• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #20/17: SUMMER EVENTS!

qzremzy-png.5157

Opening statement

Yes, MCME has been slumbering for a while now. But now the great changes have been completed. Do you feel it? The server is awaking!
Breaking News: Summer Events

I won't lie that the planning of these year's summer events have been a bit rocky and that things could have been prepared earlier, but last friday we had a staff meeting and decided to not let all of you down and just continue MCME's slumbering days but instead get off our lazy butts and organize some fancy events!

These year's events are brought to you by the Designers, the Foremen as well as the Guides, under the lead of Smaug!

And here's the real surprise: As we are already quite a bit into the summertime the events will start as soon as the upcoming weekend! They will last two weeks and are followed by a return of MCME Survival! As we only have started planning two days ago there are still some gaps in the schedule, but it is starting to look very good already!

Here's the schedule so far, take into consideration that changes and especially further additions will most likely still happen! In fact, changes are happening as I am writing these lines. The times will be released as soon as the schedule has settled down a bit.

Week 1: Sunday, July 23 through Sunday, July 30th
  • Sunday: 7pm BST: Short opening event, start of one or more larger plotbuilds, start of a 2-week-contest
  • Monday: 4 Jobs throughout the day for everyone to participate.
  • Tuesday: Multiple jobs and a boat race on the Anduin.
  • Wednesday: Multiple jobs and some sessions of minigames.
  • Thursday: Jobs! And a race through Middle-earth!
  • Friday: Jobs and PVP!
  • Saturday: Build Day in Moria! If I still find a back-up for the evening it'll run all day long!
  • Sunday: Lore tours! I bet many of you know far too less about the lore behind our builds...
Week 2: Monday, July 31st through Sunday, August 6th
  • Monday: Jobs! 3 for sure!
  • Tuesday: More jobs and then Hide and Seek games! Not only for Adventurers, also Designers are allowed to take a break for some games!
  • Wednesday: Jobs, jobs, jobs!
  • Thursday: Well, guess what!
  • Friday: Uh, oh, nothing! Yet!
  • Saturday: Build Day in Dol Amroth! Well maybe it's already finished after all these jobs...
  • Sunday: Closing event. Announcing the winner of the contest. After that opening of the Survival server. If the technical things work out it'll be something not many may still remember: Towny Survival! If this does not tell you anything, let yourself be surprised, it's a ton of fun!
Texture Development

@Fireinferno13 has been infected by the texturing-fever again! Beside more than enough beds he has blessed us with Mobs (including Ender Dragon :eek:), many new item icons (has some cooked @Credoo as well) and more! He has bundled these extras (which are not vital for building so we did not include all of it in the main packs to reduce file sizes) in an Extras pack! Download it from the Resources and stack it onto or below the pack you're using to enjoy! Fireinferno's Extras
Plugin Development
Custom inventories / itemblocks (In progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

Eriol and I have seen that it is very nasty to place the new combo blocks that are half stucco and half sandstone bricks as they never face the way you want them to. Luckily one nice morning I got up and right away had a fancy idea and within a blink Eriol has implemented it into the Architect plugin: Self-aligning blocks! This feature will be applied to the new combo blocks and maybe some more; they will check what blocks lie next to it when it is being placed and will automatically rotate itself to the most sensible orientation. Currently Eriol is making the necessary edits to new Gondor RP.
Next up: Build houses with one mouse-click!
Animations plugin (Implemented!) - Dev; @Ivan1pl

Yes! It's finally here! The long-lost Animations plugin! But seems like noone has noticed so far... Hey, I got it! What about building some easy animations as a summer events job? But we need ideas! Please fly around the map and look at everything your eyes touch and ask yourself "could this be moving"? Think of everything possible, gates, windmills, moving boats and platforms, moving catapults, ...
Rank Updates

Congratulations to @BWOT who has stepped up the rank of Foreman! He'll be having a hard time living up to the fantastic job the current Foremen are doing already, but I am sure he'll do just great!

And then please speak a hearthy welcome and congratz to @awaywind who brings some fresh wind (pun intended) to the Guides!

Media of the Week

This one's from @SirEonwe and depicts Lamedon which is currently being rolled up by @Fireinferno13 and @Eriol_Eandur!
2017-07-05_13-27-27-png.9355

Upcoming

WANTED: Short stories!

@mapthor has been making a Bookstore in Bree with stories written by you in it. If you want another one of your stories in the store, then please write your story down and message it to mapthor! The length is pretty irrelevant, all it has to be is authentic. That especially means:
- No items that would not exist in Middle-earth.
- No MCME player names.
- No conflicts with the known storylines.

We now also got the fancy "working" bookshelves which lets you store books in something that actually looks like a bookshelf and not a strangely misplaced chest... There's not many places where you can leave a personal mark on the map, so seize this one!
Themed Build
Theme: Farmsteads, Free for all! Show your creativity!
Resource Pack: Any of the MCME Resource Packs
Duration: 1 Week
Thread and more info: #27/17 - [FFA] Farmstead
MCME Audiobook
The Audiobook, hosted by @TI_020601 is taking place regularly on Saturday evenings, 8:20pm BST, unless announced otherwise in this thread: The New Audio Book

Closing statement

“It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.”
- Leonardo da Vinci

. .

Like our Planetminecraft page daily to help promoting MCME!​

Last edited:
What time of day would the survival server be opened, cause I literally have one afternoon from when it probably opens to when I leave for vacation, and I need to make sure I get out of spawn before mando or somebody just completely nukes it with lava