're at it, you might want to reinforce your cover.
Frank Perconte: Oh... well actually, sir, Lieutenant Dike said not even to bother, that we're only gonna be here one day.
Ronald Spiers: Lieutenant Dike said that, huh? Then forget what I said. Carry on.
[starting to walk away. Then turns around]
Ronald Spiers: Oh, anyone care for a smoke?
[Christenson and Perconte look at him silently]
Ronald Spiers: [to Webb] You?
[Webb shakes his head vigorously]

Last edited:
Indeed, everything goes it's hallway.
Works in german too, another indication that dutch is just a weird mix of german and english...
Actually at first I thought with "hallway" you wanted to make a hint upon that we secretly finished Moria 2.0
jk, this wont happen for some time, but be hyped for it nevertheless. At least I am

How do I join this epic work?
Please Respond
Welcome to MCME! First, you have to change your forum name to match your Minecraft in-game name. Ask @q220 to change it.

The IP of the main, Build server is build.mcmiddleearth.com

Be sure you are using any version from 1.7.2 to 1.7.10

Get our resource packs here:
http://www.mcmiddleearth.com/resources/categories/official-resourcepacks.9/

And read the new player guide here:
http://www.mcmiddleearth.com/pages/new-player-guide/ it has all the information you need.

I've always wondered, how do you guys magically know if their forums name isn't their ign? I mean i totally would've named my mc account Skyrim.
According to this:
https://minecraft.net/haspaid.jsp?user=Skyrim
There isn't a Minecraft account with the name Skyrim.

Last edited:
I've always wondered, how do you guys magically know if their forums name isn't their ign? I mean i totally would've named my mc account Skyrim.

Works in german too, another indication that dutch is just a weird mix of german and english...
Actually at first I thought with "hallway" you wanted to make a hint upon that we secretly finished Moria 2.0
jk, this wont happen for some time, but be hyped for it nevertheless. At least I am

Wow you had me for a second... :D Good job

Status
Not open for further replies.