• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ [12/08/18] Announcements

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Hey guys! As usual, we need donations to keep the server running, so please help out if you can!
https://www.mcmiddleearth.com/donate/community-costs.1/campaign

Our Donors
Here are this week's latest donors. Good work guys! #MCMEdoesnotrunitself:
#NEWS

Good news everyone! Finally the clutter of a million discord channels telling you the same things are gone. Please welcome the #News channel where you will get updates from Staff, Assistants and Guides about events and whatnot. Make sure to not mute it otherwise you may miss some important community announcements. Thank you BWOT for fixing this issue :D

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by Jonatanknalle

MidnightToast12: Another artist I see, yeah, 12, also known as MCME12 or xXThe12thXx, has also become artist, he has proved he is an awesome builder, so congrats :) promotion

Otho: Enforcer and former designer otho has decided to leave the staff team, we will miss you otho! resignation

~ Interviews ~

Now as it is custom we have two interviews; the “First Impressions Interview” and the “Meet the Regulars Interview”. I will be interviewing a new adventurer about their experience on MCME and I will be interviewing our regular. Our regular in this edition is one of our most annoying players since well ever, it’s…@Merlinc01!
Interview with @Merlinc01

1. How did you find MCME?
I was looking for some factions/themed servers and checked some of the 'server list sites'. I stumbled upon MCMiddleEarth and just copied the ip among some other and pasted them in the add servers thingies in Minecraft. I never checked out the others that came after MCME.

2. What was your experience like as an Adventurer?
I was welcomed by a wall of friendliness when I entered the server. I walked around a bit, discovered the dynmap and decided to go find some other people. Like socializing on a mc server. I saw Mr. Eandur around the area of what would be DA. So I started my journey to cross the map. After 15 mins of flying I found out I could fly. Then after half an hour of flying I finally got near Eriol, and ofc he left. I raged and then people told me I could've just warped there. That about wraps up my first day on mcme.

Super: annnnnnd you met meeee! And I still remember your first themebuild, you built a boat instead of a farm, #BreakingRulesFromDay1

3. What made you want to become an Artist?
Fun fact, at first I wanted to be a guide. Being the redstone nerd I was, knowing nothing about building, having never actually built somethin descent in my life, I thought I'd never be able to get to the level of those artists. And I enjoyed talking to people so... Then after building a lot of houses (no life building 9 houses a day) Kjol threatened to go say the Fin to promote me to artist regardless and so I applied. I think it didn't really matter what rank exactly I'd get, if I just could help out with the amazing project.

Super: Yeah, I convinced you to go for artist, then you beat me to getting artist, and thennnn I saved the guides from you. You’re welcome Guide rank!

Raffy: You would’ve been a welcome addition Merlin :(

4. What do you like most about being an Artist?
I don't think there's one specific thing I like about being an artist other than being an actual part of the community.

5. Where is your favorite place on MCME?
The old /warp cremor, god that was funny. Now I think Lag Amroth is a nice place. Or super's old themebuild 'farmstead' cause it has some memories to the old days.

Super: ‘The old days’ Jesus it was a year ago, not like we’re back in 2012 Merl.

6. Who is your favourite character in LOTR or the Hobbit?
Radagast, no doubt. He's one crazy man. He just tries to help in his own silly way and no one seems to appreciate or understand it but he doesn't care. Also he's on shrooms.

Super: Fun Fact: Only reason Merl likes him is because his house was the Theme Build that made him an artist :p #exposed.

First Impressions Interview
By LegoCellist

Here is another interview with a new player to gain their perspective on the server. New players are just as important as our eldest players, so getting to know them is crucial! This week, we’re interviewing a new player, hence the title, its @Fexelitche

Question 1. How did you find MCME?
I randomly skipped through youtube videos one day, and stumble upon a guy which name I've forgotten. He showcased the concept in a video with some of his friends and went on out in the MCME. I had to run, so I didn’t see much in the video itself. Later on, I remembered the server and luckily it's IP. (Else I wouldn't have come that far...) So, I joined. Never since had a reason to leave though I’m just an Adventurer.

Question 2: What were your impressions of the community on the server when you first joined?
Well, silent, but helpful. I bet people were caught up in expanding this extraordinary server. My many, and probably quite newbieish, questions were answered with patience and links. Many links. Oh good lord the links! They did help - a day after when I opened my other browser and finally found them.

Question 3: What was your impression of our finished projects; Minas Tirith and the Shire?
I've mostly been in the Shire, but it is exactly as I would have expected it. Very... New. I have never myself tried to create the land of hobbits or any of that kind, but I liked it a lot! It was cozy, a bit crampy here and there, but the amount of detail put into it is somewhat breathtaking. The hobbits holes/houses are very well done.
Minas Tirith tho... Holy censored. To watch the white city walls towering above you as statues are guarding the gates and the city's unfold behind it... that was breathtaking. No cozy hills or hobbits. No, pure white stone and cramp streets. Towering buildings and almost sensible heats as the sun bathes the white city from above. This is no over exaggeration. This is awesome.

Question 4: What was your impression of our current projects such as Dol Amroth and Moria?
I've visited Moria... And it's huge. It's unfinished but it looks very promising! I crossed the small bridges where Gandalf the Grey fought the creature of Shadow and Fire and entered the first Deep. It's massive and greatly detailed once again. I can’t imagine the amount of hours this must have taken. Even WITH like 10 or more builders. And note that this is the second version of Moria... Anyhow, this is simply next level Minecraft. All of it. Now I’m just waiting to see this unfold and finish, even if it'll take 10 years, It'll be worth the wait.

Thank you again @Fexelitche

~ Winners of “The Week” ~

So we got some good ones as always. Make sure you show some special recognition towards the winners of the week! They’ve presented exemplary displays of our server’s creative potential! Give a hand to these winners!

MEDIA OF THE WEEK:
This week, The illusive title of Media Of The Week goes to the brilliant @RubenPieterMark ! As well as many pictures of the areas surrounding Nen Hithoel, He also took this very atmospheric picture of The Nindalf, which I think is awesome. Great job Ruben!

ieB7kRQbHvZZrvzjb_pZgdIicjm5M5ihPyM5hqeHb1QApMQQ4tN_D9f_rPih9GmAd0hrw2nwsDhMzgexhstONf7EHQraOrZcB-IUH4Lgj01mVgZu1d_WJd0vHgpUbybCf2Qg5j1P

THEME-BUILD OF THE WEEK:
Annnnnnd in this edition of Theme-build of the week with Super, we don’t have a current theme winner. Sooo, I decided to go back to some of the ‘older’ theme’s to check out the older ones. In this edition of the times I have decided to showcase a temple by @phoenix108

This theme is truly awesome great job @Phoenix108

ZruWMIDZImjisSSMLyNz03rmS6plXydRxvpuwYk7eRMKPiHXmmVQ161cLie1atp7ZsPNGvzLYM-ghXcxXOOMDdhB_6Mg866TqiNNS_Fndc5t7wHMZFDZkxrryJhdJysbGlJU4mUz

FREEBUILD OF THE WEEK:
By Raffy

This week’s Freebuild is nothing short of absolute beauty. I’m delighted to give the award to one of hardest working Artists, @Jonatanknalle who made this beautifully magnificent Dragon. I get tears in my eyes looking at the beauty of it. Awesome work Jona!

YrqBZJgKZMP3YHh-wk25ifh97Peixz14-j9OJZRs2YmK3I1lcmRajNZ2xfS_ax0YiTiJb8AFXMDOj8JC1JzqSHBcsFcV_O9M8l9ArWSxI7oFJPY7_fTN-uLtwMYQIjNV-1ukn3UY

~ Upcoming ~
Themed Build
Theme: Cerin Amroth
Resource Pack: TBD
Duration: TBD
Link: TBD

~ Lore of the Week ~

Havens of the Elves

Havens were always very important to the Elves as deep with all of them there is a desire for the Sea and to go West. During First Age the main havens were Brithombar and Eglarest where Cirdan ruled. Later after the northern realms of the Noldor and also Brithombar and Eglarest were destroyed many refugees came to the Mouth of River Sirion and built there the Havens of Sirion. Earendil was considered the Lord there. Also some elves of Brithombar and Eglarest went far south and founded Edhellond. After Beleriand were flooded after the War of Wrath many Elves came to Lindon and built new havens there: Harlond, Forlond and Mithlond, right? I would have said “yes” without hesitation as they are all three clearly visible on all maps. This one for example with annotations by Tolkien himself: Map of Middle-earth. But this week a discussion started on MCME discord and I tried to find all passages about the havens of Lindon and was quite surprised by the result. There is not one mentioning of Harlond and Forlond independent from Mithlond. I even found only one mentioning at all: “But when Earnur came to the Grey Havens there was joy and great wonder among boths Elves and Men. So great in draught and so many were his ships that they could scarcely find harbourage though both the Harlond and the Forlond also were filled.” - LotR, Appendix A

Obviously you can read this in two ways the “also” at the end may refer to “Harlond and Forlond also” or “Mithlond and also Harlond and Forlond”. For years I understood it like the second one (as I had the map in mind).

But without any other mentionings of Harlond and Forlond, with no history about these towns I now tend to the first. Otherwise this passage from the Silmarillion would be very weird: “Upon the shores of the Gulf of Lhûn the Elves built their havens, and named them Mithlond; and there they held many ships, for the harbourage was good. From the Grey Havens the Eldar ever and anon set sail, fleeing from the darkness of the days of Earth; for by the mercy of the Valar the Firstborn could still follow the Straight Road and return, if they would, to their kindred in Eressëa and Valinor beyond the encircling seas.” I would really expect Harlond and Forlond to be mentioned here if they are separate towns and not the two parts of the Mithlond at the northern and southern banks of the River Lûhn.

There is no proof of course, you have to make up your mind yourself. This is probably what I like most about Tolkien's writings, he is giving so many details but there is still a lot of space for your own imagination.

~ More Media ~

Howdy folks, just want to let you guys know that we do have multiple platforms that represent MCME. One of those being Twitter! If you have an account, make sure to follow MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter for some additional content revolving around the community!

For those of you without Twitter, fear not!!! We are also represented on Facebook! Like us here: https://www.facebook.com/mcmeproject/

Now, make sure you give us a diamond on Planet Minecraft! The more popular this thing is, the more help we receive :) Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ Advertisements ~
Artist
Building is one of the fundamental parts of Minecraft Middle Earth, and it is done by the amazing Artists on the server. Many times we are asked how can I build and we have an answer for you: Become an Artist! Working on all the new projects with Designers and Foremen while furthering your building skills in this community is something all Artists get to take part in!
Does this sound like something that you would like to do? You can apply for Artist/ today on the forums! The Designers and current Artists will work with you and help you on your journey.

Guide
You’ve joined MCME but you really couldn’t care less about building? But how can one do something different on a build server? Become a Guide! There are many things other than building that help the server and one of those things is guiding people:
As a guide, you are the face of MCME! Without the rank of guide, we don’t attract nearly as many new players and those responsibilities are shifted onto busier shoulders. We are here to keep people interested and make MCME as fun as possible without distracting the focus of the server. Think that sounds like something you would want to do?
Just click Guide and apply today!

Tolfalas Untamed
If you haven't heard of Tolfalas Untamed, it seems as if you haven't been around much on MCME much these past 3 weeks. In short, it is a tour, hosted by Raffyyy and myself (Samfries_Taranoc), which covers the “wildlife” of the South Gondor island of Tolfalas in an Attenborough-esque romp through the fields of that balmy isle, but with a comedic twist… Our first three episodes (at the time of writing) have done well, covering the marshes and beaches, as well as an overview in the pilot, and if your interest has been piqued, episode four will happens at 5pm BST on Mondays, or 7pm Tuesdays, depending on which of us is hosting.

~ Closing Statement ~

We resembled the Times Team and I have to say I am quite proud of our work! GG

For most of us school laborers, we will be going back in the next week to month, so enjoy the days while you can!
I think we are starting to also settle into the changes so lets have some fun in that Survival!

Hope to kill you in the battlefield BWOT <3

Now we have J.R.R. Tolkien shedding some wisdom onto our puny lives
“A man that flies from his fears may find out that he has only taken a shortcut to meet it.”

DZsuZKrr33pgxOKwmTSGjx1kbLf4pN--du8X4y-f2h8tdfyVmXQEzlS8X6K0sFp3vpqJ1-10eItNMRYBLfRLNrDHIjz8xVsLlVp4513-G3ecjlrR0LXOllHT1lfynxkiAB0I1e7I

72lI756bd3o3U5n3dpAD-Wi0EBl6J3qP_TwRIvwwmkefKygtutVpDrLGUzv7-jCA_jupg6sMRy8wdKYWNdtwPnf1yfJ0VXxUEMncRuaPJfYyNS66Ldqv5BNQ1CuVThTvA3llXFKl

The Official MCME Times
mcmiddleearth.com​

Awesome work on the times guys! Even if I tried to be as critical about it as I used to be (and since has promised not to be) I wouldn't have been able to find anything wrong with it. Nicely done.

As to answer @Fexelitche's question: Moria has been built by basically the entire comunity for around 2.5 years now and is about 22% done I believe.