• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #24/16

qzremzy-png.5157

Opening Statement

"And we back and we back and we back and we back, this aint the intro this the entree"

Welcome back once again to another edition of the Times! At least here in the States, it seems as though most schools are winding down and giving way to the wonders of summer. Whether this means you are busier with summer work or have more free time than you know what to do with, hopefully you have a few minutes to catch up on whats happening on the server this week!

So as always, sit back with your favorite cold drink (*sips beer*) and enjoy this weeks edition of the MCME Times!​

Project Progress

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @jacenpeter

Both jace and wrox have been hard at working creating potentially one of the most amazing mountain ranges on the server. Be sure to give this area a fly by as there are some very innovative techniques being used!
Anfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @kisos

Work continues to finish up the last remaining villages in Anflas, only a few left so hopefully this project will get to wrap up soon!
Belfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Thijs1801

Streams in Goldacre valley are progressing, probably finished this weekend. Also I started to terraform the southern part of Lamedon, rough terraforming is almost done but all the detailing will need some time still.
-Eriol
Lamedon (In Progress) - Lead: @Eriol_Eandur

No progress this week.
Misty Mountains (In Progress) - Lead: @Finrod_Amandil

I have finally managed to actually to continue my work on the misties and recording my timelapse video, albeit i was interrupted several times to due to awesome people showing me their awesome work or discussing with awesome people about how to make awesome stuff even awesomer. I also plan on continueing recording today (sunday).
-Finrod
Tolfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz

Tolfalas was officially "pasted" in this week! Tyr has been working on some of the river sources while wrox touches up some of the terrain.
Valleys of Celos and Sirith (In Progress) - Lead: @Fireinferno13

I have been working on a little bit of terrain work here and there when I have time. Unfortunately I have been really busy with work so I have only had time to really do a mountain here and there and some river work. If only @_Luk would return!
[Public Project] Fennas Drúnin (In Progress) - Lead: @thomasd16

The wall is complete and the 2nd farm is done it just needs some voxelling, I plan to finish all the farms hopefully by next weekend as the team is building the Fennas Keep then. Hopefully we shall be done soon!
-thomas

Plugin Development

Animation Plugin (In Progress) - Dev: @Ivan1pl

No known progress.
Plotbuild Plugin (Small fixes in progress) - Devs: @Eriol_Eandur & @Ivan1pl

No progress this week.
New New Player World (Testing in progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur, Assistance: @_Luk

q220, Eriol, Will_em and I have had a meeting about how the new quiz questions for the new NPW shall look like. We have come to that they will be divided into two sorts, on one hand Multiple-choice questions with clickable chat answers (so no more typing), and to the other hand not really questions but rather information boxes about what the MCME network consists of and similar. There's still a few questions about rules whose format we want to sort out with Dyno yet.
-Finrod
MCME-Architect and Minigames (Testing in progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

No progress this week.
PvP Server - Dev: @DSESGH

Last Wednesday @DSESGH invited some staff and non-staff members over to a testing session of his new PvP plugin. Other than the brittle compound of command blocks and plugin we had before DSE has now developped a plugin with a rock solid foundation and a really nice feel over all. There's still some flaws we did discover that still requires some tweaking (which is unfortunately that part of development that takes the longest to wholly complete) but we're on a very good way to a reliable PvP server again.
-Finrod

Resource Packs

Mordor Pack (In Progress) - Lead: @bender400

No progress this week.
Mobs (In Progress) - Creator: @Fireinferno13

I have continued to work on textures. This includes fixing up the "armored skeleton" texture as well as putting the finishing touches on the two creeper variants, or "wraiths".

Rumor has it that I am also working on rabbit textures now >.>
Rank Updates

Like Lazarus, @CEFKILLA96 just refuses to stay down and has returned to the rank of guide! In advance lets all say welcome back, sorry to see you go, and welcome back again!​

Speaking of return of the jedi, Mr @otho has also returned to the rank of designer.

@Demonataz has been found caught in a severe battle against the second great demon beside "IRL obligations": The motivation. Until he returns as victor from this fight he has been released from the duties of the designer rank.​

Media of the Week

This week, I thought I would give a little teaser for what is to come in Minecraft 1.10. Personally I think this will be a great update for our server in terms of available blocks, as both cherry blossums and magma will be vary helpful around various areas of the server!

Upcoming

Themed Build
Great Smials

Reference: [Tolkiengateway]
Resourcepack: Eriador

Scheduled Events

Jobs & Plotbuilds

Jobs for next Saturday will be announced in this thread over the course of the week. Be sure to ask Designers for jobs at any time, maybe they can offer something!

Community Outreach

Builder School (Work in Progress)

@Will_em , @NicTheFifth , and others continue to work on setting up a renovated builder school, do not hesitate to reach out to them if you are interested in helping! The overall purpose of this project is to help new players adjust to our style and learn in a much quicker manor!

Facebook Page

Overall it seems as though people are responding positively to our increased Facebook presence! Please continue to give us feedback on what would improve your experience. I am also always looking for great new screenshots to post so don't hesitate!​
Closing Statement

Well thats all you get for this week! I hope you all enjoyed the reading as I definitely enjoyed writing it as always.

On a separate note, I hope everyone has a great Hallmark Holiday Father's Day with your respective families! It is always a good time to give thanks :)

Fathers-Day-Ecards-Free-Funny-2015-3.jpg
. .

Like our Planetminecraft page daily to help promoting MCME!​

Last edited:
sunday?? nuuuuuh... if u would have waited one more day, i could have finished it myself :p but ok... i was gone for 4 weeks, so i guess its fair

sunday?? nuuuuuh... if u would have waited one more day, i could have finished it myself :p but ok... i was gone for 4 weeks, so i guess its fair
Owh sorry.. I also removed the (someone told me Doctor Who?) tornado house... Although I made a nice screenshot of it.
iR2cOEM.png