• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ [21/01/19]

WsXsLR1omk37408x2kcwrhayDKnlj7o_DZ1ZBgt-uaNWqFyYM8VW-YbO6JAAGurYW303bgFE2tUJe9RNCntBPk1PlOxSjcGn7zTvLPTYHFPa7ig7QJf5lIjmnSNz5giF7fcblI_X

The Official MCME Times
PLvyafajq1_AnDLLE8-mgO2VQdhkcsb9mRpQSBUtKZGv5BqVFQVdx0AWroUhAcQGDYkdCS-0Gd3eVQnaP00EVqlVB6YJtjG1t9aakGKsDUbm6E1qo6vWk06Y4_L2Q_1H7wGtPgE4

New Year Chills!
Welcome to 2019 MCMErs!
OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by BWOT
Wow is it really 2019? Seems so, and I will be doing a State of the Union Server in the next couple of days where we will look at what we have coming this year. Where we are at with projects and what is our goal this year. I can tell you we have a lot coming. We started this year with the release of the Mordor Plans. A lot of work is being done to make it so that we can start with public building in the project. However, more information on everything will come in this edition, so I will stop holding you up.

~ Project Progress ~

Andrast - Lead: @jacenpeter | In Progress
Report by Didi45

I have no progress to report here. Jacen has been inactive so when he comes back hopefully we will get some progress.

GQssqWHBhLFQ2lIsqL1-DULVQxtmmHhtzxRMhdHjFJtmw3j0UCvN9oHCqBkKXkcuZMSz8ouHZOp2FKhrQ5GVHhhnnLbTj3clIjM9K1xtjorxU2lMGn7DfAMNED9GiIwoK4WawQOg

Belfalas – Lead: @Darki , @barteldvn | In Progress
Report by Didi45

RVB_legend is working on a timber/lumber yard at the river edge, which is in the middle of Belfalas. Belfalas is now waiting for the server to be updated to 1.14 so that we can use the new available trees, and finish the vegetation in Belfalas. After that Belfalas is officially done! Great work Darki & Bart and all those who helped out in the process! I can't wait to close up a project! (Less to write about XD) But seriously, amazing work to all those who helped out in the region!

Vde1jdq2B_yb605c4MGBezzVxofQ9GnbTJ3vRRFINstr_Lu4SYL5l5Ep9x28I5oILNKM4XiX12vc6nvIQyBxvcM1LwEkpQDhmGY1Rlba7NEnGSKVc0mk5EIUao9HWDzAVzW1w8hT

Dol Amroth – Lead: @dav3ck | In Progress
Report by Didi45

The first stage of the sewers is complete! Big thanks to the hard work of Smaug and Toti!
As a result of this we will very soon start the actually digging and sooner or later finish the sewers of Dol Amroth! Great work Smaug & Toti and of course all those who helped them out in their jobs! Let's finish Dol Amroth quickly!

_Hpz-cH6Bn0VAenapL7Bk9Ag9vKEZJo4kFi1ZZ_cyKZw8gdiSwaWGUNnNC8UA7OMiiuygnJKG_ZX1o4szE77TG9Y-alcOAUXVRBXMzQh_s2RYCq2IO0emkL7vz-Y6CS6DJkqfTfF

Mordor – Lead: @BWOT| Halted
Report by BWOT

Mordor RP Development is going however still far from complete. We are sorry for the inconveniences. In the meantime the Mordor Staff met up, got a few more things decided in what we plan to do. Wroxxite is working at the Black Gate on terrain in preparation for a Build Day.

G_OOFPJfbicOkKDjgrXH6x0zYEDEdgnaUUvNxNN5YwWL0Vk8kVnB9sM8e_xv5sQGEIuORu3DhhCmE5sMsYcXlmvRbcQKToKRZvGAuMHOhvg0F4y315uy9G5Tj8VFVqQyb4lDxZ9-

Moria – Lead: @Patrick1801| In progress
Report by Didi45

Note: The following progress has been given to me by the one and only Darki who has been being a boss and picked up the work in Moria and has started leading things around Moria whileist Patrick was/is inactive.

Darki has assigned some of the halls in the east of Moria. Emperor is working on a armour/weapon smith. Next to that Ruben has started working on the connecting hall, Ruben has also finished two halls more to the west. Milarwen is working on the upper armory. Ober and Darki have been working towards the west. They have done a great storage hall with mines underneath them. You can now walk from one side of moria to the others, because all the halls are planned! Patrick is still working on Crossroad cave together with Planetology. We have had a great build day led by Darki & Ober (the build day lasted from 3pm till 6 am the next morning). 50+ tombs were built (most of them are finished) We are now working on the last that need some few details added. Moria Build day was a great success. The 'I have no memory of this place' cave is almost finished, Didi is working on a large garrison and guard house in the cave.

BdU0dead4LI5ZXQl8mnmsLQtdDli0SL2cGWQv8uZNHjMj8QX-wEAXdcU5fe_1kUXN9JoI3-YzMuoPc-DIIa0MrFFhExckBZuf2TCfqgH19vUg4ibjgWrBT6J8D10KZXthz4qQhxU

Osgiliath – Lead: @ooitsbirdo | In progress
Report by Didi45

Ooits will be starting to plan the third part of the island, but sadly his WiFi is down so no progress has been made lately.

bvWx24_rs-H0DQm-qZ_IYUG8h0Lnwo9BWFaMU2ffCiU6KYBipC0rcc0EYeQJbMx10XIlbfMNyUXvrkN1x2HkfmVjhVQMx77wfwN9zyGK3vufxU64Xz7e9VV4tACoop_I-QLJya8g

~ Texture Development ~
Report by Eriol

Update our resource packs to mc 1.13
Mordor RP is now tested on the 1.13 server. I (BWOT) am going to update the thread on forums soon, please look there for specific updates. All other RP snapshots for 1.13 are available on discord at #dev-general (pinned).

RP update status (on hold, in progress, finished):
Lothlorien
Rohan
Gondor 2
(old Gondor will not be updated)
Mordor
Dwarven

~ Plug-in Development ~
Report by Eriol

New Minigames
Planetology is continuing working on PvP and Golf minigames.

Update MCME to mc 1.13
Very nice progress here. I re-coded the resource regions plugin from scratch it now has many improved and new features like switching on/off auto rp, and updating cached server RP. Also I finished work on Architect plugin!!! This plugin handles all the custom (non-vanilla) building mechanics at the build server. As 1.13 changed blocks and building mechanics a lot in vanilla ("The Flattening" and removal of block data values) it was a lot of work to adapt Architect plugin. I also updated Perks and Tours plugin.
I’m still working on Animations, Plotbuild and Themed-build plugins, which is quite a lot of work as block storing to disc needs to be changed completely.
I also installed most external plugins at the 1.13 testserver. Most of them start without any errors and seem to run fine. But still a lot of testing to do.

Spigot Server:
Spigot Server: MC 1.13.1 is now the default release version of Spigot.:)

External Plugins:
no information searched yet: :(
no version for 1.13 available yet:
:mad::mad:
1.13 version found but still needs testing: :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
1.13 version crashes or is bugged: o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
1.13 version tested and working fine: :):):):):):):):)

MCME Plugins:

not yet tested with 1.13 :mad:
1.13 update in progress :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
tested and working fine :):):):):):):):):):)

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Hey guys! As usual, we need donations to keep the server running, so please help out if you can!
https://www.mcmiddleearth.com/donate/community-costs.1/campaign

Our Donors
#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

#NEWS
Public Poll:

We say Yay to Fell beasts and other Mordor creatures to be included in the Mordor Project!
Explanation of Assistants:
BWOT explained the role of Assistants and the individuals roles of each one, just for the fun of it
Public Poll:
#off-topic was renamed to #general
Guide Reading:
@Waterice_Man did a reading of the chapter "The Ring goes South"
Mordor RP:
Any ideas for Markers needed in-game, message in the discord channel #dev-general
Discord Update:
#welcome-rules was updated and channel names changed as well as followed by a public pole to update the MCME emoji
Christmas Spirit:
as well as Mojang deals which are now not offered!
Builder Meeting:
We talked about projects and blocks, because this is Minecraft and we like blocks
Christmas Spirit:
BWOT decided to confuse everyone and changed all the channels to festive names in discord, and renamed some of the Valar
Christmas Spirit:
@ooitsbirdo did weather updates from all over the world on Christmas Eve
Guide Reading:
@Samfries_Taranoc did a reading of "The Lay of Leithien"
Christmas Spirit:
Christmas transpired and for it the server died due to Q220 eating too much pudding!
Shrove Tuesday:
We don't know what it is but @Raffyyy is excited
Boxing Day:
British thing, no one really cares about it tbh.
New Years Eve:
Big Thing!
Eriol update:
We love Eriol... WOOOOO
New Years:
Like 2019 dude!
Toti update:
We love Toti... WOOOOO
Build Day:
Led by @ooitsbirdo , a very succesful build day in Moria of the "I have no memory of this place" place!
Tolkien's Birthday:
We worshipped Tolkien that day!
Public Poll:
And #build-feedback-inspiration was born
Public Meeting:
MCME Public Meeting - January 5th
Discord Update:
The age of men is dying and the age of orc gifs is back!
Guide Reading:
@Waterice_Man did a reading of the Mordor
MC 1.14 Snapshot:
Minecraft Snapshot 19w02a
Public Poll:
An attempt to remove channels because everyone complains about them was denied because apparently not everyone hates the channels... weird
Darki update:
We love Darki... WOOOOO
MC 1.14 Snapshot:
Minecraft Snapshot 19w03c
Security Warning:
You are all getting hacked, lmao... An Astonishing 773 Million Records Exposed in Monster Breach
Facebook Post:
This weird guy called FB Bot posted something... https://www.facebook.com/mcmeproject/photos/a.550084135038628/2208751395838552/?type=3
Hytale:
Hytale looks so cool. Hytale Middle Earth?
Today in History:
Dr. Martin Luthor King Junior has a day, and its today! MLK Day of Service | Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service 2019

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by Didi45

superlolster: I myself am very happy to have Supes back! After some time Super has decided to come back and take back her old Artist role, yet days later she went full on back and became assistant but this time taking Lizzy’s old job! I wish you good luck supes! Great to have you back!
Promotion

MatthewVP: Congrats to Matthew for reaching the rank of Guide! You did a swell job in your trial tour! Hope to see you around making races, quizzes, tours and what not! Good luck with the new rank!
Promotion

MaDReD: Congrats to Mad on being promoted to Designer! He will be keeping his enforcer rank until it becomes a badge and then we will see him leading projects and what not! Glad to have you on the build team! Don’t give him too much of a hard time guys :) “Welcome to the party Pal”Promotion

Milarwen:cWelcome Back to our favorite guitar player and Ex-Enforcer and Ex-Artist! Mil has decided it is time to come back and reclaim his old rank of Arist! Glad to have you back mate! Good luck!Promotion

Volcrest: Congrats Volcrest on reaching the role of Artist! Welcome to the Build Team! Hope to see you building awesome stuff all around the server!Promotion

xXThe12thXx : I am sad to announce that 12 has decided to step down from the role of Artist. I hope to see you around mate, thank you for your time and work in MCME. Good luck onwards and don’t be a stranger!
Resignation

Lindolas: Lindo has decided to step down from assistant and instead take back his role as Artist, thank you very much for your time and work as assistant! Hope to see you back in your old building shoes sooner or later!
Resignation

QuantaCube: Quanta has decided to step down from assistant and instead take back his old role as artist. (This means he stepped down from Foreman which he was before) Thank you very much for your time and work as assistant! Hope to see you building again soon or later!Resignation

NicTheFifth: I am sad to announce that NIic has decided it was time for him to hang up the coat and resign. Thank you very much for all your work in Moria and all around the server. We will miss you, good luck onwards and I hope to still see you around every once in a while.Resignation

~ Winners of “The Week” ~
So we got some good ones as always. Make sure you show some special recognition towards the winners of the week! They’ve presented exemplary displays of our server’s creative potential! Give a hand to these winners!

THEME-BUILD OF THE WEEK:

This time we have two winners, for the Erebor Gate theme-build and the dead marshes theme-build. First off we have the Erebor gate which was won by…….. @FoolhardyFish!
Although it’s not entirely complete it still looks amazing and is definitely a gate worthy of Erebor, great job FoolhardyFish!

5IqJuD4Pz-nuMOb0qIQEsKn8Ppo88mnUAiYCqB7DjMmsQCubOVcJTnXVE2yOJ4bVc2SRxT2FaEe6-7izHQkQ2PwgXZk6dFiVhuB6EN6hxaEzCUMn8ozAXs3Ck3JgivACoaY4eAig

Now to our second winner of the week! Congratulations @RVB_Legend! I think you captured the feeling of the dead marshes very well but most importantly the fell beast with its nazgul is just an amazing detail! Congrats RVB_Legend!

uH5-WdacfQvDaI1T0y9stfW23fZjfKIZ9jul1GtePLfhMJWDXCYPtSIWv9D_S55guykEGIy5NALCuz2ra6FmheVnT8xliBNEglvdquL6aAonvGVOelenxUdDnGwWZNjfT57uFunp

~ Lore of the Week ~
The Ring of Barahir:
The Ring of Barahir was truly well traveled; from the smithies of Valinor to the Ice Bay of Forochel to the Reunited Kingdom of the Fourth Age, this artifact, much more benign than the other rings of Tolkien’s world, is a symbol of the line of the Faithful Edain. The ring was originally created in Valinor by Finrod (later to be known as Felagund), and taken with him in the Exile of the Noldor. After an incident at Dagor Bragollach (The Battle of Sudden Flame), the Elf Lord’s life was saved by Barahir, one of the Edain, and in repayment for this deed Finrod gave him the Ring, “as a token of friendship between Finrod and the House of Barahir” (TolkienGateway’s words), and the Man wore it for the rest of his life. After Barahir’s murder at the hands of Orcs, his son Beren wrest the ring from his father’s killers and escaped to Doriath. Later in Beren’s life, the Ring came in useful as he, using the artifact, gained the favour of Finrod, who accompanied on a fateful journey to the lair of Sauron, then a mere lieutenant under Morgoth. From then on, the Ring of Barahir was preserved through Beren’s line, down through Dior, Elwing, Elros, many Kings of Númenor, and the lines of the Faithful and the Kings of Arnor. Arvedui, the last King of Arthedain, gave it to the Lossoth of Forochel, who eventually handed it over to the Dúnedain, where it continued down the line of Beren until it came to Aragorn. The last that is concrete knowledge about this Ring is that upon his marriage, Aragorn gave it to Arwen his wife.

~ More Media ~

Woop woop. Everyone’s favourite part of the times has returned again! Huzzah! We gotta kick off this with the usual twitter. Be sure to give us a “hello!” at MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter . Who knows, Cookies may be involved!

Twitter is not the most popular “social platform”, so for you “yooves” with a trendy Facebook account, try following us there too https://www.facebook.com/mcmeproject/

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

(What do you mean Snapchat is more popular than Planet Minecraft of course it isn’t)

~ Closing Statement ~

Well that was a bit of information to comprehend and a lot to still catch up on. Hopefully we can get back into the groove, and will be productive as ever. I am fairly proud of all the new applicants for ranks and please help out these applicants in achieving their goals. Be active on forums and discord and the reason I want so many updates is a more knowledgeable community in what other people are doing is a more productive community.

Great job for the Times Team, who did what they had to do, great job!

Quote from JRRT
“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times
mcmiddleearth.com​

Last edited: