• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #15/17 - Gondor RP 2.1 Being Released

qzremzy-png.5157

Opening statement

Welcome back to the great mass of words, that sometimes make sense, which is known as 'The MCME Times!' This week, we have news from the past 2 weeks for somebody didn't get around to writing The Times last week as we were both very busy. But, never mind about that, because we can have extra information this week in one post, instead of two. Now, I have added a new section to The Times called "Smaug's Lore Fact of the Week", this will only be in my editions. Unless @MaDIIReD wants to make an inferior "Mad's Lore Fact of the week". This is located below.​

Project Progress

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @jacenpeter

Over the past 2 weeks, Jace and matt have been working on the foothills of the mountains which have now mostly been turned into stone and grassed. Jacen and matt have also been working on some new textures for Andrast (see more info about this in the texture section below).
Belfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Darki

Terrain in North Belfalas is still being smoothed and voxelled.
Dol Amroth (In Progress) - Lead: @Thijs1801

So over the past 2 weeks, lots of things have been going on in Dol Amroth. We started with Dol Amroth being on hold while the new resource it being complete and when the pack was nearing completion, progress resumed. First, Thijs moved Eaglz's DA into plotworld and the build on the main map was removed. Next, Darki smoothed the terrain in DA so planning could start. The planning of Port Town (lead by @thomasd18) was finished and also wodleth started to plan the theatre and music school. @Mandos has started to build the Military District in Dol Amroth which is looking very nice at present, and will look even better when the new blocks are released. @Volcrest has been working on updating the walls.

The building of Dol Amroth will start very soon as soon as Thijs gives the go ahead after the new pack is released.
Lamedon (On Hold) - Lead: @_Luk

No updates as the project is on hold.
Mordor Terrain (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz

No news this week.
Moria (In Progress) - Lead: @Despot666

A lot of progress has been happening in Moria and so many blocks have been placed which means prism can't even show them all! Halls are still being built and worked upon and places are being ruined. There have been several jobs run in Moria. Despot has been making textures as well this week so the Moria rp can be updated soon. Other than that, I do not have much other news for Moria this week.
Tolfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz

No news this week.
Texture Development

Over the past couple of weeks, Eriol and Finrod have been very busy putting together all the new textures into the Gondor 2.1 RP. Jacen and matt have also been working on new rock texture (eg. granite) for use in Andrast which have been put into the new pack. However, because there is a limited amount of space on blocks that are not Itemblocks, not all the new textures can be put into the new pack, therefore when 1.12 is released and we update to it, they will be added then.

The new pack may be released today!​

Plugin Development

Custom inventories / itemblocks (In progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

No progress this week for Eriol is working on new textures.
Perks Plugin (In progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

No progress this week for Eriol is working on new textures.​
Rank Updates

Over the past 2 weeks, we have had to promotions to Artist! @Volcrest has returned to the rank and @Darrhub had been recently promoted. Congratulations to both of you!

Now, I must unfortunately announce that @Delmana has stepped down from the rank of Enforcer. It has been great working with you and I hope to see you again soon. Mára mesta an ni véla tye ento, ya rato nea!

Media of the week

This week, I have chosen a beautiful screenshot (one of the best I have seen) by @barteldvn.
Afbeelding1.png

Upcoming

Lore-Off
The Lore-Off has now begun, and the time to sign up is past. Over the next few weeks we shall see who will be victorious and claim the title in this competition of lore geekery. I for one wish all of the candidates good luck, with the exception of my opponent of course.
WANTED: Short stories!
Mapthor has had his bookstore for a few weeks now but he has got very few stories in it. Mapthor needs your stories, so if you enjoy a bit of writing or even reading, here is more information about the bookstore and how to get your books in it:

@mapthor has been making a Bookstore in Bree with stories written by you in it. If you want another one of your stories in the store, then please write your story down and message it to Finrod! The length is pretty irrelevant, all it has to be is authentic. That especially means:
- No items that would not exist in Middle-earth.
- No MCME player names.
- No conflicts with the known storylines.
Themed Build
Theme: Argonath
Resource Pack: Rohan
Duration: 1 Week
MCME Audiobook
The Audiobook, hosted by @TI_020601 is taking place regularly on Saturday evenings, 8:20pm BST, unless announced otherwise in this thread: The New Audio Book
[New] Smaug's Lore Fact of the Week

So, I have recently been researching a lot of lore that not many people know about, for example the history of pipeweed, or what do hobbits live in depending on their social class in society. The way this new section will work is I will give the topic (for example: the history of pipeweed) then I will make an explanation. However, this week I am Not talking about Hobbits, but I am talking about the Stewards of Gondor...

Fact: Dol Amroth ruled over the whole of Gondor for a short period of time.

Yes, that's right, Dol Amroth (DA) ruled the whole of Gondor for a short amount of time. But how was this? During the time of the Battle of the Pelennor Fields, Prince Imrahil of DA brought soldiers to Minas Tirith to aid them. During the battle, or even before when Faramir charges out to Osgiliath, Faramir gets wounded by a poisoned arrow and then in The Houses of Healing he is essentially in a coma. When Aragorn finally gets to the city after the battle, Prince Imrahil recognised Aragorn's claim to the Throne of Gondor and bows down to him calling him his 'Lord.' However, Aragorn and Imrahil agree to not enter the city yet for Steward Denethor II is still alive and mad which would create problems.

Denethor then burns himself and dies. So, as Faramir is dying, only healing powers of the King can save him from death so Imrahil leads him to the Houses of Healing where he heals Faramir but he is still in a coma. This means that Faramir can't take up the stewardship, so Prince Imrahil becomes the Temporary Steward of Gondor. The banner of Dol Amroth is then raised above the White Tower of Ecthelion and therefore, for a brief moment of time when Imrahil is Steward, Dol Amroth technically rules the whole of Gondor. But the Amrothians never use this power to any advantage.

Please vote in the poll above so I can get your opinion on this section.​

Closing statement

So, I do hope that you ha enjoyed the new lore fact addition for the Times and I should be looking forward for writing more of them. Have a good week.

. .

Like our Planetminecraft page daily to help promoting MCME!​

Last edited:
There's more thypos than at a thypewriter convention in there but I like it regardless, especially your lore fact section.

Maybe make it a little bit more structured, as the beginning "But how was this?" question and how it is followed up is quite weird, still I say yay!