• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #19/17

qzremzy-png.5157

Opening statement

This week we have seen the continuation of on hold projects and not so much progress in other places. We have also had progress going on behind the scenes to help get the server updated to 1.12. This week I have also included something that was brought up in the public meeting.
Project Progress

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @jacenpeter

"No progress in Andrast this week as jace has been on a trip and I'm getting ready to leave for a trip." -mattlego
Belfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Darki

No progress this week in Belfalas apart from terrain smoothing in PlotBuilds.
Dol Amroth (In Progress) - Lead: @Thijs1801

No progress this week as we are waiting for 1.12 to continue.
Lamedon (In Progress) - Lead: @Fireinferno13

It is back and now brought to you by @Fireinferno13! Yes, Fire has came out of the dark depths of Moria to finally finish Lamedon. This project has had many project leaders and Fire is hoping to be the last. Fire has started to build a mining village with a quarry and several artists have been helping there. Streams have been layed out for a job that will be run by Daddlio.
Mordor Terrain (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz

No news this week.
Moria (In Progress) - Lead: @Despot666

There has not been too much progress this week for Fire is now working in Lamedon and other Designers are busy IRL with exams, etc. @Despot666 would like all artists with unfinished halls to finish them. If you are unable to finish them please message Despot.
Tolfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz

No progress this week.​

Texture Development

No texture development this week.

Plugin Development

Custom inventories / itemblocks (In progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

Finrod has added all of Eriol's new blocks ready for the 1.12 update which Finrod has now started working on for the custom inventories. The building blocks will also be separated by material (ie. Sandstone or White/grey blocks). Andrast texturesare also ready to be implemented.
1.12 Plugin Testing

Over the past week many staff have been testing all the plugins we have on the Dev server, which is 1.12. This will ensure we have a swift update to 1.12 on Main when we get around to it. Most plugins are performing well with 1.12 so the server update should be soon.
Rank Updates

No rank updates this week.

Media of the Week

@Daddlio has certainly made the best media this week with his screenshots that cycle day and night:

mLBBp7w.gif

Call For Guides

Are you looking for a rank where you are not required to be good at building? Do you love the lore of Middle-earth? Would you like to help organise events? Yes, then Guide is the rank for YOU! The Guide rank is responsible for for helping new players, running tours and games, and organising events. Although you may not think it, the Guide rank does help you develop skills you need daily in real life such as communication, confidence and organisation. When I was first promoted to a Guide, I didn't always feel confident talking to people, but now I have met many people from around the world and I feel much more confident with people. Where can the Guide rank take you on MCME? The Guide rank gives you most of the nesesary skills for Foreman* and being a Guide greatly improves your chances of getting Enforcer! So, if Guide is the rank for you, apply here NOW!

If you have any questions about Guide, then please ask the Head Enforcer/Guide @DynoDaring, any current Guides, or myself.

*You must submit one good Theme Build.

Upcoming

WANTED: Short stories!
Mapthor has had his bookstore for a few weeks now but he has got very few stories in it. Mapthor needs your stories, so if you enjoy a bit of writing or even reading, here is more information about the bookstore and how to get your books in it:

@mapthor has been making a Bookstore in Bree with stories written by you in it. If you want another one of your stories in the store, then please write your story down and message it to Finrod! The length is pretty irrelevant, all it has to be is authentic. That especially means:
- No items that would not exist in Middle-earth.
- No MCME player names.
- No conflicts with the known storylines.
Themed Build
Theme: Helcar
Resource Pack: Gondor
Duration: 1 Week
MCME Audiobook
The Audiobook, hosted by @TI_020601 is taking place regularly on Saturday evenings, 8:20pm BST, unless announced otherwise in this thread: The New Audio Book
Smaug's Lore Fact of the Week

This week I have something about the relationship between Frodo and Bilbo.

Fact: Cousin or Uncle/Nephew?

Is Bilbo Frodo's cousin or uncle? Well, according to the family trees in Appendix D of the Lord of the Rings, they are shown to be biologically cousins. However, in Bilbo's farewell speech and in other places in the book, Bilbo calls Frodo his nephew suggesting that Bilbo is Frodo's uncle. I will let you decide what their relation is in the poll above.
Closing statement

As I can't think of anything to say, I will say have a very fine day.​

. .

Like our Planetminecraft page daily to help promoting MCME!​

Last edited:
Lamedon (In Progress) - Lead: @Fireinferno13

It is back and now brought to you by @Fireinferno13! Yes, Fire has came out of the dark depths of Moria to finally finish Lamedon. This project has had many project leaders and Fire is hoping to be the last. Fire has started to build a mining village with a quarry and several artists have been helping there. Streams have been layed out for a job that will be run by Daddlio.
Moria (In Progress) - Lead: @Despot666

There has not been too much progress this week for Fire is now working in Lamedon and other Designers are busy IRL with exams, etc. @Despot666 would like all artists with unfinished halls to finish them. If you are unable to finish them please message Despot.​
I like how I am both the cause of both progress in one project and a lack of progress in another, does that make me schrodinger's designer?

they are not uncle and nephew, but are cousins, right?
Nop, Frogo is the Drogo's son and Drogo is a cousin of Bilbo, so they aren't cousin, there are like 80 years of différents between Frodo and Bilbo.
(Pls, correct this sentence).

Please dont pm me, I am trying to take some break after working on RP <which still needs work>.

It's been a long time since a new times, rip 26/17, 3/17 or 10/17
Sorry I haven't done any for a couple of weeks. I have been very busy in the past 2 weeks and this week I haven't been feeling very well.