• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ [12/08/18] Project Progress

dOFhmIOMVDLn34i-HwwEl7H3LtE1S4r5cIsy3wQmQXKGH9XIOqt2Gag0WXtqAX_KuMG9rtRzdpZLTnxvfuEQ-pbRjdv7sDWGRMvrdv-uarYZHoBJU1op-yLhhJpVSUBtPW_nO995

The Official MCME Times
0CDhjCNiNd0Am8x8Q-czbTN8mNR-d4uCf-KfIxGyS0q1j9hhutboF1lh-CZO496nGHKr2cZBxRDm2i-W1Nd6mPzHqkofr7xO9PGpuReDoWDXyvAHZiR285WNY9c4kudP-46dzSQn

Survival of the Blockest!
Happy Survival Games. And may the odds be ever in your favor!

1zWcz14tG7wVSu20371k5IX4kT9jjIwLxFyIInuRtbhfE_FCOjs77txTTbZFEFiOLJv29udUxx2-p9R4q44eawNa1K1YxFPd70KhlbF5IGH9e6LL8wLaGqlZq5OKQil1YWpK6u2O

Editor's Note by BWOT
Well what an "eventful" week (Summer Events Pun Am I Right). Closing Ceremony is coming up and that will be the start of a 2 week Survival. This will hopefully give the development team some time with some things as well with Project Planning and once Survival is done we can start with some new phases of projects or new projects in general. I’m glad of the fun and progress we made in the last two weeks and thanks for everyone's cooperation on the Summer Events. Great stuff!

~ Project Progress ~

Andrast - Lead: @jacenpeter | In Progress
Report by BWOT

Matt and Jacen have been, you guessed it, grassing. However, I believe it’s the last part!

lBLg3eKAbe2ZQDWbZp3dWuWMhnqG5zqYm2P5TS5jphujbVmCLQeudCM0m2f6PocCEwT2oPO0fldt8Ai-VJKP2xuza9sziop8owV2psNaAVlgRz_XZ7FwprSxQyf4DrlVbfjjm40r

Belfalas – Lead: @Darki/@Eriol_Eandur | In Progress
Report by BWOT

All progress has been stalled as we have been derp checking all of Gondor due to the RP Merge. That is almost done and so once Darki comes back from his exams and one week holiday I believe we can begin the vegetation.

scbP1sFWfOtpiG_5CY1Xk5naAd2PZLnGf6Nys8Q2F4iOf9yUGkb-k0KJ8XIVH20LT5vWfbpYzaiqXQ6JWxtS9lhS9y2BPjRQtLAwfNGPrjEs2O5nJmWHEVCfF4n4d4m5UZGkm4XO

Dol Amroth – Lead: @Thijs1801| In Progress
Report by BWOT

No progress whatsoever :D. @Thijs1801or @Kjolsen, we need you!!!

RMl1YIUtj6dnKNnnFN6eyx3BtuHnGE4oFlkHnKRr-YofcJ1WsV_71t2T1sPyC04ov7cIAGOi9OanGMpkbxPd0V9CWyLOUY9nel40_8QauuRai9_LsjOWWrC7qPMm_HDT9Tr5nKxk

Moria – Lead: @Patrick_0901| In progress
Report by BWOT

Some jobs for some houses, me and Patrick are creating a forum post with most of the planning for what's left in Moria.

NOvGMRLTmTTozjn5HLvKeLDlE-NJUF-CP4614EBtW5xHkxtAXbaKg1ZQjk8U8J-_OGbLlEV-sWl2tc02g5LYowKtZjJkp5Sx-0VGL0FEDo-OJwZMyXzVY0SwkO2vh9GRSKzUes1Z

~ Texture Development ~

Report by Eriol

Gondor RP merge
The Gondor RP merge is almost done. All plugin replacements have been applied and the manual replacement and derp fixing jobs are underway. Thanks a lot for helping with this!
The custom block inventory with all the new blocks can now be used everywhere in Gondor.

Our goal is to make the custom block inventory available in all RPs but for now Mordor and the 1.13 update are more pressing.
*Eriol is on holiday for the whole week so not a lot of progress can be done with either of these I (BWOT) will continue to make some textures improvements and etc.*

~ Plug-in Development ~
Report by Eriol

No progress with plugins as I put all my time in the Gondor RP merge. With that almost done now I’ll shift my priority to the 1.13 update. I had a first look at the new blocks and mechanics and also at the new Spigot API, the main plugin interface). 1.13 will bring us many great improvements, but it’s still a long way to go. It’s the biggest change of Minecraft since 1.7 update. The Spigot team (they are coding the server we are using at MCME) wrote that they made as many code changes as in all updates since 1.7 together. There is still no safe Spigot 1.13 server and we’ll have to wait for 1.13 versions of the external plugins like FAWE, Voxel and MyWarp. Also we need to update our own plugins. Due to the major changes in the Spigot API this will require much more work than for the last updates.

Another issue are our resource packs. The RP structure is much different in 1.13, I still hope for a RP converter, but as we added a lost of custom blocks I expect a lot of work here too.
So I fear you’ll have to wait for MCME update to 1.13 quite some time, more like some months than weeks.

Feature of the Week - Do you already know...
The Resource Pack Switcher?

If you have server textures enabled (in the multiplayer server list > edit > server textures > enabled) the MCME server should send you the correct resource packs (RP) for each region. There seems to be a problem with cached files. When the server RPs are updated you might still see the old RP, in this case you can force an update by deleting all files in your .minecraft/server-resource-packs.

But automatic switching of RP doesn’t work at Themed-builds and at freebuild world. So what to do? You can use /rp <RP> command. Currently there are these RPs available:
  • Eriador /rp e
  • Lothlorien /rp l
  • Gondor /rp g
  • Rohan /rp r
  • Paths of the Dead /rp p (This is the old Gondor RP)
  • Dwarven /rp d (used in Moria)

FOR PART 2 OF THE MCME TIMES EDITION: ANNOUNCEMENTS, CLICK HERE: ~The MCME Times~ [12/08/18] Announcements

Last edited: