• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #19/16 - MCME goes 360

qzremzy-png.5157
Opening statement

And yet another week in which I have no clue what to open these Times with... Well we had weather last week, guess the only thing left is just wish you a great read of this week's Times! May the rest be less boring!
Whats Up?

Breaking News: 360° Videos of MCME!

It has been touched more than once already, but now @Tyranystrasz, who is also taking care of our facebook account, has done a 360° video in 1080p resolution. This is yet only a concept video, other locations may work better, if there's rather a motivation to look around yourself and spy into the side streets of a big city or enjoy the panorama of a majestic piece of terrain.
Check the Media of the Week for said video and leave your opinion below!​

Project Progress

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @jacenpeter

Jacen is always jumping a bit back and forth between terraforming and adding materials, but one can clearly see the "masterplan" he seems to have in mind for his mountain range, and I have to say that I am having a hard time competing with my mountains against jacen's terrain quality!
Anfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @kisos

No real progress.
- kisos

Any surreal progress maybe?
- Finrod

I finished my river.
- Ivan1pl

Its a really really big river by the way (and definitely real).
- Finrod
Belfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Thijs1801

Eriol has given his valley with the nicest curves since the legendary Booby Hills its final touches and then moved on right away to terraform the next valley with this meticulous but oh so beautiful terrain style.
Lamedon (In Progress) - Lead: @Eriol_Eandur

Eriol is currently working in Belfalas.
Misty Mountains (In Progress) - Lead: @Finrod_Amandil

This week I have converted a huge area from sand to stone. Some of it yet needs some fine terraforming (smoothing), but then the majority of the eastern hillsides of my current major section is done terraforming and ready to receive it's materials. I am also considering picking up the Gladden Fields again in the nearer future which will generate a huge amount of jobs!
Tolfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz

Tyran is continueing to progress in the technical novelty of WorldMachine and plans on documenting the not-so-intuitive tool in a kind of guide so that other it may be easier for others to get working with WorldMachine.
Valleys of Celos and Sirith (In Progress) - Lead: @Fireinferno13

In comparison to the rapid completion of Tumladen, progress has slowed just a tad while staff voxel in terrain. This includes the nearby mountains as well as the area surrounding the Celos river. Once terrain work is done there will be some jobs available to build a small village.
- Fireinferno13
[Public Project] Fennas Drúnin (In Progress) - Lead: @thomasd16

The town part of the project has now entered its final stage, which of course is adding all the details between the houses. Outside the walls the work on the farms is continueing, a bit depending on Thijs polishing off the terrain.
A much more detailed update on the project can be found here: Fennas Drúnin
Plugin Development
Animation Plugin (In Progress) - Dev: @Ivan1pl

No progress this week.
Plotbuild Plugin (Testing in progress) - Devs: @Eriol_Eandur & @Ivan1pl

Eriol has updated the plugin for 1.9. and we are currently waiting for it to be installed on the 1.9.2 Dev server to subject it to a final testing session.
New New Player World (Testing in progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur, Assistance: @_Luk

Eriol has hired some more people to give the new NPW a try, all that have taken the time to read the information provided on site managed to get through it wouthout major issues. The implementation is taking a while, but it is on the move!
Minigames Plugin (Small fixes in progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

No changes this week.
MCME-Architect (Small changes in progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

Eriol is tweaking the plugin by making it even a bit more user-friendly by including helpful chat messages featuring interactive/clickable text and more.

Resource Packs
Mordor Pack (In Progress) - Lead: @bender400

No progress this week.
Flower Power - Creator: @Fireinferno13

Fire seems to have a flair for everything that grows, and now after carrots and potatoes he delights us with an all new set of flowers to replace our current ones:
eeTzCrC.png

bMcYc7B.png
New Texture Madness - Creator: @Despot666

Lately Despot has presented us his breathtaking 32 pixel resolution Eriador pack and this week he showcased a large set of new textures he had made for his 32x RP and has now adjusted to fit into our 16x resource pack. Some of the new textures come with very fancy block models and thus may be the first custom block models in our RP's beside of course the Dwarven Pack which features them already in great number.
S34UmHD.png
qYAlDRE.jpg¨

Rank Updates

Unfortunately I have to announce a resignation this week, and that is our Designer @Ryiw. He has decided to step down for personal reasons.
Wish you all the best, and whenever you will return you will be welcomed with open arms!​

Media of the week

Other news

Audiobook review

Never before has the MCME Audiobook reading gotten as far as this! We finally caught up with what happened to Frodo and Sam after they parted from the rest of the fellowship. Quick poll: Who is more straining to listen to, Gollum or Treebeard?
Upcoming

Themed Build

Project Build 3 weeks - 3 weeks left.
Theme: Goblin-town
Resource Pack: Moria / Dwarven
Thread: #15/16 - [Project Build] Goblin-town
Scheduled Events
Audiobook session 14

After crossing an area which has not yet really been given its final touch we will soon enter the realm of Gondor by visiting Ithilien. As always: Saturday, 19:00 BST.
Jobs & Plotbuilds

Jobs for next Saturday will be announced in this thread over the course of the week. Be sure to ask Designers for jobs at any time, maybe they can offer something!
Community Outreach
New Warp list on the MCME Wiki

@RubenPieterMark and @Darki190 have begun, and have already made very good progress, on creating a list of all available warps along with fancy screenshots and a good piece of lore and server facts about these warps.
Check out their work here: Warp list McMe | Minecraft Middle Earth

Closing statement
Cb8PN6o.jpg
. .

Like our Planetminecraft page daily to help promoting MCME!​

Last edited:
Oh, and on the poll, it's gotta be treebeard, mostly because some of my LotR nerd friends sometimes talk like gollum in some cases, so you get used to it. And to add to the fact that I was listening to treebeard while having to hold this length of very fine yarn for my mom to re-wind from a weird twisted coil into a ball, which was soooooooooooo boring, and your arms really ache after you have to hold them straight out for over an hour.

And also, I have seen a pretty big lull in jobs, especially during weekdays; I've only been and seen one or two jobs in over two weeks, and now that I am on the artist watchlist, I need to be as active as possible. With no or very few jobs, this is a problem for me. I used to participate in countless jobs for people like @Darki190 and @kisos, but now that Anfalas is almost finished, that has stopped.

Could it be too early to start on all the roads in Belfalas, because I now ask @Thijs1801 and @Eriol_Eandur if they could set on me and others the task of digging out and making many of the roads of Belfalas as they are currently marked. I credit myself on digging out almost all the roads and paths of Tumladen, and digging and filling in two quite long roads in Anfalas. (I don't want to be bragging, but I would need to be as active as possible and show the best of my builds if I am to become artist, so that is why I request this.)

Last edited:
That 360video is extremely trippy

Edit: Okay, the 360 video isnt trippy at all, except when i watch it on my phone

Last edited:
Typo in the title it says MCME Times 19/19 instead of MCME Times 19/16

Nothing quite gives the in-game experience quite like having the ability to look around like that.. definitely want more of the 360° videos. It would give an already incredible tour video dramatically higher replay value, in addition to giving a much more immersive sense of the scale of the projects and builds. In short :

Nothing quite gives the in-game experience quite like having the ability to look around like that.. definitely want more of the 360° videos. It would give an already incredible tour video dramatically higher replay value, in addition to giving a much more immersive sense of the scale of the projects and builds. In short :

The render distance even if it is a record of the chunks is small