• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~[12/1/2019]

Merry MiddleEarth!

It's that time of season again!

OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by Soars

Another two weeks and another edition to showcase your favorite content! It's the first of December and the weather is getting chilly, meaning blankets and tea. Work around the server is going smoothly and efficiently, there is always room for more builds. Not to mention the upgrade to 1.13, which means we are going to have a lot to look forward to in the coming days! This week we have our usual's and some good information in our development section, so be sure to check that out. Anyways, grab a buddy and a hot drink and enjoy what we have for you this week!

~ Project Progress ~

Anorien - Lead: @Oberanio | In Progress

Report by Soars

As the season gets colder the project has slowed down due to vegetation textures (and the cold). However Toti is working hard to continue the progress and move us forward. The Progress will resume soon!

Anorien 3.png

Misty Mountains – Lead:@Finrod_Amandil | In Progress

Report by NicovicTheSixth

Sadly, no progress here.

Mitsties.png

Lond Daer – Lead: @Ivan1pl | In Progress

Whilst we are waiting for the update to 1.13 for the resource pack update, there has been one person - Ivan. Ivan is continuing to plan and making sure that we can start as soon as the style and pack are ready.

lond daer 23.png

Moria: Fellowship's path – Lead: @DoctorDaom | In progress

Recently there was a discussion about the highway of Moria for trade, this led to a decision on making one that is a lot more direct through Moria and goes straight. To do this we are re-planning a few areas of Moria. Furthermore we have had some progress in a dwelling cave by NicovicTheSixth. Lastly, barteldvn has been terraforming in the cave around the Chamber of Light, so that is good for progress!

Moria 3.png

Osgiliath – Lead: @ooitsbirdo | In progress

Report by FoolhardyFish

The focus for me these past couple weeks has been Christmas shopping, but most importantly Osgiliath vegetation. Progress has certainly progressed with only 3 buildings and the main camp left to be completed (and, of course, the alleyways in-between). Moreover, Bartel continues to work attentively on the Dome of Stars, removing cobblestone and adding that lovely green.

Osgiliath 3.png

~ Texture Development ~

Report by Toti

Week 20. I’ve started to see colorful pixels everywhere. I can’t escape them. They won’t leave me alone. Not even in my sleep…

That being said, the past weeks I’ve been chipping away at the daunting task of matching the leaf blocks to other bush textures. I’ll be opening a discussion thread on the Team Forums soon so I won’t talk too much about it here as I know not everyone enjoys texture talk. However, I can say that MCME forests are in for a massive upgrade.

I also had a go at redoing the color maps. The picture below shows a WIP color map with a bunch of new and more realistic colors. You might notice that I’ve also been able to add some altitude dependent variations and gradients. Some parts of the wall might look a bit derpy to you but as far as I can tell these color maps work very well. I tried to keep most colors as close to the old color map as possible but for the sake of getting more variation I changed some biomes colors completely. Might need derp fixing :p

Dev section.png

~ Plug-in Development ~
Report by Eriol

Update MCME to mc 1.13 1.14
So I tried to update the plotworld to 1.13 but found out that the latest 1.13 snapshots of FAWE and FAVS (Voxel) are not working at all. Both plugins are no longer developed for 1.13 as they already moved to 1.14. So I did a very daring move and started plotworld server on 1.14. There were some errors with plugins but in general it worked surprisingly well. As a result I aim at direct update to 1.14 now. I was able to fix quite a lot of errors today. It will still require some work and more testing but I guess we get to 1.14 sooner than expected.

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor

Hey guys! As usual, we need donations to keep the server running, so please help out if you can!

Our Donors
  • Eriol_Eandur
  • conorpo
  • gadget271
  • Starpro747

Viewing Donation Drive: Community Costs

#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

#NEWS

1.13 Conversion:

It's been a while, and we have waited. But its finally right around the corner - we will soon be in 1.13!

~ Rank Updates ~

Report by Didi45

No rank updates to report in this edition.

~ Interviews ~

Regular Interview
Interview with mapthor

Question 1. What made you want to become a Guide?
When I joined this place back in 2017, the people I hung out with were all guides or people applying for guide. Also, I couldn’t build to save my life so guide was the next best option.

Question 2. Who is your favorite player and why?
Gotta be my boy Soarz9. The bean master is such a fun guy to be around and play games with, he’s without a doubt my favorite person here as of now.

Question 3. What's your favorite place on MCME?
Bree. I don’t know why, but I just love the place. It’s so roomy and peaceful that it stands out to me.

Question 4. What's a piece of Lord of the Rings lore you are proud to know?
Uhhhhh, the actors for Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli all had an injury when they were filming their opening scene in The Two Towers. Gimli had a dislocated knee, Legolas had a broken rib, and Aragorn had a broken toe.

Question 5. What is the best thing you’ve done on MCME that you are really proud of?
Created the Dol Guldur puzzle race event with Arkengard and Isengard last year for the summer events. Probably the best thing I’ll ever do here not gonna lie.

Question 6. What made you join MCME and why did you stay?
I think I just wanted to see what LOTR would look like in Minecraft and the people I found there made me stay. Shoutout to Mando, Gary, and Awaywind for keeping me here.

Interviewer: wazowskithewhite

Thank you again Mapthor for the Interview

~ Guide of the Month ~
Getting this is a badge of honor, it tells the server and everyone in the community that you are without a doubt a hard working and great Guide. This guide had gone all out this month and done many different tasks, such as being apart of a 4 hour tour, working on media, and running events for our server. He is passionate about his role here and we can see why, Congratulations to Arothir_Alamareo for getting guide of the month and by how ready you are I don't think this is the last time.

~ Winners of the month ~

We got some good ones as always. Make sure you show some special recognition towards the winners of the week! They’ve presented exemplary displays of our server’s creative potential! Give a hand to these winners!

Note by RubenPieterMark: Apologies for the last edition’s lack of winners. I am unsure what happened, neither do I remember forgetting about it. Either way, hereby an edition with the best theme-builds and screenshots from the last four weeks.

MEDIA WINNERS:

It is truly amazing that we still get so many amazing screenshots. Usually stuff like this stagnates after a few weeks/months, but for two years now we have been receiving topnotch media from community members. This edition I particularly want to thank Xmine, Mithril, Arothir and RRe36 for their awesome screenshots.

THEME-BUILD WINNERS:

As I stated above, I totally forgot about picking the best theme-builds last edition. I could have chosen all best plots from the three theme-builds from the period since the last time I chose the best theme-builds, but I chose to pick the best plots from the Lossoth theme. This because the current theme-build does not have completed plots yet, and the Dark Door theme only has one fully completed plot.

That being said, congratulations to draonic_slayer for having built my personal favorite theme-build. Admittedly though, the other three plots were very closely tied to the winner.

~ Lore of the Fortnight ~

Of Númenor:

The Isle of Númenor, originally named the isle of Elenna, was an island situated in between Aman and Arda home to the Númenóreans, descendants of the houses of Haleth, Bëor and Marach. It was raised by Ossë, founded by Aulë and enriched by Yavanna. It was raised as a gift to the Edain for their efforts during the War of Wrath beside the Valar and the Elves. Númenor grew to become one of the most powerful realms of the Second Age under the kingship of Elros Peredhil (brother of Elrond), and its people, as well as their descendants, had considerable influence on the events of the Third Age.

The Númenóreans were forbidden by the Valar from sailing so far westward that Númenor was no longer visible, for fear that they would come upon the Undying Lands, from which Men were barred. Over time the Númenóreans came to resent the Ban of the Valar and to rebel against their authority, seeking the everlasting life that they believed was begrudged them. They tried to compensate for this by going eastward and colonizing large parts of Middle-earth, first in a friendly way, beginning with Tar-Aldarion.

Eventually the Númenóreans began to decline due to their pride and irritation toward the Valar and as such fell to corruption from the outside. They started to dominate the shores of Middle-earth and demand tribute from the lesser people which they had liberated and taught, and became a massive brutal maritime empire that had no rival. The nephew was the twenty-fifth king, Ar-Pharazôn, sailed to Middle-earth. Seeing the might of Númenor, Sauron submitted to the king's authority, and he was brought back to Númenor as a hostage. Sauron, under the guise of Annatar, quickly rose to become the advisor of Ar-Pharazôn and corrupted him, creating cults of Morgoth. This corruption ultimately lead to Ar-Pharazôn leading to the doomed invasion of Aman. During this time, the white tree Nimloth the Fair, whose fate was said to be tied to the line of kings, was chopped down and burned as a sacrifice to Melkor. Risking his life, Isildur rescued a fruit of the tree, preserving the ancient line of trees.

Fearing that the Númenórean army could wreak havoc in Valinor, but forbidden from killing or otherwise using force against Men the Valar called upon Ilúvatar for assistance. He broke and changed the world, taking Aman and Tol Eressëa from the world forever, and changing the world's shape from flat to round. Númenor was covered by great waves and sank into the abyss, killing its inhabitants. Those who fled, the Faithful, led by Elendil formed the kingdoms of Arnor and Gondor from the already established Númenórean settlements.

~ Question of the Week ~

This Week's Question:

Who is Girion?

Question:

What were the names of the 3 splinter kingdoms of Arnor and their respective rulers at the time of their creation.

Correct Answer:

The 3 provinces of Arnor were Rhudaur, Cardolan and Arthedain

No winner This week! What a shame. Maybe someone will guess right next week…

Presented by: Raffy

~ More Media ~

Woop woop. Everyone’s favourite part of the times has returned again! Huzzah! We gotta kick off this with the usual twitter. Be sure to give us a “hello!” at MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter . Who knows, Cookies may be involved!

Twitter is not the most popular “social platform”, so for you “yooves” with a trendy Facebook account, try following us there too Minecraft Middle-Earth

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

(What do you mean Snapchat is more popular than Planet Minecraft of course it isn’t)

~ Advertisements ~

Artist

Ahh yes. We all know the question. “How can I build?", As well as the responses “You can try a theme build” and “You can take part in jobs." The other answer is “Apply for Artist”, and the last option is by far the most exciting. Being able to build in your favourite places all the time. Sounds awesome. We can never have enough Artists, and with a wide range of current projects, there’s plenty for you to do!
Are you inspired to join MCME’s main build rank? You can apply for Artist/ today on the forums! The Managers, Designers and current Artists will work with you and help you on your journey.

Guide

Or perhaps, you’re not a builder. Well. That’s not a problem! Becoming A guide is obviously the better option anyway. As a Guide, you’re the forefront of MCME, and there’s no greater feeling than when someone says your tour was awesome. You don’t actually have to be a lore nerd either, you’ll pick up on lots really quickly.
When you join the Guides, you’ll be giving tours, running minigames and testing players in lore quizzes, or if you prefer less “on the spot” stuff, Guidebooks are obviously your zen, or helping to tell MCME about MCME by writing up articles in the times. You’ll also plan help plan events such as The Summer Events and The Anniversary Events. We hope you join us soon, because us Guides really would love some more of us. What’re you waiting for?
Just click Guide and apply today!

~ Closing Statement ~

Christmas time. Mistletoe and wine! It's not too early surely. Alas don't be a Scrooge tis the season after all, and don't panic, Santa will be visiting MCME very soon...

Great job for the Times Team, who did what they had to do, great job!

Quote from JRRT

“Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times

mcmiddleearth.com​

Last edited by a moderator: