• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #17/17 - New Moria Pack Released

qzremzy-png.5157

Opening statement

Welcome back to The MCME Times! This week Minecraft 1.12 was released as well as some resource pack updates on the server. Sorry that this edition is a bit late but I have to revise for exams, which are ending on Friday; so, I will then have plenty of time to write it. Now, let's jump into the project progress and fall all the way down to the closing statement going through a mixture of plugin progress updates, upcoming things, and cats!​

Project Progress

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @jacenpeter

This week, there has been more terrain being done but with new textures. There are now sandstone cliffs.
Belfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Darki

More terrain smoothing...
Dol Amroth (In Progress) - Lead: @Thijs1801

There has not been much progress here this week for they are waiting for the custom inventories to be fixed, which has been done now. They are also waiting for the server to update to 1.12.
Mordor Terrain (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz

No news this week.
Moria (In Progress) - Lead: @Despot666

@Fireinferno13 has been continuing his halls and a couple of them have been built. There were a few ruining jobs in the week and some halls were filled with water. Someone should call a plumber to get the pipes fixed... The new Moria RP was implemented yesterday and it has its own custom inventory. Derps were started to be fixed yesterday which were caused by the implementation of the new packs.
Tolfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz

No progress this week.
Texture Development

The resource packs of Gondor2 and Moria have now been updated which loads of new textures. They will automatically download on the server but you can download them if you do it manually from these links:

Gondor Revamped
Moria Pack

Plugin Development

Custom inventories / itemblocks (In progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

The new Moria custom inventory has now been implemented and the new Gondor one now works on the server.

This means new blocks and custom inventories for the Moria pack and also the custom inventories for Dol Amroth are now working again. To open them press the switch hands key (default "F") when inside Moria or Dol Amroth, or else use /inv b rp:2 or /inv b rp:d respectively.
Perks Plugin (In progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

No news this week.​
Animations Plugin (Testing in progress) - Dev: @Ivan1pl

This week, Finrod has been testing the plugin so it can soon be implemented. Here is something he did with it:

Rank Updates

No rank updates this week.

Media of the Week

This is defiantly my favourite screenshot this week, by @the_pharaohs_cat.
2017-01-19_13-10-41-png.9232

Upcoming

Lore-Off
The Lore-Off has now begun, and the time to sign up is past. Over the next few weeks we shall see who will be victorious and claim the title in this competition of lore geekery. I for one wish all of the candidates good luck, with the exception of my opponent of course.
WANTED: Short stories!
Mapthor has had his bookstore for a few weeks now but he has got very few stories in it. Mapthor needs your stories, so if you enjoy a bit of writing or even reading, here is more information about the bookstore and how to get your books in it:

@mapthor has been making a Bookstore in Bree with stories written by you in it. If you want another one of your stories in the store, then please write your story down and message it to Finrod! The length is pretty irrelevant, all it has to be is authentic. That especially means:
- No items that would not exist in Middle-earth.
- No MCME player names.
- No conflicts with the known storylines.
Themed Build
Theme: The Glittering Caves
Resource Pack: Rohan
Duration: 1 Week
MCME Audiobook
The Audiobook, hosted by @TI_020601 is taking place regularly on Saturday evenings, 8:20pm BST, unless announced otherwise in this thread: The New Audio Book
Smaug's Lore Fact of the Week

Now I have started to read 'Beren and Luthien,' which is set in an older version of the legendarium for the book, I discovered this fact:

Fact: Elves are afraid of cats.

Tevildo was the Prince of Cats and was the mightiest of all cats, where he has all cats subject to him. He possessed an evil spirite and was in Melko's constant following. As all cats were subject of Tevildo, elves were afraid/has a dislike of cats. Here is the exact quote from Beren and Luthien:

"Wherefore is it that there is hatred still between the Elves and all cats even now when Melko rules no more, and his beasts are become of little account."

Closing statement

Sorry for only a little amount of information regarding project progress, but I still hope that you have enjoyed reading it.​

. .

Like our Planetminecraft page daily to help promoting MCME!​

Lore-Off
The Lore-Off has now begun, and the time to sign up is past. Over the next few weeks we shall see who will be victorious and claim the title in this competition of lore geekery. I for one wish all of the candidates good luck, with the exception of my opponent of course.
This has been in the Times for quite some months now... Is there any news on it @Olwe ?

So, did that morph into Queen Beruthiel in a later legendarium, or were they both just instances of Tolkien hating on cats?