• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #18/16

qzremzy-png.5157
Opening statement

Phew, summer is coming, at least here in Switzerland, and to be honest, I'm already a bit afraid it's gonna get a tad too warm for my taste :p What about you, do you prefer the cold or warm seasons, or does the summer still hide under a rock where you live?
Anyway, dress up matching to your weather so that you can enjoy this week's Times without having to moan about it being too warm or too cold.
Whats Up?

Breaking News: 1.9 Update on the move!

@q220 made a clear statement with his recent status update and also I saw that the Development Server has been updated and runs now on Spigot 1.9.2, in fact Eriol has already updated all of his plugins to 1.9. From what I have heard was the update from 1.7 to 1.8 a much more complicated task to achieve than the one from 1.8 to 1.9. Therefore we can look forward to this update to happen in the nearer future!​

Project Progress

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @jacenpeter

Beside some small refinements to the materials in the far south of Anfalas, a new giant chunk of terrain has been tackled in the north. Still it is very rough and sandy, but you can already guess how majestic the peaks will eventually look!
Anfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @kisos

Salt flats done. Thanks @Wroxxite. Wraith continues work on his farm.
- kisos
Belfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Thijs1801

Even though one major patch of land already seemed to be done, it got reverted to sand once more. Meticulously the terrain there has been shaped into countless perfectly smooth curves, which, I can tell you, takes ages even with voxel!
Lamedon (In Progress) - Lead: @Eriol_Eandur

Eriol is currently working in Belfalas.
Misty Mountains (In Progress) - Lead: @Emilio_ (Eregion), @Finrod_Amandil (Misties), @Mandos (Gladden Fields)

No progress this week.
Tolfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz

No progress this week.
Valleys of Celos and Sirith (In Progress) - Lead: @Fireinferno13

The valley town of Tumladen is pretty much done at this point thanks to a lot of help from people like @samgamgee10 , @henryoly ,@Kjolsen , @Wroxxite , and of course @_Luk . There are still a few details that need finishing up as well as adding the SW corner once the respective terrain is completed (because we were lazy and wanted to build rather than voxel). As of this point, focus now shifts to voxeling in some pretty mountains as well as the valley surrounding the Celos river to the West.
- Fireinferno13
[Public Project] Fennas Drúnin (In Progress) - Lead: @thomasd16

Work has moved beyond the city walls this week and the construction of all kinds of farms are in full progress. The market square thomas mentioned last week has been built now and it looks amazing, just as all the detail between the houses that give this town an especially lovely atmosphere.
Plugin Development
Animation Plugin (In Progress) - Dev: @Ivan1pl

No progress this week.
Plotbuild Plugin (Testing in progress) - Devs: @Eriol_Eandur & @Ivan1pl

Dang the testing session we scheduled I somehow missed, if you Ivan have remembered it, I'm really sorry!
New New Player World (Testing in progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur, Assistance: @_Luk

No changes this week.
Minigames Plugin (Small fixes in progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

I'm almost done reading the Hobbit, I could gather quite a bunch new questions, and by the way added some interesting facts to my personal knowledge about the areas in Rhovanion that I did not have in mind yet, especially the fact that there's a marsh near where the Forest River flows into the Long Lake, and that theres some impressive waterfalls at the end of the Long Lake.
MCME-Architect (Ready for implementation) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

Eriol has managed to tame what seemed to be one of the most stubborn blocks in minecraft: The burning furnace! I hope we can also look into @BRASHEXODUS's concept of a steam/smoke texture, because these two would combine really well and make things look a good amount more lively!

Resource Packs
Mordor Pack (In Progress) - Lead: @bender400

No progress this week.

Rank Updates

- none -​

Media of the week

In regards of the (so far yet a bit underwhelming!) hype for 1.9, here's a video showing the most important changes. Hopefully we can make also use of the changes to PvP at some point!

Other news

Audiobook review

If it would not be for poor Frodo and Sam, we would have witnessed a Reunition of the entire Fellowship of the Ring this week at Isengard. But only of short lenght was this merry time with Merry, Pippin, Aragorn, Gandalf, Legolas and Gimli, already Pippin and Gandalf rode off to Minas Tirith, leaving the others behind.
Upcoming

Themed Build

Theme: Ephel Brandir
Resource Pack: Rohan
Thread: #14/16 - Ephel Brandir
Scheduled Events
Audiobook session 14

Without really noticing it we finished Book number 3 last Saturday, and thereby completed half of the Lord of the Rings saga. Next week, entering Book 4, we will return to Frodo and Sam and what happened to them after the Breaking of the Fellowship.

As always: Saturday, 19:00 BST.
Jobs & Plotbuilds

Jobs for next Saturday will be announced in this thread over the course of the week. Be sure to ask Designers for jobs at any time, maybe they can offer something!
Closing statement
“If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader.”
- Dolly Parton

. .

Like our Planetminecraft page daily to help promoting MCME!​

Last edited:
Its around 9-10 C during evenings here, perfect for shorts and t-shirt. We had 27 C during Tuesday and I died

My school has really sucky air conditioning, and last Friday, it had a bunch of malfunction problems, and it was like 92°F (33.33333......°C).
But now its all cold here, about 35°F to 45°F (about 2°C to 7°C)

And just saying google Fahrenheit to Celsius converter is probably a bit off.

My school has really sucky air conditioning, and last Friday, it had a bunch of malfunction problems, and it was like 92°F (33.33333......°C).
But now its all cold here, about 35°F to 45°F (about 2°C to 7°C)

And just saying google Fahrenheit to Celsius converter is probably a bit off.
I work as a chef and our air conditioner sucks as well, we have like 45-55 C in the kitchen when its hot outside

qzremzy-png.5157
Opening statement

Phew, summer is coming, at least here in Switzerland, and to be honest, I'm already a bit afraid it's gonna get a tad too warm for my taste :p What about you, do you prefer the cold or warm seasons, or does the summer still hide under a rock where you live?
Anyway, dress up matching to your weather so that you can enjoy this week's Times without having to moan about it being too warm or too cold.
Whats Up?

Breaking News: 1.9 Update on the move!

@q220 made a clear statement with his recent status update and also I saw that the Development Server has been updated and runs now on Spigot 1.9.2, in fact Eriol has already updated all of his plugins to 1.9. From what I have heard was the update from 1.7 to 1.8 a much more complicated task to achieve than the one from 1.8 to 1.9. Therefore we can look forward to this update to happen in the nearer future!​

Project Progress

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @jacenpeter

Beside some small refinements to the materials in the far south of Anfalas, a new giant chunk of terrain has been tackled in the north. Still it is very rough and sandy, but you can already guess how majestic the peaks will eventually look!
Anfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @kisos

Salt flats done. Thanks @Wroxxite. Wraith continues work on his farm.
- kisos
Belfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Thijs1801

Even though one major patch of land already seemed to be done, it got reverted to sand once more. Meticulously the terrain there has been shaped into countless perfectly smooth curves, which, I can tell you, takes ages even with voxel!
Lamedon (In Progress) - Lead: @Eriol_Eandur

Eriol is currently working in Belfalas.
Misty Mountains (In Progress) - Lead: @Emilio_ (Eregion), @Finrod_Amandil (Misties), @Mandos (Gladden Fields)

No progress this week.
Tolfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz

No progress this week.
Valleys of Celos and Sirith (In Progress) - Lead: @Fireinferno13

The valley town of Tumladen is pretty much done at this point thanks to a lot of help from people like @samgamgee10 , @henryoly ,@Kjolsen , @Wroxxite , and of course @_Luk . There are still a few details that need finishing up as well as adding the SW corner once the respective terrain is completed (because we were lazy and wanted to build rather than voxel). As of this point, focus now shifts to voxeling in some pretty mountains as well as the valley surrounding the Celos river to the West.
- Fireinferno13
[Public Project] Fennas Drúnin (In Progress) - Lead: @thomasd16

Work has moved beyond the city walls this week and the construction of all kinds of farms are in full progress. The market square thomas mentioned last week has been built now and it looks amazing, just as all the detail between the houses that give this town an especially lovely atmosphere.
Plugin Development
Animation Plugin (In Progress) - Dev: @Ivan1pl

No progress this week.
Plotbuild Plugin (Testing in progress) - Devs: @Eriol_Eandur & @Ivan1pl

Dang the testing session we scheduled I somehow missed, if you Ivan have remembered it, I'm really sorry!
New New Player World (Testing in progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur, Assistance: @_Luk

No changes this week.
Minigames Plugin (Small fixes in progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

I'm almost done reading the Hobbit, I could gather quite a bunch new questions, and by the way added some interesting facts to my personal knowledge about the areas in Rhovanion that I did not have in mind yet, especially the fact that there's a marsh near where the Forest River flows into the Long Lake, and that theres some impressive waterfalls at the end of the Long Lake.
MCME-Architect (Ready for implementation) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

Eriol has managed to tame what seemed to be one of the most stubborn blocks in minecraft: The burning furnace! I hope we can also look into @BRASHEXODUS's concept of a steam/smoke texture, because these two would combine really well and make things look a good amount more lively!

Resource Packs
Mordor Pack (In Progress) - Lead: @bender400

No progress this week.

Rank Updates

- none -​

Media of the week

In regards of the (so far yet a bit underwhelming!) hype for 1.9, here's a video showing the most important changes. Hopefully we can make also use of the changes to PvP at some point!

Other news

Audiobook review

If it would not be for poor Frodo and Sam, we would have witnessed a Reunition of the entire Fellowship of the Ring this week at Isengard. But only of short lenght was this merry time with Merry, Pippin, Aragorn, Gandalf, Legolas and Gimli, already Merry and Gandalf rode off to Minas Tirith, leaving the others behind.
Upcoming

Themed Build

Theme: Ephel Brandir
Resource Pack: Rohan
Thread: #14/16 - Ephel Brandir
Scheduled Events
Audiobook session 14

Without really noticing it we finished Book number 3 last Saturday, and thereby completed half of the Lord of the Rings saga. Next week, entering Book 4, we will return to Frodo and Sam and what happened to them after the Breaking of the Fellowship.

As always: Saturday, 19:00 BST.
Jobs & Plotbuilds

Jobs for next Saturday will be announced in this thread over the course of the week. Be sure to ask Designers for jobs at any time, maybe they can offer something!
Closing statement

. .

Like our Planetminecraft page daily to help promoting MCME!​

an idea for storage for the salt flats. For the most right box, you must place a lever beneath the ironblock and activate it, so that the trap doors will not open if u stand on the heavy weighted pressure plate. In fact, the trap doors will also close if you stand on the pressure plate when you opened the trap doors before. If you dont understand my crappy explanation, just try it out by yourself. And if you use the light weighted instead of heavy weighted pressure plate and gold block instead of iron blocks, it looks like flour, for example for a granary.

Last edited:
WHAT?! 55 C is only 1.7 C below the highest recorded temperature on earth! :eek:
If its around 25 c outside, its around that temperature inside aswell. Then add the heat from 2 ovens, 1 big stove, 1 deep fryer, 1 grill and 1 big fryingtable. All in a small area of about 20 square meters, then wear a thick chefs coat and long pants, gets pretty hot

an idea for storage for the salt flats. For the most right box, you must place a lever beneath the ironblock and activate it, so that the trap doors will not open if u stand on the heavy weighted pressure plate. In fact, the trap doors will also close if you stand on the pressure plate when you opened the trap doors before. If you dont understand my crappy explanation, just try it out by yourself. And if you use the light weighted instead of heavy weighted pressure plate and gold block instead of iron blocks, it looks like flour, for example for a granary.

nice idea dude, i have to go back through and mark some barrels/ boxes for pressure plates :D

If its around 25 c outside, its around that temperature inside aswell. Then add the heat from 2 ovens, 1 big stove, 1 deep fryer, 1 grill and 1 big fryingtable. All in a small area of about 20 square meters, then wear a thick chefs coat and long pants, gets pretty hot
Lol