• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ [11/02/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
qZRemZY.png

Opening Statement

HO HO HO, merry belated Halloween everybody. And to all of you who didn't celebrate the Americanised version of this quite serious day: I hope you had a good Halloween. As for me, I do neither. I don't dress up, I don't put chairs around my fireplace (if I had one) or hide my kitchen knives, and since the average age in my neighbourhood is in the triple digits there were no children at the door either.
Aaaanyhow, if you didn't have a good Halloween I hope this edition of the MCME times can cheer you up.

Project Progress

DQ6x3yc.png

Annúminas (In Progress): The job creating houses for the flooded part of the city is still going on. Make sure you read the post before you start building though, there's some very specific guidelines since the houses will be submerged. When you've read the post and are up to speed you can /warp Flood to start helping out, or talk to @Wollip666 if he is online.

Dol Amroth (In Progress):
The build competition is still going on and you can still sign up. Make sure you read this post for more information. Some of the gatehouses are starting to look really good and I'm excited to see which one wins. Perhaps contestants can take a peek at the first gatehouse, which is not part of the competition, for inspiration.

Harithilien Part 3 (In Progress): There's some wonderful watchtowers appearing in the designated area on plotworld, but there's still some spots left. If you feel you can replace those empty plots with wonderful watchtowers read this post to get yourself set.

Misty Mountains (In Progress): The revamped misties have their first west-east connection at the Redhorn pass. It also features a road so if you feel like taking a hike and checking out the work you are more than welcome to do so. All that is left for the Redhorn pass now is a couple of bushes, but it already looks very cool.

Paths of the Dead (In Progress): Very few of you found the secret that Despot has put in, but those few have received some of the most delicious cookies for their merits. I'm sure they can vouch for their crunchyness and wonderful flavour. Let us take a second here to mention this edition of the MCME times is sponsored by Oreo, try some today!
As for the actual Paths of the Dead, they're looking great. There is still a very large cave that will need to be filled with houses and other decorations though. So if you have some spare time, help despot out and build him some houses.

Osgiliath (In Progress): Congratulations to @Isengard1234 for wining the Osgiliath build competition, ruining the market we had put so much time, effort and love into. Good going there Isengard, good going :'| Despite this tragic event, work on Osgiliath is still going with some ruining jobs being ran this week. Additionally you can help out by designing some grade A ballistae or other flingers of generally deadly objects, check out this post.

Miscellaneous:
@DSESGH is digging out a new Deeping Stream. It has been unfinished ever since we copied over Helms Deep to the new map.

@SugarKoala has finished adding signs to the shire towns and farms. Hurray, let's all congratulate her.
@Jetfire301 is setting up some more repair areas on the Rammas Echor. An artist is still needed for the eastern most section, so if you're interested sign up here.
@K1sk1BBab35 is sprucing up the shire with some lovely new trees. If you want to have a go at building some trees check out this post.

Development News
There has been a radical change in the way themedbuilds are handled, with the release of a new ThemedBuild plugin. It is now very much an automated system allowing people to take things into their own hands more. Whereas previously you'd have to wait for a staff member to light your fire, or add some water you can now do all of this yourself.

Read more about the plugin here, and make sure you say thank you to @Ivan1pl, @aaldim and @dallen1393.

Media of the Week

Today I wanted to show of two pictures that have made use of the new player weather command.
Mist upon the whiskeycider bridge by @DragonHorizon and a picture of a rainy Nindalf by @DSESGH.

Mist upon the whiskeycider bridge
full

Rainy Nindalf
guQypI0.jpg

Status Updates

Promotions:

-none

Resignation:
-none-

Meet the Staff

Name: jcw2003
Age (optional): 18
Country of Origin: Italy

How did you find out about MCME and when did you join?
I found a video on youtube about Mcme because I was searching Lotr minecraft stuff for my Hamachi server that I used for play with my friends, I got amazed by Isengard and Lothlorien.
I joined in November 2013

What was it like when you were an adventurer (thrall/commoner) (droog/member)? Any nostalgic moments?
The first time I joined the server, it was amazing. I love lotr and with MCME I started explore every single city and village built, it was like a paradise for a Lotr fan and I also enjoyed to help in every job. My nostalgic moments are grassing job with Will_em and his music, and all the Themed build that I made for become artist

Why did you apply/shoot for Designer in particular?
I wanted to do more for the server and run jobs for involve more people because when i was commoner I loved to have the opportunity to work on the server. Also I wanted to make some big projects and after I made the Osgiliath Bridge ruin project I just wanted to do another project by my own.

Is there any type of architecture or server job that you enjoy working on the most? Why?
I love Gondor architecture ruins job and lion statues, I love Gondor build style because when i saw the Lotr films and read the books everything related with Gondorian Cities left me amazed, and believe me a 9 years old child who see for the first time Minas Tirith in the films can't get more amazed. I really like ruins job because I'm very good as ruiner and for each house you ruin you can tell a story with it: what happened with this house, why this house got destroyed here instead here.. And i have an obsession with lion statues, i made one for Lond Daer Themed Build when I got my promotion to artist, I don't know if lion existed in Arda but in the next city I will work you'll probably find a lion statue somewhere.

What is your favorite thing about MCME?
My favorite thing about MCME is the community, we have such a great community here and I always enjoy to speak in teamspeak with people even if my english is not the best. Italy english instruction rulez!

Do you have any other hobbies outside of MCME (besides MC and gaming)?
I play electric guitar since 4 years and i have a beautiful Les Paul faded ( <3 ), i also played football for 5 years until our lovable FICG (italian federation of football) has decided to make us play sunday at 8.00 AM so after 6 month I left because i couldn't enjoy my saturday night (in Italy we have schools on saturday)

Community Outreach

MCME Podcast: @rcpopcornman is running an unofficial podcast. If you listened in during the livestream of the first real episode, great! If you missed it you can watch it back later as a vod should be uploaded by Tuesday. You can discuss it HERE.

Facebook Page:
Have you checked out the MCME Facebook page? It is updated almost daily and provides not only great updates on the server, but also top screenshots, builds, promotions, and more! In other words, be sure to like us HERE.

Planet Minecraft Page:
As stated before, please vote for us every day HERE. This helps draw attention and commemoration towards the server and is really appreciated by the community. So do your part and support MCME!
13974_2.gif

Times Feedback:
Have a thought concerning the presentation of the MCME Times and how it can be improved? Because I am always looking for new ways to mix up and improve the Times experience through any means necessary and, if you have a comment or concern, it's likely that someone else had it as well and just didn't say anything about it. So be sure to message me your thoughts on the forums.

Closing Statement

And that's this week's MCME times. I know time has gone way too fast and now it's already time to say goodbye, but don't worry. We shall meet again next week, on the glorious battlefields of justice! Before then though, I will leave you with this quote:

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
-William Shakespeare
This is why I'm so humble. Wait, did I just call myself stupid? Shakespeeeaaare *shakes fist*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.