• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ [20/05/18] Announcements

~ General Announcements ~

Badges
We have a couple badges coming out soon in the coming days:

• WE: Unrestricted FAWE
  • WE-: World Edit, limited to i.e. 100’000 blocks per operation. (not settled upon)
  • VX: VoxelSniper
  • T: Hosting tours
  • MG: Hosting minigames
More info about each, how to apply will be in a separate post.

Discord vs. Forums
Discord vs. Forums, Where is the line?
Please read up on this post!

Become a Donor
Hey guys! As usual we need donations to keep the server running, so please help out if you can!
Oops! We ran into some problems.

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by Super and BWOT

Head Developer Eriol_Eaunder: We would like to give a heartly welcome to Eriol in coming into this new position as an Admin promotion
Read more: New Head Developer

Artist Tarvallin: Another new artist, yes Tarv has been promoted after a short break and it’s safe to say he deserved it, congrats Tarv and I expect some great builds from you in the future :D promotion

Foreman NicTheFifth: Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you, we have a new foreman! After a rather busy trial job one could say, Nic showed he was capable of foreman, congrats Nic! promotion

Artist Neubiberger: Nebib was an old artist who has decided to return to MCME and has been promoted, we are glad to see him back on the team and hope to see some awesome builds! promotion

YourDearKing: King has decided to resign from artist for the time being as he has become rather busy irl and will be unable to help, however, do not fret, he will be back in the future when his schedule clears up! resignation

Now with the introduction of the badges there have been a few players who now have badges.

@barteldvn: Unrestricted WE Badge [WE+]
@Arkengerd: Unrestricted WE Badge [WE+]
@RedAnaran2022: Unrestricted WE Badge [WE+]
@didi45:Limited WE Badge [WE-]
@NicTheFifth: Limited WE Badge [WE-]
@Mr_Pants2000: Limited WE Badge [WE-]
@Napoleon0605:Limited WE Badge [WE-]
@Merlinc01: Limited WE Badge [WE-]
@MaDReD:Limited WE Badge [WE-]

~ Interviews ~

Now as it will become a custom we have two interviews; the “First Impressions Interview” and the “Meet the Regulars Interview”. LegoCellist will be interviewing a new adventurer about their experience on MCME. But on this edition of the Times, I (superlolster), will be interviewing our regular. Our regular is one of our resident owls and one could say he knows quite a lot about lore it’s… @Arkengerd

Interview with @Arkengerd
Question 1: How did you find MCME?
I don't remember how i found MCME... I just remember finding their site which featured pictures of Old Moria and thought "Wow, this is cool!" It was at that time that you had to apply for whitelist on their website and wait till you heard back to get in... Me being the horrible internet illiterate kid I was, didn't get easily... But through a small miracle and the grace of Q, I made it in.

Superlolster: Geez you were around for the whitelist, Ark are you as old as MaD or something ?? :p

Question 2: What was your experience like as an Adventurer?
I made it in to experience a weird world much unlike the one you see on MCME today. the rivers were two blocks deep and covered by sugar cane... Hedges surrounded EVERYTHING, and it was all dark colored grasses. I made my way on to big things such as being one of the only droogs/members to see Isengard before it opened to the public (you couldn’t just fly over the wall back then), digging the Adorn river, and being kicked by MaDiiReD for growing and harvesting a tree to make better dig tools. All in all, it was the perfect place to entertain myself :D

Superlolster: But..but I thought MaD didn’t kick people ?? Well I guess you learn something new everyday.

Question 3: What made you want to become a Guide?
Long ago, being a guide wasn't something i strived for. In fact, I originally wanted to join the Builder rank (now artist). I loved watching the world of MCME grow before my eyes and I loved seeing the respect our build team got for working on such a project. Unfortunately, my portfolio wasn't ‘super’... great... So I decided to strive for the next best thing: Guide! And since then I've come to love the rank of Guide. It's exactly who I am as a person... It's a platform to help teach the new players of MCME to appreciate this world and work as well as enjoy the community we offer with it... On top of all that, it was a way to develop myself as I continue to learn how to work with people and learn the wonderful world of Tolkien.

Superlolster: I see those super puns you used :p

Raffy: What do you mean the next best thing…

Question 4: What is your favorite thing about being a Guide?
My favorite thing about being Guide is the relationship we develop amongst each other... There are some players who don't think Guide is that important, but being a guide on MCME today means you are the center of community developments such as the Times. We are a rank you can count on to get stuff done when we need to and I guess just seeing that in my fellow guides makes me ‘super’ proud. It develops a sense of accountability amongst each other that grows us into this super close unit that you won't get anywhere else on MCME.

Superlolster: Another super pun, I mean we’re all blessed with two super puns today :D :p

Question 5: Where is your favorite place on MCME?
My favorite place on MCME has to be the whole of Redhorn Pass. And sure there are other cool places around, but the Redhorn Pass is just simply stunning for Minecraft. The whole route is just very picturesque and well done without going too far overboard, if that makes sense. The best spot is the first lake you hit, right where the river starts. you can see the peaks of mountains surrounding a mountain pool coming from a glacier. and it’s just awesome!

Question 6: Who is your favorite character in LOTR or the Hobbit?
My favorite character from Lord of the Rings has to be Gandalf. He's awesome! Totally worthy of all the respect he gets... over a thousand years old, he was sent to Middle Earth to defeat Sauron along with 4 other wizards... He was the most reluctant of the lot to set forth on this task and yet he was the one who actually did it... All the while learning Middle Earth and taking the time to appreciate the world he was set upon protecting. (and also he's a b-a fighter)

First Impressions Interview
By LegoCellist

Finally, we come to the part of the Times y'all have been waiting for… the part where a new player gets interrogated! This week the victim is @logiebear1212.

Question 1: How did you find the server?
Keralis Youtube video.

Question 2: What were your impressions of the community on the server when you first joined?
Everyone was very nice and willing to help.

Question 3: What was your impression of our finished projects; Minas Tirith and the Shire?
I think they are amazing.

Question 4: What was your impression of our current projects such as Dol Amroth, Moria and technically Mordor?
I can't wait until those projects are done.

Question 5: So overall what was your impression of MCME?
I love MCME and haven't stopped playing since I joined.

Thank you again @logiebear1212!

~ Winners of “The Week” ~
So we got some good ones as always. Make sure you show some special recognition towards the winners of the week! They’ve presented exemplary displays of our server’s creative potential! Give a hand to these winners!​

MEDIA OF THE WEEK:
This edition, The established title of Media of The Week goes to…*pause* @Raffyyy

This is an amazing picture of Minas Aduial and I see it got a like by Q *wink* Well done Raf for an awesome picture and keep up the good work!

-2YhVi3m-85uPmJs7bnGRVqlYCccvSWjMuiUapRf6apxa7vIcHB4vzt8cpdNrI6PE67pea84GhA_xEY_i3aZyPwAQHgqaf01re64JV4WIfvMB0dZxsITZsWkt_aM9VyVD4g1mawq

THEME-BUILD OF THE WEEK:
So in this edition of the times there will be two winners as usual but of the same theme build due to Ivan not being able to do the new theme build a week ago so he extended the last one, however, as we have already had a winner for Elostirion I have decided to showcase two awesome theme builds from the same theme.
Lobster’s are red, water is blue, I wish you would do theme builds, please do them too!

So the first winner of this themebuild, Helcaraxë, goes to *drumroll* @Earritino111, his build isn’t quite complete but nevertheless it looks awesome, well done!

gF0ARRhpUVu7cOMJ_EciLb_PppaZjV0cbT8dghhJOS2t3NMor4vOrVyIPEtd-Jb4HxKHXb2e-aZC2_jLgEe7Nz7sz7vS9ZJcuxuNFLTJhvTYOT-hnLMX1PZ29FsNtFA_OYyGVsRr

And the second winner of this weeks theme build goes to… @Olessan, his theme is also awesome, lets give him a round of applause! *clap clap* Check out his time lapse here: Imgur and Imgur

Ec031dgS7NQPWFzJ6wNfW1augstzgTbe4DtH5oajjtVcot91gz95pyVisDxLN8hrA8BY0kv74lNGZkkZ35PMuLvC4Gf9MMoPY0LhPn2grlcLsb1rE3mP0WiZ6chjF6GiF-Hj5DPE

FREEBUILD OF THE WEEK:
For this weeks’ freebuild of the week, I (Raffy) have decided to give the prestigious award to, well, everyone who helped with the Guide HQ, as that’s this week’s freebuild of the week!

By name: Arkengerd, Mapthor, Lordlewis6, Meeeee, Aaria, TI_020601, MaDReD, Ardelenia, Wroxxite, Oberanio, Credoo, Daddlio, CrookedSushi, Eldar_Telconter Ithron_Luin, Brqdley, Thijs1801, Lolbroek108, LegoCellist and Jonatanknalle.

Awesome work everyone, And there's still more to come I believe! Check out /Warp GuideHQ!

Hzh45gYpWvQHgrO0KXJGklVlMg7Sqv3t30soYpnjN5kbOdamO97j8shsrqrVK0NcgbgOUdKH524QSwplaPQbWyeUDOe3t5ywzN9w9dMBheDhoCPt0Im7xSnGBoJj-fGfAdQW78aP

~ Upcoming ~

Themed Build
Theme: Troll’s Cave
Resource Pack: /rp e
Duration: 1 week
Link: #18/18 - Troll's Cave

~ Lore of the Week ~
Aragorn II Elessar
Aragorn II, the son of Arathorn II and Gilraen, also known as Elessarand Strider, was the 16th Chieftain of the Dúnedain of the North; later crowned King Elessar Telcontar (March 1, 2931 - FO 120 or SR 1541), the 26th King of Arnor and 35th King of Gondor - and first High King of Gondor and Arnor since the short reign of Isildur. He was a great ranger and warrior, and as Isildur's heir he bore the shards of Narsil, reforged and renamed Andúril, in the War of the Ring.

~ More Media ~

Howdy folks, just want to let you guys know that we do have multiple platforms that represent MCME. One of those being Twitter! If you have an account, make sure to follow MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter for some additional content revolving around the community!

For those of you without Twitter, fear not!!! We are also represented on Facebook! Like us here: https://www.facebook.com/mcmeproject/

Now, make sure you give us a diamond on Planet Minecraft! The more popular this thing is, the more help we receive :) Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ Advertisements ~
Artist
Building is one of the fundamental parts of Minecraft Middle Earth, and it is done by the the amazing Artists on the server. Many times we are asked how can I build and we have an answer for you: Become an Artist! Working on all the new projects with Designers and Foremen while furthering your building skills in this community is something all Artists get to take part in!
Does this sound like something that you would like to do? You can apply for Artist/ today on the forums! The Designers and current Artists will work with you and help you on your journey.

Guide
You’ve joined MCME but you have a knack for something else than building? But how can you do something different on a build server? Become a Guide! There are many things other than building that help the server and one of those things is guiding people:
As a guide, you are the face of MCME! Without the rank of guide, we don’t attract nearly as many new players and those responsibilities are shifted onto busier shoulders. We are here to keep people interested and make MCME as fun as possible without distracting the focus of the server. Think that sounds like something you would want to do?
Just click Guide and apply today!

~ Closing Statement ~

And That is it everyone! Now we say this in every times, however, there really is a lot going on at the moment, lots of new cool things such as the badges and a new admin! We hope you will all love the changes that will follow within the next few weeks and remember that soon Mo-mo-mo-mordor will start so that is something to get really hyped for! *BWOT acts hyped* *Super is the most hyped*

Thank you all for reading this edition of the times.

Here’s a Tolkien quote for y'all till our next Edition:

“Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens”

XaBqOMnr0YuXihphzb9HYHSmpcMUiGfzgxpTaFsf1sqU5CDmcQaJ8peiK1Fi4GU7zYiVjk7FYU9-BOrZyeMpkbqGPPq03xQ2O5W8vGyrZp9rZ9zutjypEwbZ19bxt-O4oQ4ikmwX

The Official MCME Times
mcmiddleearth.com

But on this edition of the Times, I (superlolster), will be interviewing our regular.
@superlolster why do you keep saying that when you've been the one to interview the regulars for quite some time now? Why do you say "But" as if this was something different to how it usually is?

Aragorn II, the son of Arathorn II and Gilraen, also known as Elessarand Strider, was the 16th Chieftain of the Dúnedain of the North; later crowned King Elessar Telcontar (March 1, 2931 - FO 120 or SR 1541), the 26th King of Arnor and 35th King of Gondor - and first High King of Gondor and Arnor since the short reign of Isildur. He was a great ranger and warrior, and as Isildur's heir he bore the shards of Narsil, reforged and renamed Andúril, in the War of the Ring.
Expanding on this copy from LotR Wikia, because it's unoffically been announced that the Amazon series will feature Aragorn's early life:
He's born as son of chieftain of the Dunedain. He is in danger, because Sauron fears the line of Elendil. His mother Gilraen brings him to Rivendell, where he's fostered. There he gets his second name: Estel (hope). He goes on cool adventures with Elrond's twins. Then he meets Arwen who decides to finally visit Rivendell. Romantic stuff. Now the cool stuff: as young man he journeys south and serves the army of Rohan and later of Gondor, not revealing his true identity. He even got in Ecthelion's council. He gets his third name: Thorongil (eagle-star) In Gondor's army he achieved great victories, spicing up Sauron's allies. If that weren't have happened, the Enemies could have been much stronger. He managed to burn Umbar's fleet with only few Gondorian men. Afterwards he suddenly traveled to the East, instead of parading his victory. In 2980 he returned to Lorien where he met Arwen again and they decided that they would marry. 20 years later he assisted Gandalf with the search for Gollum, who he found just when Gandalf had given up. Afterwards 10 years rest. Now council of Elrond, everything what happens now till Aragorn's crowning should be known. After the LotR he becomes king of the Reunited Kingdom and he dies. He ruled with his fourth name Elessar.​

Expanding on this copy from LotR Wikia, because it's unoffically been announced that the Amazon series will feature Aragorn's early life:
He's born as son of chieftain of the Dunedain. He is in danger, because Sauron fears the line of Elendil. His mother Gilraen brings him to Rivendell, where he's fostered. There he gets his second name: Estel (hope). He goes on cool adventures with Elrond's twins. Then he meets Arwen who decides to finally visit Rivendell. Romantic stuff. Now the cool stuff: as young man he journeys south and serves the army of Rohan and later of Gondor, not revealing his true identity. He even got in Ecthelion's council. He gets his third name: Thorongil (eagle-star) In Gondor's army he achieved great victories, spicing up Sauron's allies. If that weren't have happened, the Enemies could have been much stronger. He managed to burn Umbar's fleet with only few Gondorian men. Afterwards he suddenly traveled to the East, instead of parading his victory. In 2980 he returned to Lorien where he met Arwen again and they decided that they would marry. 20 years later he assisted Gandalf with the search for Gollum, who he found just when Gandalf had given up. Afterwards 10 years rest. Now council of Elrond, everything what happens now till Aragorn's crowning should be known. After the LotR he becomes king of the Reunited Kingdom and he dies. He ruled with his fourth name Elessar.​
Ruben we didn't need your add on information, I quickly copied and pasted something as Smaug was unavailable, if you are really this passionate why don't you do this part of the times bi-weekly see how it turns out for you.