• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ [12/22/14]

qZRemZY.png

__Opening Statement

We're another week closer to christmas and for many of us the winter holidays have started and we're school free for a few weeks. We're seeing the first signs of christmas on the server as well. Read up on the christmas event posts if you've missed them, there'll be links further on in the article. With that said, sit back and enjoy another edition of the times.

__Project Progress

ksY3wQS.png

Annúminas (In Progress):
Progress on Annúminas is slow but steady. This week we saw the addition of some new canals making their way though the future residential area. The military district is almost done and the 'administrative building' has also seen some work and is now practically finished.

Dol Amroth (In Progress):
Unfortunately it's been a slow week for Dol Amroth. @demonataz wants to increase the speed with which the houses will be built and pasted in; however he needs to layout a lot of wool outlines before further work on Dol Amroth can begin. We already see a lot of wool outline in place though so expect a lot of work in the near future.

Linhir (In Progress): If you've seen the picture above and compared it to the project progress picture last week you will see the extreme speed with which this project is progressing. If you haven't you should open up last weeks times and compare the two.
I guess the freebuilds have been paying off as large amounts of houses have been pasted in, and an entire docks, market and poor area was finished. Kudos to the wonderful staff members in charge and those working on the freebuilds.

Lossarnach (In Progress):
The valley that was started last week has seen some immense improvements. The overall terrain has improved but most noticeable is the addition of some quaint farms, worn paths, an orchard and what has to be my favourite brook in MCME. It's really nice! All we need now is some flowers for the valley of flowers and it will be ace.

Misty Mountains (In Progress):
The durins tower contest has finished and a winner was chosen, if you're interested in the results look here. A hearty congratulations to @mullerl who won the competition, but I also want to commend everyone who worked hard to deliver their best product. After all that is what it's all about and even if your work won't be pasted in the main map, it's still an impressive build to be proud off.

Paths of the Dead (In Progress):
@Despot666 as returned and is once again working on the paths of the dead. Things will progress as they will. @Credoo finished his secret stone, he says it is: quote "the manifestation of the fear and anger of all the souls trapped in the mountain". I don't know about that though.

Miscellaneous:

@DSESGH is working on a new Deeping Stream. The digging of the main stream has been finished and voxelling has started. The tributaries will also be voxelled in, no more digging jobs unfortunately.
The shire tree project has been put on hold untill a new Designer has the time to help out with voxelling, worldeditting, and oversight.

Current plotworld jobs and contests:

__Public Projects

Like a christmas gift, saint @Credoo has brought us public projects. I hope you guys are as excited for this as you should be. Starting now you can pick a project from a list compiled by staff and fill in an application form. If your plan is sound and credoo believes you can get it done you and your friends can be assigned your very own project. A piece of the project that will be truely yours.

We already have a project starting on Lothlorien vegetation after concers were raised by @ardelenia. Perhaps you will be able to find something that fits you just right. So roll up your sleeves and prepare yourself to get started, because now anyone can lead a project. Provided you have a good plan of course.

__Media of the Week

I am touched, both by the wonderful picture amd @DSESGH's consideration when he made this screenshot just for me. Well perhaps not just for me, but I'd like to think he did. Either way it's a lovely image of the recently refurbished moria west gate and surroundings.

Moria West Gate

W5lnnud.jpg

__Status Updates

Promotions:

none

Resignation:
ThatRuben has unfortunately left us. Goodbye you crazy cheshire cat.
Though I don't normally mention Artist promotions and demotions I thought I should mention the recent 'purge' if you will. It's a shame to see so many talented builders have found other ways to enjoy their free time, but what can you do. I hope some of you pop in from time to time.

__Build of the Week

@mullerl's winning build of the Durin's Tower Competition sure look nice pasted in on location:

AnDGQRP.png

__Christmas Events

To celebrate christmas there will be multiple events this year. Ranging from activities in minecraft to teamspeak and unofficial activities on Twitch. This is the main post with a schelude and links to other posts explaining what exactly will be happening.

There will be a very special christmas server just for the minecraft events at christmas.mcmiddleearth.com which was mostly built by the wonderful @wodleth. There you'll see activities from snowball fights to curling and an overarching scavenger hunt. There will also be dramatic readings of christmas stories and a livestream for charity.

Don't be overwhelmed by all the excitement and forget to don your minecraft character in some festive clothing. There is a skin contest going on these weeks whose theme is, needles to say, christmas.

__Community Outreach

MCME Podcast: @rcpopcornman is running an unofficial podcast. If you listened in during the livestream, brilliant! If you missed it you can watch it back later, a vod should be uploaded by Tuesday. You can discuss it HERE.

Facebook Page:
Have you checked out the MCME Facebook page? It is updated almost daily and provides not only great updates on the server, but also top screenshots, builds, promotions, and more! In other words, be sure to like us HERE.

Planet Minecraft Page:
As stated before, please vote for us every day HERE. This helps draw attention and commemoration towards the server and is really appreciated by the community. So do your part and support MCME!
13974_2.gif

Times Feedback:
Have a thought concerning the presentation of the MCME Times and how it can be improved? Because I am always looking for new ways to mix up and improve the Times experience through any means necessary and, if you have a comment or concern, it's likely that someone else had it as well and just didn't say anything about it. So be sure to message me your thoughts on the forums.

__Closing Statement

It's been a good week and I hope next week will be twice as good. A lot of people will have some more free time these next few days. Despite the many hours we'll all have to spend with family I'm sure we'll get a great many things done on the server this week.

Finally a quote:
Ho ho ho, merry christmas.
-Mr. Santa Claus

Last edited:
Ok so only lotherion is available any in the future such as osgilithith or a place in mordor
You are able to help with any project if there is a job or a freebuild in plotworld. Jobs are started by a designer when they have some work that needs to be completed. If you ask for one, there is a chance that they will have something, but usually you will have to wait. Currently @Will_em is running a lot of jobs when he's on, so he might be a good one to ask. The only plotworld freebuild open at the moment is for Linhir houses. To take part in that, you need to find a house outline in Linhir (/warp Linhir) - those are the wool outlines - and ask a designer to copy it to plotworld for you. There will also be a poor houses freebuild for Dol Amroth opening soon, but it isn't open currently.

You can also lead any project in the list in THIS thread. The list is compiled by staff members, and new projects will be added quite frequently. They will include small to medium sized projects such as small towns, camps, or villages. If you want one, you need to make a plan, following THIS format. Post the plan in THIS subforum. These applications are checked by @Credoo, our head designer, and either approved or rejected. Anyone can apply, but you will have a better chance if people know you well; for you, I would suggest hanging around for a little while, since you only joined yesterday. However, if your plan is really good and you have good concepts, you will almost surely be allowed to lead the project. There will probably not be any projects in Osgiliath, because it is completed. Once we start Mordor - we will need to finish Gondor first - there will most likely be public projects such as orc camps.

I hope that clears some stuff up! Just ask if you have any questions - most anyone is always ready to answer them.

It does clear stuff up thank you but what is the server ip and the mods needed to use it? That's the last question btw

It does clear stuff up thank you but what is the server ip and the mods needed to use it? That's the last question btw

Minecraft Servers

• Main server (Build server, where we're building Middle-earth): build.mcmiddleearth.com
  • Freebuild server (where you can build freely within the ToS rules and where Themed Builds happen):
    freebuild.mcmiddleearth.com
  • Survival vanilla server: survival.mcmiddleearth.com
  • Christmas server (will be open until January 4th): christmas.mcmiddleearth.com

Other Servers
  • TeamSpeak server: ts.mcmiddleearth.com
TeamSpeak is needed for Jobs and Tours, and to get involved in the community, so I recommend downloading it. Learn how to download TeamSpeak here.

We don't use any mods in the server, but we use custom resource packs, that you can download here.

You will also need to read this and this.

Last edited:
Ok thank you, and some of the builds require voxel, what exactly is that. On the wiki it's very confusing.

Ok thank you, and some of the builds require voxel, what exactly is that. On the wiki it's very confusing.
If a build needs voxel, that pretty much means that terrain needs to be edited, which is mainly what we use the plugin voxel for.

Ok so I don't have to use it and when lady_of_rohan. Put in the end you need to click here and here can u walk me through that sorry I'm new

Click the new player guide and next steps and follow those and what they are saying got it. When I get on the server I need to do /dynamap webregister then get the code for it then plug it in. When it says user ID is that my email or username? Also when I join a job is it creative or survival because it seems like it's survival and then ur givin a certain amount of tools to build that? Also again it will automatically tell me the team speak address when I join. So is the team speak like only required when in a tour and when team building and how do I get it?

Last edited:
Click the new player guide and next steps and follow those and what they are saying got it. When I get on the server I need to use the thing for the dynamic maps use the code and register for it then log in then what ami supposed to do?

You don't exactly need to use the Dynmap, use it if you want to. It is very helpful though, it's a 2D live map of the server, shows player locations, warps, etc.
To use the Dynmap you have to run /dynmap webregister in the Build server after you pass the New Player World, so you'll get the registration code needed to register.