• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #14/16

qzremzy-png.5157
Opening statement

Ahhh finally a week where I could lean back a bit! Progress is always very nice, but lately it was just crazy how many things there were being worked on and where I had been putting my nose into! Especially the plugin development has taken a bit of a time-out this week, and therefore also these Times will be a bit shorter than usual. I hope you'll enjoy it nevertheless!
Whats Up?
Breaking News: Auto-Teleport Plugin installed!

Yeah, the first of the new plugins is finally installed on the main map! Find a little more info in the Plugins section!​

Project Progress

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @jacenpeter

Back from the forests up to the mountain peaks was jacen drawn this week, shaping another large chunk of terrain towards its final shape.
Anfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @kisos

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly kisos can create nice looking terrain... This week he has worked on the foothills of the White Mountains once more and has quickly created a few square kilometres of new terrain :eek::cool:.
Belfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Thijs1801

This week not much progress from myself, but @Mandos has been going crazy on his part of the province! Beautiful hills and a lovely fort keeping an eye out on the great sea and anything that enters the gate to Linhir (/warp Greymane to see it). A new town is also in the planning, namely Rimaer.
- Thijs1801
Fornost Reruin (In Progress) - Lead: @Fireinferno13 & @Demonataz

All walls and sewers are officially done with the exception of the main gate.

The keep has pretty much become @Wraith_Knight 's personal project as other artists have given up to the task at hand unfortunately. That being said, a lot of progress has been made as only a few structures still need to be ruined!
- Fireinferno13
Lamedon (In Progress) - Lead: @Eriol_Eandur

The mighty river Ringló from Ethring to Spathlin had many colours this week, from yellow to red to brown to blue again at last. Make sure to throw a look at this terraforming masterpiece!
Misty Mountains (In Progress) - Lead: @Emilio_ (Eregion), @Finrod_Amandil (Misties), @Mandos (Gladden Fields)

The rough terraforming is now done for the entire huge sandy area on the eastern side of the Misties. In the next step I now have to nicely smooth out all of it. Observe the dynmap a bit, more and more should now turn from yellow to grey!
Tolfalas (New) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz

The last big thing of Gondor to be tackled has been started this week: The island Tolfalas near the Mouths of the Anduin. Tyran has completely nuked the island this week - he turned it all to sand and then chopped away all the weird hills. I am very curious how Tyran imagines this island and how it will look like in the end!
[Public Project] Fennas Drúnin (In Progress) - Lead: @thomasd16

The last 2 weeks have been very busy for Fennas thanks to a ton of Artists helping out building the industrial/market district. During my absence Bengberg and Greg did an excellent job leading the project and got nearly all the houses done I planned out for them to do! This week I finished off the market area in terms of houses and all that is left now is to detail the streets and squares. All that are left to do now are 2 more house districts and a keep and the city will be done!
- thomasd16

Plugin Development
Animation Plugin (In Progress) - Dev: @Ivan1pl

A plugin to animate small parts of builds, mainly doors and gates.

No changes since last week.
Plotbuild Plugin (Testing in progress) - Devs: @Eriol_Eandur & @Ivan1pl

The Plotbuild Plugin will make it possible to make plots on the main map that can be claimed and be built on by anyone and then be easily reviewed and managed by staff.

New New Player World (Implementation in Progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur, Assistance: @_Luk

A new Intro Quiz for new players.
@q220 is working on setting up the new NPW, there's some unexpected difficulties with copying the map that have to be dealt with.
Moria Teleport Plugin (INSTALLED!) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

The first of the many new plugins to be installed on the main server is the Automatic Teleport plugin! @q220 has installed it this week and of course I could not resist to set up the automatic teleport to the moria world. If you want to access new Moria now, simply do /warp Moria East Gate and walk straight in! For those using the automatic Resource Pack: This is working now too for Moria (however only if you enter Moria through the East Gate, /mvtp moria will not change the RP).
Minigames Plugin (Small fixes in progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

A plugin to easily run various minigames like Hide and Seek, Races and Quizzes.

No changes since last week, the form for new questions is still open: Questions for Minigame plugin
MCME-Architect (Testing in progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

MCME-Architect is an assortment of small plugins of all kinds that make building on MCME easier and more enjoyable.

Resource Packs
Mordor Pack (In Progress) - Lead: @bender400

@Ardelenia has created an awesome "eye detail" texture, which in fact is inspired by an original design by JRR Tolkien himself!
SqUcxJQ.png

Rank Updates

One demotion from Artist this week for undisclosed reasons.​

Other news
Audiobook review

We started at Parth Galen, below the hill of Amon Hen. We concluded the Fellowship of the Ring with the unfortunate events of Boromir trying to get the Ring from Frodo, upon which Frodo had to flee and decided to move on only with Sam, leading to the Breaking of the Fellowship. Right after that, in the very beginning of the Two Towers, Boromir the Brave had to depart from the Living, and Aragorn and Co. make for chasing the Uruk-hai through the plains of Rohan.

A nice documentation of these dark hours of the story was once again created by @Wraith_Knight:

Upcoming

Themed Build

Theme: Formenos
with pre-built terrain!

Project Build 3 weeks!
Resourcepack: Gondor
Thread: #12/16 - [Project Build] Formenos

The Themed Builds will from now on be hosted by @Ivan1pl! Thanks a lot for your support!
Scheduled Events
Audiobook session 11

Make sure you have access to a fancy rig next week, for it is time to enter the Fangorn Forest!

Unless announced differently in the course of the week, the next session will take place on Saturday April 2nd, 19:00 GMT.
Jobs & Plotbuilds

Jobs for next Saturday will be announced in this thread over the course of the week. Be sure to ask Designers for jobs at any time, maybe they can offer something!
Closing statement

“If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.”
- Albert Einstein

. .

Like our Planetminecraft page daily to help promoting MCME!​

These Times have been proofread by Ardelenia

Last edited: